It seems like shipping is being added when I add the lens. Any thoughts?

oharag1 said:   It seems like shipping is being added when I add the lens. Any thoughts?
  Oh drat FS is at $99+ Ill update my post

What does "refurbished" mean for Canon? Does it look used or new?

Great, I found it for a long time !

eaucraigs said:   What does "refurbished" mean for Canon? Does it look used or new?
  Described on Canon refurb page. In many cases they were never really used by end users yet. I bought a few lenses and bodies there. All look and use like new. They arrive in white boxes labeled "refurbished" instead of regular retail packages. 

garycook said:   
eaucraigs said:   What does "refurbished" mean for Canon? Does it look used or new?
  Described on Canon refurb page. In many cases they were never really used by end users yet. I bought a few lenses and bodies there. All look and use like new. They arrive in white boxes labeled "refurbished" instead of regular retail packages. 

Thank you for the reply.  I'm only concerned about the condition of the camera.  The box is of no importance.  I read the Canon refurb page and that's why I asked. Their description is extremely vague. They say "each refurbished product meets operational specifications and strict cosmetic standards that we have established." But they don't specify those standards so it's pretty meaningless.  They don't state whether the stuff will have scratches and wear from use.  They just say that it meets their standards for refurbs.... whatever those standards are...  

Considering that it could be used, the lens in the title is barely discounted.  If you happen to get a new one it could be an okay deal.  It's about $35 off regular retail for new ($125 on Amazon and can be found new in box for cheaper on eBay ).  I may give it a shot.

Free shipping at $100 and more. I have this $99.99 lens in the cart and they charge $11.98 for shipping. No thanks I'll wait.

Bought the EF 40mm f/2.8 pancake lens for $99.99. Although free shipping doesn't start until $100, I did an online chat with a customer service rep and she gave me a code for free shipping. Canon rocks! I've bought 4 refurbished lenses from Canon and they all seemed like new.

millerdca said:   Bought the EF 40mm f/2.8 pancake lens for $99.99. Although free shipping doesn't start until $100, I did an online chat with a customer service rep and she gave me a code for free shipping. Canon rocks! I've bought 4 refurbished lenses from Canon and they all seemed like new.
   Can you share the code for FS? Their Chat queue is full, so I cannot even start chat and request the code.  

eaucraigs - I bought the refurb T5 Camera with two lenses - body and lenses looked absolutely brand new - not a single mark on them.  Then I bought a refurbished 50mm lens as well.  It also looked brand new as well.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017