• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

Boost Mobile - LG Tribute 5 Prepaid Cell Phone - Black
$19.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/boost-mobile-lg-tribute-5-prepaid-cell-phone-black/4684000.p?id=bb4684000&skuId=4684000

This isn't just a smartphone: it's a Tribute. Featuring Android 5.1 Lollipop and a 5-inch IPS touchscreen display, this smartphone is easy to use while offering all the advanced features you could need. Five-megapixel front- and rear-facing cameras allow you to capture all the action with this LG Tribute smartphone.

Member Summary

boost
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can this be activated on RingPLus?

Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 CPU = pass.

Reminor said:   Can this be activated on RingPLus?  not until ring+ is the only company left, and karl and his ra ra boys have most believing this.

thanks op good price for backup on boost.

LG Tribute 5 Boost Mobile Review Rating | PCMag.com
Disclaimer

Reminor said:   Can this be activated on RingPLus?
  Possibly, you will need to buy it, enter the serial number into the ring + site to find out.
If not return the phone
Or go to BB and write down a serial number an
d heck with ring +

No

marcopolomle said:   
No

And that stinks. I keep hoping that S print will open up the FED loophole (if that's the correct way to say it), maybe selling the Boost for a little more to break even or make some $. Wouldn't really help Boost, but it'd certainly bring lots more users to R+.
I now have 2 loaner ZTE Speed phones with plans that the kids have managed to crack the screens. So I'm stuck with buying a more expensive new or refurb handset or maybe trying to replace the screen that can be had for around $20-30 from e Bay.

With kids you should always have spare phone/spectacles/shoes etc etc
There were tons of $20 phone deals weeks before FED loophole got plugged AND Boost CPO phone were available for weeks AFTER the FED loophole closed.
That's why I have three spare pre FED phones in my drawer.
But since you don't have a time machine yet and Boost CPO phones are no longer being offered, the only other option is to buy from eBay & such (after checking the ESN)

marcopolomle said:With kids you should always have spare phone/spectacles/shoes etc etc
  So true but the 2 brothers have managed to break screens on my spare ZTE Speed phones even after I provided them a case. I did find new replacement screens for under $20 on the 'bay. Not sure of my skills but at that price it might be worth doing 1 at a time.

I have replaced several digitizers on Androids and never had a problem breaking anything, but some of them just didn't work right. They had bad spots or made the phone go nuts with ghost touching. Good luck.

rs899 said:   I have replaced several digitizers on Androids and never had a problem breaking anything, but some of them just didn't work right.

Umm, I hear ya. Decided to take the chance mainly because both phones are tied to a R+ cell plan and can't be replaced for the ~$20 purchase price. Way more expensive now, and the condition they're in now they're just a paper weight. Can't wait to tell the kids when I go to rescue the broken phones (if they can find them) that I've had various handsets for over a decade and never broke one, but they ARE kids.

Did the sale end? I thought the price was good till 8/1?

mattymattgreif said:   Did the sale end? I thought the price was good till 8/1?
Wow, another bot activation here.
mattymattgreif's Profile said:

Member Posts: 2

mattymattgreif said:   Did the sale end? I thought the price was good till 8/1?
  I still see them as $19.99
Also if your WM has them they will price match

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016