posted 47 years ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 6K

Posted with ToGo

Honeywell Easy to Care Top Fill Cool Moisture Humidifier
$15.00
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Honeywell-Easy-to-Care-Top-Fill-Cool-Moisture-Humidifier/29733480 

Medium sized roomsRelieves dry air discomforts1.5 gal tank capacity

Views
7 Comments
Add Comment
Off season is the time to buy these! This is an evaporative filter type not an ultrasonic. I like ultrasonics more but they cost more. Both often need filters and dont forget to use good clean water and get a bottle of humidifier cleaner!

PatioFurniture said:   Off season is the time to buy these! This is an evaporative filter type not an ultrasonic. I like ultrasonics more but they cost more. Both often need filters and dont forget to use good clean water and get a bottle of humidifier cleaner!
  I hate ultrasonics.  A few weeks and your whole room is covered in white dust...

russ0519 said:   
PatioFurniture said:   Off season is the time to buy these! This is an evaporative filter type not an ultrasonic. I like ultrasonics more but they cost more. Both often need filters and dont forget to use good clean water and get a bottle of humidifier cleaner!
  I hate ultrasonics.  A few weeks and your whole room is covered in white dust...

I had that happen too with the cheapy I got from my parents long ago. I stopped using it when it tried to catch on fire since it seized up or something. I dunno I woke up to a terrible noise. I got one with a filter and use distilled or demineralized water. No more dust!

PatioFurniture said:   Off season is the time to buy these! This is an evaporative filter type not an ultrasonic.
Did you mean this item does not use ultrasonic Humidifier piezoelectric transducer? I sure would like to know what does it use to convert water to cool steam (vapor)?

I started on using humidifiers with a cool and quiet. As much as the process is cool looking and it can humidify a room in nothing flat, the fan blowing unfiltered air over the water chamber just led to the water quickly getting dirty which quickly led to growths on the fogger plate and inside the deminerlizing cartridge. that also ment it was more likely to introduce odors into the air. Went to a fairly basic warm air humidifier and been using it for well over a year now. The warm air can go between cleanings a little longer, but cleanings are a little harder as you are soaking it in viniger to remove the scale from the heating element. Don't worry about removing minerals, it is a losing battle if you fill it every other night like I do.

Down to $15!

this isn't a good humidifier.  My wife has dry skin and ran this in our bedroom.  the unit itself has a good design and filters can be had rather cheap on line.  the issue for us is it would randomly stop working and when it did work it just didn't seem to get much moisture in the air.  not quiet but tolerable.  we finally gave up on this unit and bought a different type

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017