posted 48 years ago by
Talki

I searched and have not seen it posted ... but under "Buy Add Ons" under basic add ons it says
Lifetime Member+ $120.00 / 100 years

(Further down under Member Plus it also gives a choice of 8*$20 for those who like to pay more )

Views
18 Comments
Add Comment
I'm just wondering when the bubble is going to blow. I have six phones with them. most of them from the k-mart free deals after points.

Thanks, but I'm quite happy with Verizon (gasp!) right now. Their "New Plan" unlimited minutes/texts (USA) and 2GB data (I seldom use even 1GB since I have wireless at home for 4 devices including PC) with rollover to next month for any unused data used, for $53 OTD/month includes taxes/surcharges, is fine with me. They've always been great with help and customer service.

Squonk said:   Thanks, but I'm quite happy with Verizon (gasp!) right now. Their "New Plan" unlimited minutes/texts (USA) and 2GB data (I seldom use even 1GB since I have wireless at home for 4 devices including PC) with rollover to next month for any unused data used, for $53 OTD/month includes taxes/surcharges, is fine with me. They've always been great with help and customer service.

Sorry but that's not even close to a good deal.

Stubtify said:   
Squonk said:   Thanks, but I'm quite happy with Verizon (gasp!) right now. Their "New Plan" unlimited minutes/texts (USA) and 2GB data (I seldom use even 1GB since I have wireless at home for 4 devices including PC) with rollover to next month for any unused data used, for $53 OTD/month includes taxes/surcharges, is fine with me. They've always been great with help and customer service.

Sorry, it is for me and that's what's important.

not hot when they just upgraded the five hundred freeloaders for nine bucks each.

I never understood the member+ stuff in ringplus. Anyone care to explain in brief? Is it one time charge to get extra privileges for all connections on the account?

Monkeybiz said:   not hot when they just upgraded the five hundred freeloaders for nine bucks each.

But if they had M+ they could have saved $7! 

Actually depending on your plan/usage patterns M+ can be a good deal, just really dependent on R+ being around for more than a few more months

ElGuache said:   I'm just wondering when the bubble is going to blow. I have six phones with them. most of them from the k-mart free deals after points.

It is already starting, this looks like the zenith.....now go watch the The Big Short.....to see how this turns out

The monthly flood of new sign-ups stopped when Sprint changed their pre-paid phone rulez. Now Ringplus is throwing everything out the window to keep people signing up.
They charge $15 a gig data overage? I use my 1GB a month.....and its free. All they will get out of me.....is my initial $5 topup if they go under. No way that covers the year of service I used.

The pyramid is getting weak........................

nortotron said:   I never understood the member+ stuff in ringplus. Anyone care to explain in brief? Is it one time charge to get extra privileges for all connections on the account?

You were supposed to be able to buy MP - and get better deals than non members. But they shot themselves in the foot when they started offering non members/new members almost the same deals.

Its not usually one time. You had to keep your MP to keep what ever "good" plan you got with it. If you let your MP go, you lose that plan. Another shot in the foot.

the last few offers and mad plans made it clear there are more member+ benefits coming all the time. It might make sense for new folk, others like me are so spoiled rotten after a year we expect nothing short of the moon. They are making plenty of money off me and but I won't pay for M+ or any monthly fees. They have my upgrade fees, top offs and plenty of swapping fees. I'm already drooling over the new Commitment on my phablets. This is my first classified purchase so maybe that will save me a swap since I can apply it later to phone of my choice.

that reminds me, that commitment upgrade Member+ Re-Opening Times:Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 1PM Pacific untilMonday, July  25, 2016 at 1PM Pacific

https://promos.ringplus.net/  great little bookmark. 

RingPlus has some plans that have monthly charges, and operate like other conventional Sprint Prepaid MVNO's.    They offer almost exactly the same services but end up costing less monthly than Boost, VM or Sprint Pre-paid.   If the line is Member + it seems to save about $ 10 per month.   So presently Member + could be had for $ 120 making break even 1 year and then the pre-paid plan is a very good deal monthly.   

The free plans are naturally darn near free after top up, but they are routed through the Ring Plus music an advertisement channels.   Some people have found this to be problematic with high voice latency, and other issues.   

For one of the monthly recurring charge plans member plus makes sense.   Also upgrades on the free plans are easier to get.   There have been some exclusive member + offerings that were not available to others.

A final thought.   Compared to about every other wireless option, RingPlus offers significant savings.   Its not Verizon Post Paid level of service but it certainly costs far less.  If you look at high quality Pre-paid service -  $ 45 minimum for 2GB on Verizon Pre-paid per month.   The Ring Plus Plan this weekend would cost $12.50 for 3.5GB (including tethering).  Verizon does include unlimited MMS  however, and there network is larger.    But still without tethering the cost this entire year for Ring Plus would be $ 35 and Verizon Pre-paid would be $ 540.   Its all about is the service quality good enough to meet your needs.

Member+ is simply an ETF (early termination fee) in reverse. In an old-fashioned contract plan, if you cancel your plan early, you pay an ETF fee. This was (in theory) in exchange for a subsidized phone.

With Ringplus Member+, you pay the fee up-front, so you then feel obligated to continue your service with them because you (in theory) are getting discounts. It's really just a psychological ploy by the company to sucker you in.

It's like the posts I see on here from time to time for RedPocket, where people rave about the discount rates if they simply pay for a year up front. Hello, that's the same as signing an annual contract. (Actually, it's worse, since you have to pay it all up front rather than a month at a time).

it,s getting harder to be a troll with ring+,  people seem to be going more and more to the troll side now. remember when I was the #1 oh well.

what phones do you guys use with ring plus, can you use regular gsm? or do you generally buy used Sprint ones from eBay/CL ?

not GSM unless it's dual sim flagship. Even the humble moto G4 will swap both ways, CDMA (R+) and GSM .like tm and att.

dennis the editor is helpful http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2015/10/ringplus-promotions-trac...

dual sims along with Google voice are builtin backup, I don't port number but can switch MNVOs easily in minutes.

Squonk said:   
Stubtify said:   

Sorry, it is for me and that's what's important.

1) Thats not what's important on a deal website, maybe on your blog.
2) Even if that was what's important, comparing $0/mo to $53/mo and calling 53 a good deal is asinine. 

Monkeybiz said:   not GSM unless it's dual sim flagship. Even the humble moto G4 will swap both ways, CDMA (R+) and GSM .like tm and att.

dennis the editor is helpful http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2015/10/ringplus-promotions-trac... 

dual sims along with Google voice are builtin backup, I don't port number but can switch MNVOs easily in minutes.

i know they have an IMEI checker

anyone able to use galaxy tab 3 or some such tablet and phone dialer with the LTE plans?

or else galaxy note or some such phablet is my best bet?

what phone do you rock m biz?

moto g4 is not dual sim right? why do we need dual sim? you mean just in case you want to give it a shot without losing current gsm service?

yes dual sim, single slot on G4 Us version. Have to swap it with lycamobile, ringplus, cricket or other prepaid. Just worth it, to invest a bit more in nexus or other universal sim support. and the prime day sale was great timing, those tiny ads don't bother me one bit. I use my Nexus 6 mostly but the Moto G4 is my work horse on the dirty jobs. I also have Obi200 voip cuz frankly the voice quality isn't great in my coverage. My relative next to tower is crystal clear and little to no latency. I would follow the rules and get a data only plan for tablets. I've taken Karl more seriously since they downgraded the loafers that can't bother to dial a stupid number every two months. tsk tsk

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017