• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
"Save $80... Regular $99.99" ROFLMAO $99.99

rated:
It is a great price, but, I would not want to transfer a lot of data using USB 2. If your computer has USB 3 ports, or if you think you will be buying a new computer, that most likely would have USB 3, I would not buy this Flash drive. I think the USB 3 drive data transfer rate is about 10 times faster than the USB 2 drive.

Unless you have a lot of time AND you need a drive this big, buy a smaller USB 3 drive. Their prices are coming down.

rated:
I have one ...and it is slow
about 5MB/sec  write rate  for anything larger than 10 MB

rated:
midnightt said:   It is a great price, but, I would not want to transfer a lot of data using USB 2. If your computer has USB 3 ports, or if you think you will be buying a new computer, that most likely would have USB 3, I would not buy this Flash drive. I think the USB 3 drive data transfer rate is about 10 times faster than the USB 2 drive.

Unless you have a lot of time AND you need a drive this big, buy a smaller USB 3 drive. Their prices are coming down.

I somewhat agree but would like to add this.  A lot of us out there use flash drives with OTG cables for phone and tablets.  If that is your primary use this will be a fine drive at a great price.  This would also make a great drive to add to your router for a little network storage.  Lot's of other uses where 3.0 won't help and like I said it's a great price

rated:
They might be getting rid of their old USB 2.0 stocks.

rated:
There is also a USB 3 128GB drive for $5 more for those who want USB 3. Link

rated:
This product can be a good value for a number of the common uses of flash drives. For example, it may be a mirror for large portions of your laptop for those occasions where you didn't anticipate needing the laptop and the cloud isn't a practical alternative. In such cases, although the contents of the flash drive can be large, the amount of change at any one time tends to be small, so the slow write speed is not a real inconvenience.

rated:
SupTech said:   I have one ...and it is slow
about 5MB/sec  write rate  for anything larger than 10 MB

I get 6-8MB from my 64GB Glide, but yes, it's very slow, and it's not just because it's USB 2.0.
My laptop is 2.0, and most USB and SD Card memory products give me 20-22MB/s.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016