• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hello fellow  fatwalleter's,

This is my first post in awhile and I figured I'd share in case others were on the same boat as me.

I was in the market for some VR Glasses And came across this Deal on Amazon 
for some VR glasses compatible with both the iPhone and Samsung devices for a good price compared to others I've seen oh the market.

https://www.amazon.com/Cymas-Virtual-Reality-Adjustable-Smartpho...

It came to $11.99 when you use Code: JGWFBESA

Fyi, if you have Prime you receive free shipping ! 

Member Summary

CYMAS 3D VR glasses compatible with both iOS and android
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Very surprising to find PD AND FD adjustments in something this cheap.

Just keep in mind that all 8 reviews were people who got the product free or discounted.

In the spirit of googles cardboard...I think this could be named "Plastic" :-D

Just kidding...looks like a pretty nice device for the price point.

As long as it can be used with Google Cardboard apps, then it's cool. You will need a controller (Bluetooth) to control apps as you cannot get your fingers on the phone while in the VR case. If the item is as pictured by the reviewers (paid or discount sponsors - duh!) and the optics are acceptable [both 2D and 3D mode] and strap is secure for user and comfortable, then this is a good deal.

[Fatwallet diehards can construct a Google Cardboard for less.]

F on Fakespot

ohh..I like this fakespot -_-

booklover said:   F on Fakespot

Never heard of this before, thanks! I really believe that paid reviews are going to be Amazon's downfall if they don't get it under control. I've easily passed on buying a couple hundred worth of stuff because it was impossible to sift through all of the garbage reviews.

I agree. Im actually a reviewer for items at a discount or free and find a lot of the stuff crap but people still give it 5 stars. They just cant get past getting a discount. Also I notice that some things have a ridiculous mark up and it ends up being the same price or less as the discounted price later on lol. 

I thought this deal was dead but I guess not.

4 of the last 5 posts are obvious fake reviews - these posters are new and travel in a pack, check their posts for yourself.

magnafides said:   
booklover said:   F on Fakespot

Never heard of this before, thanks! I really believe that paid reviews are going to be Amazon 's downfall if they don't get it under control. I've easily passed on buying a couple hundred worth of stuff because it was impossible to sift through all of the garbage reviews.

The fact that Amazon encourages this is the bigger problem.  This goes hand in hand with the other huge problem Amazon is not talking about: counterfeits. When a product becomes popular a chinese company makes a knockoff and throws it up as from another seller.  Amazon puts all the products in the same bin so there is no check on what is or isn't counterfeit.  Bezos makes tons of loot as a result and this issue is never mentioned at any of his meetings.  When there comes a point that I can't be sure what I'm getting anymore, Amazon will join the list of retailers I do not patronize.

Code doesn't appear to work anyway. It says "You successfully applied the promotional code to the order." but resulting price is still $27.99.

yamafx4dude said:   I agree. Im actually a reviewer for items at a discount or free and find a lot of the stuff crap but people still give it 5 stars. They just cant get past getting a discount. Also I notice that some things have a ridiculous mark up and it ends up being the same price or less as the discounted price later on lol. 

I don't get free stuff to review, but after buying a second laptop power adapter, the vendor offered me a third for free if I would post a review of the product.  I did and he did.  This is probably a better way of getting favorable reviews.  Someone who has returned to rebuy the same product from the same seller is probably going to post a favorable review AND they are a verified buyer.

Code works depending on payment method.

that's one of the reasons I decided to share when I stumbled across it.  I was going to try a cardboard unit but then figured at this price why not try something well made lol 

I checked yesterday and the code was stilling working for me, mind you I didn't fully check out however I use Discover card and I've never had issues.

I already bought my AXGIO Virtual Reality on the prime day at the same price . So early bird gets the worm.

Haha, this deal is just what i want. The price is alluring. Come on, fatwalleters!

drmorb said:   Bezos makes tons of loot as a result and this issue is never mentioned at any of his meetings.

I agree with you in sentiment, but I'm assuming you're not an Amazon executive so you have no idea what is/isn't mentioned in his meetings.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017