rated:
Can you buy a bunch of them and use them back to back? 2GB of data on genuine Verizon towers and Verizon support is not bad for $25 a month. I'm sure you would get a new phone number each month, but thinking of data only.

rated:
Catpiss_Neverclean said:   Can you buy a bunch of them and use them back to back? 2GB of data on genuine Verizon towers and Verizon support is not bad for $25 a month. I'm sure you would get a new phone number each month, but thinking of data only.
Depends on what you mean by a bunch. I know a couple of prepaid brands limit the number of devices they sell to one address in some period of time. I think T-Mobile has a restriction like this on their prepaid SIMs. I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon has a limit on how many of these you can buy. Why don't you try and see how many you can get before you get cut off?

rated:
FutureDilemma said:   
Catpiss_Neverclean said:   Can you buy a bunch of them and use them back to back? 2GB of data on genuine Verizon towers and Verizon support is not bad for $25 a month. I'm sure you would get a new phone number each month, but thinking of data only.
Depends on what you mean by a bunch. I know a couple of prepaid brands limit the number of devices they sell to one address in some period of time. I think T-Mobile has a restriction like this on their prepaid SIMs. I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon has a limit on how many of these you can buy. Why don't you try and see how many you can get before you get cut off?

  Cut off? What do you mean? See how many I can buy using the same CC & home address?

rated:
Yes.

rated:
I used 190gb last month on my Verizon Unlimited Data.

rated:
so, this could be used on one of the cheap pre-paid phones I have....which will lock my post-paid account...until the ransom is paid.

rated:
Discount does not work with existing customers.  Existing customers need to check out as a guest.

So, if I have two pre-paid phones..recent purchased LG Zone 3 from WalMart.  I should be able to unlock them both with the one activated pre-paid sim..  

According to this..which I found on SD..it might be possible to activate multiple phones with the same prepaid sim card.

Verizon Postpaid Usage?
As of January 17th, in order to use Verizon Prepaid devices on postpaid, you must activate it on prepaid and pay the first month's payment ($30). If you swap in your postpaid SIM prior to making a payment, your postpaid account will become HOTLINED, which disables your phone service until you contact customer service to remove it (putting your postpaid SIM back in its original phone will not remove hotlining).
If you know someone who has Verizon Prepaid service, you can avoid the first month payment fee by swapping in their prepaid SIM into this phone for a bit, maybe make a test call/text, and then swap your SIM in.
 

rated:
johnpg said:   I used 190gb last month on my Verizon Unlimited Data.
  The phrase "Get a life" comes to mind.  Just kidding, that's outrageous (at least to me), but I hear they're going to throttle unlimited users in the near future.

rated:
johnpg said:   I used 190gb last month on my Verizon Unlimited Data.
  You won't be doing it much longer. They announced last month that they are doing away with the grandfathered unlimited plans.

rated:
chubbypops said:   
johnpg said:   I used 190gb last month on my Verizon Unlimited Data.
  You won't be doing it much longer. They announced last month that they are doing away with the grandfathered unlimited plans.

  Then when you want a new phone, it's all gone.

rated:
chubbypops said:   
johnpg said:   I used 190gb last month on my Verizon Unlimited Data.
  You won't be doing it much longer. They announced last month that they are doing away with the grandfathered unlimited plans.

  even on old phones?

rated:
needhelpplease said:   
chubbypops said:   
johnpg said:   I used 190gb last month on my Verizon Unlimited Data.
  You won't be doing it much longer. They announced last month that they are doing away with the grandfathered unlimited plans.

  even on old phones?

  Yes.

rated:
Still available. Don't know why this has been marked as expired.

rated:
Not for long

rated:
I activated a prepaid hotspot for a trip. It had not expired so I tossed the SIM in a LG Zone 3. Some hacking of the SIM card(literal hacking to make it fit LOL)and I inserted it. The phone has 3g and 4g data. No voice or text. Anyone know if I can unlock it somehow with the SIM? 

I might grab one of these starters if that is what I need.

rated:
giqcass said:   I activated a prepaid hotspot for a trip. It had not expired so I tossed the SIM in a LG Zone 3. Some hacking of the SIM card(literal hacking to make it fit LOL)and I inserted it. The phone has 3g and 4g data. No voice or text. Anyone know if I can unlock it somehow with the SIM? 

I might grab one of these starters if that is what I need.

Are you looking to unlock voice/data for the SIM or SIM-unlock the phone? If the former, the hotspot SIM most likely was provisioned for data only and hence would only allow data no matter what device it is used in.

rated:
nice deal! but I don't use Verizon.

rated:
johnpg said:   I used 190gb last month on my Verizon Unlimited Data.
  Have you gotten the letter yet?

rated:
chubbypops said:   
johnpg said:   I used 190gb last month on my Verizon Unlimited Data.
  You won't be doing it much longer. They announced last month that they are doing away with the grandfathered unlimited plans.

  Only for people using more than 100GB/month.  So, for johnpg, yes.  For the vast majority of people on the unlimited plans, no. 

rated:
amhidogha said:   
giqcass said:   I activated a prepaid hotspot for a trip. It had not expired so I tossed the SIM in a LG Zone 3. Some hacking of the SIM card(literal hacking to make it fit LOL)and I inserted it. The phone has 3g and 4g data. No voice or text. Anyone know if I can unlock it somehow with the SIM? 

I might grab one of these starters if that is what I need.

Are you looking to unlock voice/data for the SIM or SIM-unlock the phone? If the former, the hotspot SIM most likely was provisioned for data only and hence would only allow data no matter what device it is used in.
 

  I was looking to SIM-unlock the phone I'm not trying to get voice service on the SIM.  The SIM only does data and I know that.  I tested voice and text just to see.  It does not appear to unlock the phone unless there is some step I must do.

rated:
chubbypops said:   
needhelpplease said:   
chubbypops said:   
johnpg said:   I used 190gb last month on my Verizon Unlimited Data.
  You won't be doing it much longer. They announced last month that they are doing away with the grandfathered unlimited plans.

  even on old phones?

  Yes.

  Looks like I'll have to lock in a contract through the Best Buy loophole then. That'll give me at least 2 years.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016