These kits have been continuously on sale for 99 cents since at least last October. Nothing special here.

rayden said:   These kits have been continuously on sale for 99 cents since at least last October. Nothing special here.
  At least two years that I know of, GSM and CDMA. Thanks, Lena. Keep them coming.

Your local store will PM their dot com price

rayden said:   These kits have been continuously on sale for 99 cents since at least last October. Nothing special here.
  Nothing special?  I beg to differ on
that

yesidonoitall said:   Your local store will PM their dot com price
  They don't stock these in stores. All they have are the full kits with the airtime cards for $60. Essentially that way you are paying $15 for a SIM. But the kit has a CDMA code and SIM, a GSM ATT compatible dual cut SIM and an ATT nano, and a dual cut T-Mo compatible with a T-Mo nano. With the full kit you have enough SIMs and codes to do five phones, but only airtime for one. The best way to get these is ship to store so you don't have to pay shipping. They will only let you buy two at a time and only two a year. I have literally probably bought a hundred of them in the last two or so years, and have never paid over 99 cents for them. I get around the limit by using a different email and paying with gift cards. It will let you order more than two a year, but your order will be immediately cancelled.

chubbypops said:   
yesidonoitall said:   Your local store will PM their dot com price
  They don't stock these in stores. All they have are the full kits with the airtime cards for $60. Essentially that way you are paying $15 for a SIM. But the kit has a CDMA code and SIM, a GSM ATT compatible dual cut SIM and an ATT nano, and a dual cut T-Mo compatible with a T-Mo nano. With the full kit you have enough SIMs and codes to do five phones, but only airtime for one. The best way to get these is ship to store so you don't have to pay shipping. They will only let you buy two at a time and only two a year. I have literally probably bought a hundred of them in the last two or so years, and have never paid over 99 cents for them. I get around the limit by using a different email and paying with gift cards. It will let you order more than two a year, but your order will be immediately cancelled.

I see, when I ordered I saw store pick up for free and did not read the details...  OK, 
will get next week

I have purchased a total of 18 of these in the last year using the same WalMart account and credit card. I always choose store pickup and they arrive in about 5 days. No orders were ever cancelled.

I have a newer phone that is unlocked and works on all 4 major carriers, so I was trying to find a carrier with the best coverage in my area - with Straight Talk all you can choose a sim from any carrier and just pop it into your phone.

Extra Tip: When you buy Straight Talk airtime cards from StraightTalk.com they will charge you taxes and fees. Same if you buy them from WalMart.com However, if you buy on WalMart.com and choose email delivery of your airtime pin number, you can specify a shipping address in OR or DE (no taxes) and save a bunch of money - I save $15 on a 6 month card.

Is the CDMA SIM compatible with Sprint MVNOs like Ring+?
Still looking for a cheap alternative for my Moto G4, Ring+ wants $15 for a SIM card.

rayden said:   I have purchased a total of 18 of these in the last year using the same WalMart account and credit card. I always choose store pickup and they arrive in about 5 days. No orders were ever cancelled.

I have a newer phone that is unlocked and works on all 4 major carriers, so I was trying to find a carrier with the best coverage in my area - with Straight Talk all you can choose a sim from any carrier and just pop it into your phone.

Extra Tip: When you buy Straight Talk airtime cards from StraightTalk. com they will charge you taxes and fees. Same if you buy them from WalMart. com However, if you buy on WalMart. com and choose email delivery of your airtime pin number, you can specify a shipping address in OR or DE (no taxes) and save a bunch of money - I save $15 on a 6 month card.

You've been lucky and are flying under the radar of security. The first time I was cancelled, (second order), I called CS and the rep couldn't explain why. She told me to place the order again. I did and it was cancelled. When I called back, the rep i got told me the order was flagged by security and explained the policy to me. I hope it keeps working for you because it's a pain in the butt to keep track of the different emails. I buy them and give them away with phones I sell to help sell them since many people in my area use their service for the 5 GB data.I can sell the phones faster and usually get around an extra $10 out of them.

JSquare293 said:   Is the CDMA SIM compatible with Sprint MVNOs like Ring+?
Still looking for a cheap alternative for my Moto G4, Ring+ wants $15 for a SIM card.

No, they use VZW.

JSquare293 said:   Is the CDMA SIM compatible with Sprint MVNOs like Ring+?

No, go to Best Buy and get a Sprint SIMGLW446C. Go to the wireless counter where they do the activations. They're only around $3-$5.If no luck there, try a Sprint store. They will probably give you one.

can you use these for a tablet plan?

bigittyben said:   can you use these for a tablet plan?
  It might work, but I don't think it complies with their TOS.

"might"??

bigittyben said:   "might"??
  These are phone SIMs. I have seen phone SIMs work in tablets before, but they are not provisioned the same. The way ST does things, they will terminate your service for tethering with a phone on their service. I would think they would look at this the same way. So yes, they "might". That means exactly the same thing as "might not". Buy one and see.

rayden said:   I have purchased a total of 18 of these in the last year using the same WalMart account and credit card. I always choose store pickup and they arrive in about 5 days. No orders were ever cancelled.

I have a newer phone that is unlocked and works on all 4 major carriers, so I was trying to find a carrier with the best coverage in my area - with Straight Talk all you can choose a sim from any carrier and just pop it into your phone.

Extra Tip: When you buy Straight Talk airtime cards from StraightTalk. com they will charge you taxes and fees. Same if you buy them from WalMart. com However, if you buy on WalMart. com and choose email delivery of your airtime pin number, you can specify a shipping address in OR or DE (no taxes) and save a bunch of money - I save $15 on a 6 month card.

Oregon now charges a fee on prepaid refills. I am pretty sure it is $.75  for any amount.

Im using Straight Talk on ATT on an unlocked LG G2. If I get a new unlocked ATT phone can I use the same SIM or do I have to buy a new kit?

matrix5k said:   Im using Straight Talk on ATT on an unlocked LG G2. If I get a new unlocked ATT phone can I use the same SIM or do I have to buy a new kit?
  You can use the same SIM as long as it is the same size. Just put it in and you will be running.  Actually the ATT phone doesn't have to be unlocked either. If you are buying a GoPhone and can easily unlock it or it is already unlocked, you are that much better off.

Is that tax break on all wireless refills? Do you just have to give a zipcode? Thanks.

chubbypops said:   

Is that tax break on all wireless refills? Do you just have to give a zipcode? Thanks.

Odds are this will earn me a lot of red, but the truth of the matter is what was suggested is not a "tax break" nor is it what is more properly known as "tax avoidance" -a legal method of avoiding taxes.  Pure and simply it is tax cheating-an illegal method of escaping taxes.  Albeit probably something so small you won't ever get caught for, but still illegal.  

If you really want your state not to impose sales tax get politically involved and push for alternatives to sales tax.  But do remember that states do have necessary expenses and must raise money somehow.  New Hampshire, for example has no sales or income tax-but their property taxes are insanely high IMO.  

Remember that ultimately  tax fraud imposes an increased cost on the rest of us.

/end soapbox

You are correct.  I do recall seeing a 75 cent "service" fee when placing the order.  I thought it was some sort of a WalMart fee.  Still better than $15 in taxes

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017