posted 5 months ago by
wmnetid

Details
Get 10% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make online payments to an electronic toll provider by 10/31/16. Limit of $20 in total statement credits. Valid only in select states. See terms below for details.

Terms
Enrollment is limited. Valid only for online payments made directly to electronic toll collection system provider, including charges to your enrolled Card when it is set as a default form of payment. Payments to electronic toll collection system providers for charges incurred in the following states are eligible for this offer: Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, and West Virginia. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of $20 in total statement credits per American Express online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 10/31/16, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CCJ6:0001

31 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
thanks. prepaid 200 for ezpass and got the email that i used to offer.

does twitter work to get other cards the offer?

rated:
No go on my blue cash preferred.

rated:
3/3 on my Blue Cash Preferred and Blue Sky cards.

Should have no problem using all 3 offers since my wife commutes over the GW Bridge every day during the school year.

rated:
0/2 for me.
I haven't received any if the good ones for the last few months for some reason.

rated:
My Ezpass was already setup for my Amex, but i didn't get the offer.

rated:
emp1 said:   3/3 on my Blue Cash Preferred and Blue Sky cards.

Should have no problem using all 3 offers since my wife commutes over the GW Bridge every day during the school year.

My condolences to your wife.

rated:
No go on AmEx Everyday

Neil

rated:
Got in on my Blue Cash Preferred. Just in time for a cross-country trip!

rated:
Note: The terms and conditions make it seem that this only works on EZ-Pass and not with other tolling programs.

Got it on my BCE. Probably could max this out w/o prepaying.

rated:
Probably obvious but you can pre-pay NYS EZ-pass. So, if you have multiple amex offers, you can just prepay the tolls by $200 and bank the free $20 from Amex. I got a confirm email that the prepay transaction "used" the Amex deal so the credit works. Then, if for example, you have the Ez-pass hooked up to your chase sapphire preferred, you can just switch it back.

rated:
I take their offer benefiting car drivers only  and not applicable to, or with an offer for public transportation payments, as a policy statement against people who don't drive and who use public transportation.

rated:
Massachusetts isn't listed, will it work for EZ Pass here?

rated:
cows123 said:   I take their offer benefiting car drivers only  and not applicable to, or with an offer for public transportation payments, as a policy statement against people who don't drive and who use public transportation.
  i think they're actually gonna have works shoot people getting off of buses and trains bc they hate them so much

rated:
matrix5k said:   Massachusetts isn't listed, will it work for EZ Pass here?
I don't know. What do you suppose "Valid only in select states" combined with the list of states where it's valid means?

rated:
cows123 said:   I take their offer benefiting car drivers only  and not applicable to, or with an offer for public transportation payments, as a policy statement against people who don't drive and who use public transportation.
How about people who don't pay tolls at all? Is it a policy statement against them as well?

rated:
I am in Mass and I was able to get the credit.

rated:
ZuluBlob said:   I am in Mass and I was able to get the credit.
Did you make payment for a Mass toll provider or another state?  

rated:
Got it and used it to prepay $200 to get the $20 back. I'll use this credit in about... oh 2 months.

rated:
I made a payment to mass Ez pass and did not get the credit. Looks like it's excluded in the fine print.

rated:

In other news, the specific Restaurant offers only benefit folks who eat at restaurants, but not those who only prepare their food themselves from a supermarket or their own farm.  

rated:
ZuluBlob said:   I am in Mass and I was able to get the credit.

Which E-ZPass account provider do you use? 

rated:
  yes.  I added funds to my EZ pass (MA) account and got the email that I used the AMEX offer

rated:
mmyk72 said:   
  yes.  I added funds to my EZ pass (MA) account and got the email that I used the AMEX offer

That's odd, since scottvm says it did not work for him. What website did you use?

rated:
NEDeals said:   

In other news, the specific Restaurant offers only benefit folks who eat at restaurants, but not those who only prepare their food themselves from a supermarket or their own farm.  

No one has to go to restaurants, so they often have offers, like a lunch special, to encourage customers to come, or ĉome there instead of patronizing competitors.  Unless you are unemployed by circumstance, retired, wealthy enough to not bother, leeching off the taxpayers like someone I know, or otherwise exempt from it, everyone else has to go to work, and unless you can bicycle or walk, has to pay for a method of transportation to get there.  Just because Amex works out a promotion where a specific restaurant makes an offer offer through Amex, doesn't mean Amex has to use it's own money to make the same offer for every restaurant in the country.  I find it hard to believe that Amex worked out a deal with every toll collection agency in the country where they all chose to give their customers a 10% discount, and Amex isn't paying for this themselves. Giving a rebate to toll payers and not public transportation users, both of which payments often are made to the government, clearly favors car drivers for, what for anyone who is too far or can't bicycle or walk to work, is a necessity.

rated:
cows123 said:   
NEDeals said:   

No one has to go to restaurants, so they often have offers, like a lunch special, to encourage customers to come, or ĉome there instead of patronizing competitors.  Unless you are unemployed by circumstance, retired, wealthy enough to not bother, leeching off the taxpayers like someone I know, or otherwise exempt from it, everyone else has to go to work, and unless you can bicycle or walk, has to pay for a method of transportation to get there.  Just because Amex works out a promotion where a specific restaurant makes an offer offer through Amex, doesn't mean Amex has to use it's own money to make the same offer for every restaurant in the country.  I find it hard to believe that Amex worked out a deal with every toll collection agency in the country where they all chose to give their customers a 10% discount, and Amex isn't paying for this themselves. Giving a rebate to toll payers and not public transportation users, both of which payments often are made to the government, clearly favors car drivers for, what for anyone who is too far or can't bicycle or walk to work, is a necessity.

Amex is trying to encourage people to use their cards to "everyday" expenses -- this would include tolling.

When it comes to the heaviest users of public transportation, many people don't directly pay for it -- since they use payroll reduction plans to pay their commuting costs. Amex can't get these people to pay for their "everyday" commuting expenses, because the payroll deduction is converted to a voucher or stored-value card.

rated:
Enrollment is limited. Valid only for online payments made directly to electronic toll collection system provider, including charges to your enrolled Card when it is set as a default form of payment. Payments to electronic toll collection system providers for charges incurred in the following states are eligible for this offer: Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, and West Virginia. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of $20 in total statement credits per American Express online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 10/31/16, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer.

No mass listed.

rated:
scottvm said:   No mass listed.
Yet mmyk72 said it worked for them.

• mmyk72

rated:
Bump.

If you have a MassDot EZPass transponder, don't wait until 10/31 to make that Amex CC one-time payment.
MassDot said: Customer Notices:
Massachusetts will be activating all electronic tolling the weekend of October 28 and due to the switchover of toll features including account information, this website will be unavailable and offline from 10:00 p.m., Friday, October 28, through November 1 at 7:00 AM. Thank you for your understanding as the Commonwealth changes to all electronic tolling.

rated:
cows123 said:   
NEDeals said:   

I hope AmEx doesn't read stuff like this and decide it's just not worth dealing with people and their nonsense and end the program.  If you're not interested in a particular offer, don't load it onto your card.  I, for one, would have been thankful to receive this offer and would have made maximum use of it.

rated:
cows123 said:   
NEDeals said:   

My head just exploded. I can't believe you are trying to rationalize and defend your stance. If you actually understand business dynamics and what AMEX is intending to do, there would not be any of this non-sense.

AMEX is a business, not a social equality program.

rated:
"Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee."

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017