posted 2 months ago by
Senior Member - 5K

Posted with ToGo

128GB Lexar JumpDrive S55 USB 3.0 Flash Drive

High-capacity and high-performance flash drive
Store your files quickly and easily.
Integrated sliding cover helps protect the drive and its contents.

Add Comment
More deals in the official Office Depot coupon thread.
A heads up for Mac users. Bought 2 and unfortunately they are not recognized at all on my brand new Macbook Air 13". The drive doesn't show up in finder or in the disk utility. I checked Amazon reviews and the only Mac OS user that I found in the reviews said it wasn't compatible,  He mentioned upgrading the encryption software.  I tried but it still didn't work for me.

The drives are recognized on a Chromebook. Performance on a Chromebook seems reasonable but I haven't run a speedtest since the software is on my Mac and the drive isn't recognized by my Mac.

The plastic housing is pretty poor... the worst that I have seen. If you are just leaving the drive on your desk, it should be fine. I definitely wouldn't recommend carrying the drive in a pocket with change and/or keys etc.

Update: Drive works on an old white Macbook running Snow Leopard.  I couldn't get the drive to work on 2 machines running El Capitan.  I tried formatting the drive as hfs+ journaled on the old Macbook (Snow Leopard) but the new Macbook Air (El Capitan) still didn't show the drive in Disk Utility.   All of these machines work fine with other drives, including the blazing fast Sandisk Extreme.

Office Depot /OfficeMax also has the 128GB Sandisk Ultra on sale for the same price (according to another Hot deals post) and that drive may work better for some folks.  According to reviews the Sandisk Ultra might be slower though.  Of course, everything seems slow compared to the Sandisk Extreme!

I ended up returning both Lexar drives to Office Max.

Before I place an order, can someone confirm Lexar's BootIt utility will definitely change the RMB (removable media bit) on these such that Windows 10 will recognize it as a basic disk with multiple partitions instead?

Also available for the same price from Adorama via Amazon with free shipping and no tax outside of NY.

Grablife said:   Also available for the same price from Adorama via Amazon with free shipping and no tax outside of NY.

I don't see that that on Amazon?

Only found it on Adorama's website for same price with free shipping:

Interesting that the Ad O Rama site says
1) closeout
2) OOS - Backorder

Office Despot is always good to use as a price match site

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016