• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I was instantly approved.

200 points for each gold, 100 for each silver, 50 for each bronze

Annual Fee: $0 for 12 months, $49 after

flexperks.com/visapromo 

PLUS! All Bonus FlexPoints you earn are in addition to the 20,000 Enrollment Bonus FlexPoints you’ll get when you spend $2,000 within the first four months of account opening.

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: FINANCE, TRAVEL DISCUSSION, HOT DEALS. — Jan. 22, 2017 @ 12:00am
Member Summary

Rio Olympics (38.33kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
has anyone tried redeeming their points for airline gift cards like american airlines and if it works

RagingBull (Nov. 15, 2016 @ 3:04p) |

is it possible you have this card mixed up with the barclay arrival + card?   The US Bank Flexperks do not give you a cr... (more)

bassmanben (Nov. 15, 2016 @ 10:10p) |

I e-mailed them November 1st and got this:

The bonus FlexPoints based on the number of medals that Team USA won at the 20... (more)

Lannister (Nov. 16, 2016 @ 1:11a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Pts worth $.01?

rated:
needhelpplease said:   Pts worth $.01?
  Up to 2 if used for travel, but realistically 1.5-1.7 for travel.

rated:
bc3000 said:   

http://www.flexperks.com/credit/teamsite/images/rewards_content2...

rated:
dukerau said:   
bc3000 said:   

The chart is a little misleading 20,000 for up to $400 ticket if you ticket is $300 it will cost you 20,000 pts, hence the up to 2 pt I referenced.

rated:
Not bad at all.  20,000 points + 12,500 points for Olympics (estimated) + 2,000 direct points earned  = 34,500 points for $2,000 in spend 

Worth at least $350 and probably closer to $450.  Worth a hard pull, thanks OP.

rated:
bc3000 said:   
dukerau said:   
bc3000 said:   

The chart is a little misleading 20,000 for up to $400 ticket if you ticket is $300 it will cost you 20,000 pts, hence the up to 2 pt I referenced.

I agree with your original statement, I was just providing the full detail of what the points are worth.  I don't see how it's misleading...it says 20k points for up to $400 ticket, so yes, a $300 ticket costs 20k points.  Theoretical max point value is 2 cents, but as you say, that is virtually impossible to achieve.

rated:
Where on the Olympic promo app is the field to enter a referral's Flexperks number located?

rated:
Any green card holders (permanent residents) in the US have success getting this, or any other, US Bank credit card?

rated:
The Amex version of this card gives 30,000 points for the same spending.  Anyone have luck with applying for the Visa and Amex at the same time, or applying for one  while already holding the other?

rated:
lp244 said:   Any green card holders (permanent residents) in the US have success getting this, or any other, US Bank credit card?
  Yes, instant approval on this one.

rated:
Looks like 14800 Olympic points

rated:
How long does us bank typically take to post bonus after you meet the spend requirement?

rated:
neophyte said:   Looks like 14800 Olympic points
Yup..... 9200 (gold) + 3700 (silver) + 1900 (bronze) = 14,800 bonus points.

In 2012, the bonus from the London games was only 13,550 points - even though team USA won the exact same number of gold medals (46).

Just a friendly reminder to those who think they missed out... even though the Olympics are over, you still have until September 3rd to get in on this promo.

rated:
neophyte said:   Looks like 14800 Olympic points
  Which, if going the cash option = $148 + 200 = $348 bonus after spend OR a $600 plane ticket.  Not bad.

rated:
^^^^ not clear from your one-liner: BOTH "$348" or "$600 travel" require $2,000 spend?

rated:
SinglePapa said:   ^^^^ not clear from your one-liner: BOTH "$348" or "$600 travel" require $2,000 spend?
  not clear how you don't get this.
2,000 spend is required to get signup bonus

signup bonus is worth $348 cash or up to $600 travel.
Read the 2nd post in this thread for more explanation.

rated:
How do these rewards work in regards to booking Hotels? Do you use their own search site and have to pick from the hotels available or is it a statement credit?

I found a "rewards chart" saying 30,000 points would be worth $450 in hotels...so, for example, I'm looking at Hyatt's website and am getting rates of $191 per night for the Bellagio in Vegas. So could I assume I could get 2 nights there with these rewards? Or would their own search engine show a different pricing structure? Interested in this card with the reward bonus but not in need of airfare at the moment, but wondering how to get the best deal out of this on a nice hotel in Vegas. Thanks

rated:
annual fee is reasonable.

rated:
Geokuk77 said:   How do these rewards work in regards to booking Hotels? Do you use their own search site and have to pick from the hotels available or is it a statement credit?

I found a "rewards chart" saying 30,000 points would be worth $450 in hotels...so, for example, I'm looking at Hyatt's website and am getting rates of $191 per night for the Bellagio in Vegas. So could I assume I could get 2 nights there with these rewards? Or would their own search engine show a different pricing structure? Interested in this card with the reward bonus but not in need of airfare at the moment, but wondering how to get the best deal out of this on a nice hotel in Vegas. Thanks

I don't know how the prices compare, but the hotels are a tiered structure just like the airfare. Up to $300/night is 20,000 which means two nights at $191/night would take 40,000 points.

rated:
When I did this during the '14 winter olympics, when I product changed this card to Cash Plus, the unused points did in fact convert to cashback for the Cash+.

rated:
Did anyone receive their olympics points yet? How long sis it take in earlier years?

rated:
giselmey said:   Did anyone receive their olympics points yet? How long sis it take in earlier years?
  My third statement just closed. I received the 20,000 bonus point for 2k spend last statement but still no olympic points yet. anyone else?

rated:
radiation said:   
giselmey said:   Did anyone receive their olympics points yet? How long sis it take in earlier years?
  My third statement just closed. I received the 20,000 bonus point for 2k spend last statement but still no olympic points yet. anyone else?

On FT, reports are that the points show up 4 days after the second statement after you hit your spending requirement.  Simple   

rated:
radiation said:   

Same here until last week. Spending requirement hit with first statement, bonus points just posted 11/8. But they are here now!

rated:
has anyone tried redeeming their points for airline gift cards like american airlines and if it works

rated:
RagingBull said:   has anyone tried redeeming their points for airline gift cards like american airlines and if it works
 is it possible you have this card mixed up with the barclay arrival + card?   The US Bank Flexperks do not give you a credit for travel purchases.  their .015- .02 redemption value is for travel purchases made through their travel portal, but set at certain limits. otherwise its a 1c back card through cash back or statement credits.

rated:
I e-mailed them November 1st and got this:

The bonus FlexPoints based on the number of medals that Team USA won at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio will be awarded to your account six to eight weeks after 9/30/2016.

Medals won by Team USA and FlexPoints earned:
·        46 Gold = 9,200
·        37 Silver = 3,700
·        38 Bronze = 1,900
Total bonus FlexPoints from medal count = 14,800

Please contact us again if we can be of further assistance.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017