• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
---------------------------------------------------------------
RINGPLUS MAD PLANS (NO ADS) 7/14 1PM (PST) 7/21 Please note, follow links for more info and lower Member+ costs, I've left a lot out to keep it short. 
All Mad Plans plans are routed directly over the Sprint Nationwide Network (i.e., not over RingPlus).

https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/6407/ringplus.net 

KARL: quote: we are aware that there is a demand from Members for another kind of service in addition to the current RingPlus offerings. A service which is fairly priced, and uses the regular Sprint Nationwide Network to route calls without RingPlus Radio, ads, in-call apps, etc.

Some Members desire to have just one phone line on a traditional telecom service, and their other lines on the more advanced RingPlus service. Those Members want to still be able to manage all of their phones from one dashboard, and enjoy discounted prices.

This is why we decided to offer the “Mad Plans” as permanent plans in addition to the freemium and cheaper alternative revenue supported plans.

Just compare the true monthly and yearly costs for yourself. With these new plans, we are offering people comparable cell service for less.

“Mad Plans” Introductory Promo

From Thursday, July 14, 2016 @1 PM Pacific until

Thursday, July 21, 2016 @9 PM Pacific

Blow this up for the fine print:   (Each Mad Plan has different "monthly fee".  It is not free)

TALK, MMS and SMS are unlimited on these three paid plans

MAD SCIENTIST PLAN  -- $15.99 / month (or $6.99 if you have M+) Unlimited Talk, Text and 1GB Full Speed LTE DATA
https://social.ringplus.net/uploads/editor/6k/u2z5gcigtevu.png 

MAD HATTER PLAN --$22.99 / month (or $12.99 if you have M+) Unlimited Talk, Text and 2GB Full Speed LTE DATA
https://social.ringplus.net/uploads/editor/f5/nvwq05o1ysoj.png 

MAD MAN PLAN --$26.99 / month (or $17.99 if you have M+)  Unlimited Talk, Text and 3GB Full Speed LTE DATA
https://social.ringplus.net/uploads/editor/ty/swsaqoqdwogn.png 

50% OFF all “Mad Plans” monthly prices for the first month and free Number Porting
Data Overages are $15 for 1GB (billed in 1GB increments)

Tethering is available for $9.99 per month.

Data-only devices are not allowed (there are data-only device plans at RingPlus.net)

You can always switch between Mad Plans and RingPlus paid and free plans.

Mad Plan voicemail (Spanish and English) will be made available within 2 weeks at no extra cost. 

Please wait while I update prices, or add to wiki if you can. Thanks, Karl and everyone! Monkeybiz. 

Member Summary

Ring+ (7.25kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I would seriously consider that Amazon prime offer for the Moto G4. If you don't have Prime then get it from BB with $50... (more)

Monkeybiz (Jul. 20, 2016 @ 1:03p) |

I'm probably missing something, too many plans for me to keep up but I'll try.
Opening as a New Addition to the Regular ... (more)

Monkeybiz (Jul. 20, 2016 @ 6:26p) |

I'm slacking off but found some more sim help. For those with the Moto G 4 there is a thread here https://social.ringplu... (more)

Monkeybiz (Jul. 23, 2016 @ 1:48p) |

(wiki started...)
.The number of non-Sprint phones and tablets that can be used on the Sprint network keeps growing. According to Sprint the following non-Sprint devices can now be used on Sprint:

Apple: iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, and 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, iPad Mini 3 and Mini 4
The Verizon version and only the Verizon version of the iPhone 5c and 5s, iPad Air and iPad Mini 2
Google: Nexus 5, 6, 5x and 6p
Motorola: Moto X Pure Edition, Moto G4 and G4 Plus
Samsung: Galaxy S7 Special Edition and S7 Edge Special Edition

Any phone that can work on Sprint should also work on Sprint MVNOs like Ting or RingPlus.  http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2016/07/how-to-determine-which-sprint-sim-works.html
{insert wiki here}
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I'm going mad justt trying to keep up with all the plans

rated:
WindWalker said:   I'm going mad justt trying to keep up with all the plans
  I bet keeping up with all the plans at R+ is someones full-time job. And not the easiest job at R+ certainly.

Anybody know how many plans there's been? Between 50-75 all time plans is my guess.

rated:
is there a way to start a wiki, I need help with formatting.

rated:
See, I barely use my R+ phone, because my R+ free plan has no tethering. (What do you expect for free? Yes, I know...) I would pay a little for a plan with tethering but not much. I can get 4GB of data and unlimited talk, no ads, for $30/month already, so it would have to be a lot less than that for me to consider it. I see all these announcements of new plans and they make my head spin. Not sure which plan might work, even if I was eligible to switch to one...

rated:
Once all the dust settled over Sprint stopping new prepaid phones from VM, Boost, Sprint from being initially activated on Ring+. Does anyone know, can we successfully swap out grandfathered phones and still place those phones on new Ring+ accounts? Basically, once a phone is on Ring+ are they good to go and grandfathered for future activation?

I have some phones I was thinking about swapping around this week.

rated:
Until Sprint get rid of FED, I doubt they get too many people with qualified phones.

rated:
yes you can swap around R+ phones like "mad". It's official in the store, just like mine. I got my TING sim SIMGLW446C  for moto G4

All phones in the RingPlus Store are FED Free & Clear (i.e., you can activate them on another carrier on the Sprint Nationwide Network if you ever decide to change from RingPlus).

and this little M+ perk
Member+ Loaner Phones!

Member+ Subscribers will now have exclusive access to special Loaner Phones in the RingPlus Store:

1) Exclusive (and reduced) Member+ deposit amounts, and

2) Exclusive access to certain phones from top brands.

rated:
I started one... not sure if that's what you wanted or not...?

rated:
jschuman said:   Once all the dust settled over Sprint stopping new prepaid phones from VM, Boost, Sprint from being initially activated on Ring+. Does anyone know, can we successfully swap out grandfathered phones and still place those phones on new Ring+ accounts? Basically, once a phone is on Ring+ are they good to go and grandfathered for future activation?

I have some phones I was thinking about swapping around this week.

Dont think so. I had a data problem on one VM Tribute 2 phone and they could not resolve. They were going reset the account but the phone had to comply with FED (even though it was the same phone). I said no because voice and text still worked and did not want to buy another phone.

rated:
I switched plans successfully (within Ring+) on pre-FED phones (ie:purchased prepaid activated on Ring+ from the start). Is that the question? I still think the MAD's will 'FED-out' since you are switching carriers.

rated:
Monkeybiz said:   is there a way to start a wiki, I need help with formatting.

What do you need help with Monkeybiz?  You can find the quick summary here.

Hit edit, then treat it just like you would a regular post.  When you're done, save it and you should be set.

rated:
I sincerely hope that there are all these users clamoring to sign up for paid Ring+ accounts in addition to their existing free accounts.

rated:
So doing this Mad Plan would be equivalent to getting service directly with Sprint?

rated:
voyagerbob said:   So doing this Mad Plan would be equivalent to getting service directly with Sprint
Yes.

rated:
ahallfatwallett said:   See, I barely use my R+ phone, because my R+ free plan has no tethering. (What do you expect for free? Yes, I know...) I would pay a little for a plan with tethering but not much. I can get 4GB of data and unlimited talk, no ads, for $30/month already, so it would have to be a lot less than that for me to consider it. I see all these announcements of new plans and they make my head spin. Not sure which plan might work, even if I was eligible to switch to one...
........and there was time when phones were used primarily for talking.
BTW why do you need tethering to use your phone? AFAIK you only need data (which every R+ plan offers) to use your phone.
Also, tethering was offered for free ( I have Leo 3) & many times after that as a paid add-on for a small fee/month.
Looks like you are already comfortable with your paid plan and I can understand why since with R+ you have to do your own work as you are not paying them for hand-holding.
R+ is not for everyone but please do not compare apples with oranges i.e. paid plans with free plan.

rated:
MVP9596 said:   
Monkeybiz said:   is there a way to start a wiki, I need help with formatting.

What do you need help with Monkeybiz?  You can find the quick summary here

Hit edit, then treat it just like you would a regular post.  When you're done, save it and you should be set.

I'm good thanks, it was just too much to sort at once with Prime Day madness on top of everything. Now I just need more coffee. 

rated:
We have Ring+ service, the adds are a minor distraction, the downgrade in minutes and data , isn't worth it to us to switch to a non ad plan.
We are quite happy with lots of min/data, and ZERO bill

rated:
LORENW said:   We have Ring+ service, the adds are a minor distraction, the downgrade in minutes and data , isn't worth it to us to switch to a non ad plan.

How do you know that direct Sprint is not better by having less voice delay that many find annoying?
Especially on the other end. 
Dial  (909) 390-0003 and try it!
These are cheap plans and income cash flow might help keeping R+ alive for all of us.

rated:
LORENW said:   We have Ring+ service, the adds are a minor distraction, the downgrade in minutes and data , isn't worth it to us to switch to a non ad plan.

Yeah.  I get ads.  So what?

rated:
just to clarify, I've been swapping Ringplus phones around and putting some away without a problem. I've even cancelled a few lines and phones cleared R+ and Ting immediately, no waiting period imposed. Once they are activated Pre FED then you can reuse and recycle on MNVO brand or R+ as needed.

I also love my free plans even more now and share them with family. Those Sailing plans with no overages are perfect for relatives that can't be bothered with caps. One of them live next to Sprint tower and their crummy ZTE Speed was crystal clear and no noticeable lag over Free Plan. SO location is everything, a better phone helps but that was just like a land line calling to my Obitalk voip. So it's a huge YMMV but I bet straight up MNVO service is even better now without ad routing.

rated:
tethering is a ripoff...(up to $20 a month!!!) WTH /......their plans are getting more expensive especially with the top=off being held hostage (never get it back) sounds like a little desperation is setting it at R+... i switched to US-Mobile.. very competitive and includes tethering free...

rated:
again YMMV, I added $10 a year on three sailing plans so that's like 4.5 of tether and no overages. You have to try harder and wait for the right promo or upgrade.

I have had so many free upgrades over the last year it's ridiculous! What other carrier does that??

Just to update, I just saw the first post at SD that the new Moto G4 from Amazon deal is working great on Ringplus. Got to check my mailbox for ting sim.

SIMGLW446C https://ting.com/shop/nanoc5

I'm having fun, that's what matters.

rated:
Talki said:   

How do you know that direct Sprint is not better by having less voice delay that many find annoying?
Especially on the other end. 
Dial  (909) 390-0003 and try it!
These are cheap plans and income cash flow might help keeping R+ alive for all of us.

In my case, it is all about how we use ourr phones
I have a magic jack at home, so most of my normal talking is on that, seven years of good service so far
Ourcell  phones are mostly for out and about talking, which is normally a minute here and there
The major use is data when not at home ..we have Charter Cable inet at home, unlimited use
The delay or echo is slight, for us. Yes I notice it, no it is not a problem given how we use the phones

Like always, I use what works for me, you may not like the very same product, and need to find another plan, provider, etc

rated:
Karl had said Ringplus needed 300k customers to make the ad platform viable. They had 100k before the new fed rules and likely have had slowing growth since. Their only option now is to become a more vanilla mvno. I just hope they can stay in business with all the legacy free plans out there.

rated:
ditto, at RobL. I think it helps if that 100k users would follow through and interact with ads more. I haven't bought anything but I have bumped their quota up with every call. I would think other regulars are happy to see the next phase even if it means promos will be fewer and far between. It makes them seem more valuable to let it build up with fewer free flash deals. I'm all set for now but want to see it succeed. Haven't spent a dime all year except for swapping and one overage from a relative. A cheap hobby, maybe even some profit on classified + if the would make it as easy as buying guns and ammo. 

rated:
Monkeybiz said:   just to clarify, I've been swapping Ringplus phones around and putting some away without a problem. I've even cancelled a few lines and phones cleared R+ and Ting immediately, no waiting period imposed. Once they are activated Pre FED then you can reuse and recycle on MNVO brand or R+ as needed.

That was the direct answer I was looking for.  Need to swap around phones to put the Moto G4 on my line.

rated:
Monkeybiz said:   again YMMV, I added $10 a year on three sailing plans so that's like 4.5 of tether and no overages. You have to try harder and wait for the right promo or upgrade.

I have had so many free upgrades over the last year it's ridiculous! What other carrier does that??

Just to update, I just saw the first post at SD that the new Moto G4 from Amazon deal is working great on Ringplus. Got to check my mailbox for ting sim.

does this ting CDMA sim card work on ringplus?

rated:
as promised Chamberlain Free Plan
$0/month: 1,500 minutes, 1,500 texts, 1,500 MMS, and 1,500 MB of full-speed LTE data
FREE Porting (see details below).
Tethering available for $9.99 per month (auto-renewing until you turn it off).
A $30.00 Top Up is required to cover overages. If, and only if, the Top-Up balance reaches $0, another $30.00 auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file (plus applicable telecom fees and taxes).
https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/6425/flash-promo-chamberlain-free-plan#latest

Overages will be at the rate of 5˘ per unit of talk, text, SMS, MMS, and MB.

rated:
tgersinthewhhouse said:   tethering is a ripoff...(up to $20 a month!!!) WTH /......their plans are getting more expensive especially with the top=off being held hostage (never get it back) sounds like a little desperation is setting it at R+... i switched to US-Mobile.. very competitive and includes tethering free...
Which way is US Mobile competitive? Do they not charge a monthly fee?
There can be no competition between a paid plan and a free plan.

rated:
windingpath said:   
Monkeybiz said:   again YMMV, I added $10 a year on three sailing plans so that's like 4.5 of tether and no overages. You have to try harder and wait for the right promo or upgrade.

Just to update, I just saw the first post at SD that the new Moto G4 from Amazon deal is working great on Ringplus. Got to check my mailbox for ting sim.

just got confirmation from sd user (I was quoted $10 for that sim at BB)  Quote from bidaw  :I can fully confirm that the G4 will work on RingPlus. I am using sim 446C that I picked up at my local Best Buy. No problems whatsoever! 

rated:
quote Unfortunately, because these new plans route directly through Sprint's network, they will have a price slightly higher compared to the regular and freemium plans offered by RingPlus. But if you don't want to encounter RingPlus Radio or any ads, this is the price you'll have to pay. RingPlus has named these new plans as "Mad Plans". And although they are priced higher than the plans offered originally by RingPlus, they are still competitive and could even be among the cheapest plans on the market running on Sprint's network. http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2016/07/ringplus-new-plans-route...

rated:
I think R+ is morphing into a Sprint MVNO.
Let's see when will they pull the plug on the free plans.

rated:
YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN

rated:
R+ seems to have different plans all the time. It's insane....

rated:
Monkeybiz said:   
windingpath said:   

just got confirmation from sd user (I was quoted $10 for that sim at BB)  Quote from bidaw  :I can fully confirm that the G4 will work on RingPlus. I am using sim 446C that I picked up at my local Best Buy. No problems whatsoever! 

Awesome. Thanks. 

rated:
just got my five ting sims, but I have to run errands now. I guess I got lucky, I imported my Google Nexus 6 settings with Google Now launcher before I signed into Amazon. I don't have lock screen ads and moved the shopping widget to another window. I just get a blank lock screen with pin.

I updated the OP with free flash tonight, hope it's not too confusing. I'll try to catch up later, it's Prime Unboxing Day!!

rated:
jwayrama said:   R+ seems to have different plans all the time. It's insane....

The word you're looking for is "Mad"

rated:
I read something about upgrades to Mad on classified but I don't see it yet.
https://social.ringplus.net/classifieds/items/all

perhaps it's M+ only, I can't keep up. Just got my Moto G4 fired up on Rising plan. That's the plan that pays me $5/mo so it's like the test bed for any new phone.

about those purges, better start making calls more often, some may have dismissed the 60 day rule or let their 3 month M+ expire. Lesson learned.

Skipping 24 Messages...
rated:
I'm slacking off but found some more sim help. For those with the Moto G 4 there is a thread here https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/6155/amazon-moto-g4-moto-...

The number of non-Sprint phones and tablets that can be used on the Sprint network keeps growing. According to Sprint the following non-Sprint devices can now be used on Sprint :

Apple: iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, and 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, iPad Mini 3 and Mini 4
The Verizon version and only the Verizon version of the iPhone 5c and 5s, iPad Air and iPad Mini 2
Google: Nexus 5, 6, 5x and 6p
Motorola: Moto X Pure Edition, Moto G4 and G4 Plus
Samsung : Galaxy S7 Special Edition and S7 Edge Special Edition

Any phone that can work on Sprint should also work on Sprint MVNOs like Ting or RingPlus.

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2016/07/how-to-determine-which-s... 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016