• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.allegiantair.com/ 

book by 7/30 for intro fares
Trenton (TTN)

Orlando Sanford: Three weekly flights begin Nov. 3. The year-round service will be operated with Airbus A320 aircraft.

Punta Gorda: Two weekly flights begin Nov. 3. The year-round service will be operated with Airbus A320 aircraft.

St. Petersburg: Two weekly flights begin Nov. 4. The year-round service will be operated with Airbus A320 aircraft.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
It's just like on the beach in the Bahamas ... they sell hair braiding, eyelash weaving, weed and happy ending massages ... (more)

MisterEd (Jul. 30, 2016 @ 9:06a) |

You're confused.  This service is with Airbus A320 aircraft.  If you want to fly old MD-80s, fly Delta (www.delta.com). ... (more)

NEDeals (Jul. 30, 2016 @ 10:57a) |

That survey was conducted by the pilot's union, so it might be a touch biased.  Also, looking at the survey report itsel... (more)

cestmoi123 (Aug. 02, 2016 @ 8:37a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Just realize that if you are going to Disneyworld, you will have to provide your own transportation to the Disney Resort from Sanford, as Disney's Magical Express will only transport you from Orlando International.

Return flights from Orlando to TTN are at 8am??? Going down is around 2pm.
Round-trip Airport Shuttle Service to Orlando Area Resorts $71.99

Extra Leg room $17 - $23
Select seat between $12 rear - $22 (front)
Priority access $12
Checked bag $40
Carry on bag $30


 

rsuaver said:   Return flights from Orlando to TTN are at 8am??? Going down is around 2pm.

Round-trip Airport Shuttle Service to Orlando Area Resorts $71.99

Extra Leg room $17 - $23
Select seat between $12 rear - $22 (front)
Priority access $12
Checked bag $40
Carry on bag $30


 

  

everything you list is optional. you simply have to compare fare + bag fee to another airline to calculate deals on airfares. all carriers now charge premiums for leg room seats, etc. You don't have to choose a seat, free to have one assigned day of travel.

I dropped my brother off at the Trenton (TTN) airport 2 weeks ago and it was rather small but in a good way.  No long security lines since the terminal was about the smallest I have ever seen outside of the Caribbean.  Parking across the street for $8 a day compared with $33 a day at Port Authority airport (JFK, LGA, EWR).  Brother got $25 flight from TTN to CLT on Frontier.  His checked bag was $30 and cost more than his ticket

robstrash said:   I dropped my brother off at the Trenton (TTN) airport 2 weeks ago and it was rather small but in a good way.  No long security lines since the terminal was about the smallest I have ever seen outside of the Caribbean.  Parking across the street for $8 a day compared with $33 a day at Port Authority airport (JFK, LGA, EWR).  Brother got $25 flight from TTN to CLT on Frontier.  His checked bag was $30 and cost more than his ticket
  

Trenton's a breeze compared to EWR or PHL. plus it is literally off a no traffic part of I-95, no tolls to get there like the Jersey Turnpike. Gasoline is very cheap near that airport too if you need to fill up and save a few more dollars. 

Allegiantair is a nice , cheap way to go if you can get the really cheap fares. Its a no frills airline and the flights are differnent . One I took from Virginia to Sanford reminded me of mexican greyhound. People were hocking wares the entire trip up and down the isle. But the one I flew from Texas to vegas was more like airlines I was used to. Just be careful what you accept from the stewardess. Nothing is free. At the end of the Vegas flight I got a tab for the soda and a glass of water.

vaylon said:   Allegiantair is a nice , cheap way to go if you can get the really cheap fares. Its a no frills airline and the flights are differnent . One I took from Virginia to Sanford reminded me of mexican greyhound. People were hocking wares the entire trip up and down the isle. But the one I flew from Texas to vegas was more like airlines I was used to. Just be careful what you accept from the stewardess. Nothing is free. At the end of the Vegas flight I got a tab for the soda and a glass of water.
  

They charge for water??? wow, even Frontier gives you water for free! LOL

In other news, you can walk from Trenton to Florida. Takes a bit longer, but still preferable to Alliegiant.

3 flights a week? I guess if one gets cancelled you are stuck for 2 days waiting for the next bus!   Atlantic City is also a nice easy airport to fly to/from. 

LMAO!  $8 surcharge each way for Credit Cards!   (Debit cards are "free." ). 

Prices displayed are the lowest available per person, including taxes, carrier charges & government fees, and reflect payment by debit card. A surcharge (not to exceed $8 each way, per passenger) applies to credit card transactions to cover merchant costs of payment. Travelers paying by debit card may not have all of the consumer protections legally available to those paying by credit card in the event of a dispute. 

The REAL fine print states "Passengers must pump their own Jet Fuel.  Fuel charges at the current per barrel rate"

MisterEd said:   3 flights a week? I guess if one gets cancelled you are stuck for 2 days waiting for the next bus!   Atlantic City is also a nice easy airport to fly to/from. 

LMAO!  $8 surcharge each way for Credit Cards!   (Debit cards are "free." ). 

Prices displayed are the lowest available per person, including taxes, carrier charges & government fees, and reflect payment by debit card. A surcharge (not to exceed $8 each way, per passenger) applies to credit card transactions to cover merchant costs of payment. Travelers paying by debit card may not have all of the consumer protections legally available to those paying by credit card in the event of a dispute. 

The REAL fine print states "Passengers must pump their own Jet Fuel.  Fuel charges at the current per barrel rate"

  

oh crap, I missed that ridiculous upcharge! I'll stick with Frontier.....

Wonder if they charge for air to breathe and toilet paper on the flight too....

MISTERCHEAP said:   
robstrash said:   I dropped my brother off at the Trenton (TTN) airport 2 weeks ago and it was rather small but in a good way.  No long security lines since the terminal was about the smallest I have ever seen outside of the Caribbean.  Parking across the street for $8 a day compared with $33 a day at Port Authority airport (JFK, LGA, EWR).  Brother got $25 flight from TTN to CLT on Frontier.  His checked bag was $30 and cost more than his ticket
  

Trenton's a breeze compared to EWR or PHL. plus it is literally off a no traffic part of I-95, no tolls to get there like the Jersey Turnpike. Gasoline is very cheap near that airport too if you need to fill up and save a few more dollars. 

I live 30+miles away from EWR.. no tolls to get there while taking the fastest/shortest route.
I did score a $85 roundtrip TTN-Chicago Midway tickets two years ago.. and that was awesome.. especially because there was free parking at that time.
 

KayK said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
robstrash said:   I dropped my brother off at the Trenton (TTN) airport 2 weeks ago and it was rather small but in a good way.  No long security lines since the terminal was about the smallest I have ever seen outside of the Caribbean.  Parking across the street for $8 a day compared with $33 a day at Port Authority airport (JFK, LGA, EWR).  Brother got $25 flight from TTN to CLT on Frontier.  His checked bag was $30 and cost more than his ticket
  

Trenton's a breeze compared to EWR or PHL. plus it is literally off a no traffic part of I-95, no tolls to get there like the Jersey Turnpike. Gasoline is very cheap near that airport too if you need to fill up and save a few more dollars. 

I live 30+miles away from EWR.. no tolls to get there while taking the fastest/shortest route.
I did score a $85 roundtrip TTN-Chicago Midway tickets two years ago.. and that was awesome.. especially because there was free parking at that time.

  

yes, but for many of us, the NJTpk is the fastest route. sure there are areas of NJ where you can get there quickly on non-toll roads.

Trenton is a great airport to fly in and out. As mentioned, right off the highway, no tolls. Parking, back in the day, used to be free. Small terminal, usually no waiting.

I still say Southwest, after everything is said and done is usually the best and cheapest way to go. With Spirit, you are taking your chances that you may be delayed for who knows how long. Frontier isn't terrible and I have never flown Allegiant. But I still believe, given their size and service (I literally have never had a problem with Southwest) and usual good customer service, Southwest is the way to go. BUT JMHO.

I live in Sanford and used Allegiant 4-5 times to go north

We moved to FL last year. Have done 10 or so flights on Allegiant.  No issues except for a weather delay (other airlines had same issue) .  I check 1 bag, and wait till 3 hours before flight to check in and get assigned seat. Waiting gets you towards the front of the plane.  Still way cheaper than other airlines. 

Sanford is way north of Orlando, and as Disneyworld is Southwest of Orlando, I don's see it as a good tourist flight but for people who live in that area.

vaylon said:   People were hocking wares the entire trip up and down the isle.
 

LOL - passengers or crew? and what items?

Just remember to bring your hammer in case any of the rivets come loose in those rust bucket MD-83s they're still flying.

ultrancw said:   Just remember to bring your hammer in case any of the rivets come loose in those rust bucket MD-83s they're still flying.
Did you read the OP?  

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/05/06/allegiant-safe...

“Almost half of the pilots said they will not allow their own families to fly on the aircraft. That is a stunning repudiation of the operations at Allegiant. I have never heard that before at a carrier. And that is not sour grapes. That is not to make publicity. That is a real fear that these pilots have. And the reason is because they’re on the front lines and observe day in and day out the way Allegiant skimps on maintenance, pushes their aircraft.”

BrianGa said:   
vaylon said:   People were hocking wares the entire trip up and down the isle.
LOL - passengers or crew? and what items?

  
It's just like on the beach in the Bahamas ... they sell hair braiding, eyelash weaving, weed and happy ending massages (in the back of the plane). 

ultrancw said:   Just remember to bring your hammer in case any of the rivets come loose in those rust bucket MD-83s they're still flying.
  
You're confused.  This service is with Airbus A320 aircraft.  If you want to fly old MD-80s, fly Delta (www.delta.com).  They have the largest fleet of MD-80s, followed by American.  You can spot their black smoky trail of pollution behind them in the distance, just before you go deaf. 

stl717 said:   http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/05/06/allegiant-safe... 

“Almost half of the pilots said they will not allow their own families to fly on the aircraft. That is a stunning repudiation of the operations at Allegiant. I have never heard that before at a carrier. And that is not sour grapes. That is not to make publicity. That is a real fear that these pilots have. And the reason is because they’re on the front lines and observe day in and day out the way Allegiant skimps on maintenance, pushes their aircraft.”
 

  
That survey was conducted by the pilot's union, so it might be a touch biased.  Also, looking at the survey report itself, I don't see that question anywhere.

Alliegiant's safe - it's just a terrible airline from a customer perspective.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017