posted 48 years ago by
Special-K
Shopaholic Member

This laptop looks legit to me with a Touchscreen, Backlit Keyboard, Intel Core i7 Latest Gen.

http://www.costco.com/.product.100301029.html?&EMID=B2C_2016_080...

Views
10 Comments
Add Comment
Is there a reason why the original price is so high for a laptop without SSD or discrete graphics memory?

laptop2009 said:   Is there a reason why the original price is so high for a laptop without SSD or discrete graphics memory?
  because superior processor?

All companies boost up their retail prices, even though most people rarely buy it at that price. For example, last week Best Buy had a 128GB flash drive regular price $99.99 on sale for $24.99. No one is going to pay $100 for a 128gb flash drive, but when they say that is the retail price and then put it on sale for $75 off it makes people think they are getting a great deal. Same reason why Bloomingdale's has a coat for $1000 and has it on sale for $250, they make some idiots think they are saving $750.

My question was primarily because Sam's Club is selling a similar Dell laptop for original price of $749,

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/dell-15-6-touch-nb-intel-core-i7-65...

It has 4GB less RAM than the HP at Costco but a 4GB discrete graphics card,
Dell Inspiron 15.6" Touchscreen Laptop I5559-6680SL, Intel Core i7-6500U Processor, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive, 4GB AMD Radeon R5 M335 4DDR3 Graphics, Windows 10.

When will people learn? SSD > i7

I don't understand why company still put rotation hard drive in laptop nowadays. I think 500gb ssd oem price should less than $100 now.

Clocks said:   When will people learn? SSD > i7
  When will people learn? Easy to add SSD any time, not possible to upgrade laptop processor.

jonesjeremya said:   
Clocks said:   When will people learn? SSD > i7
  When will people learn? Easy to add SSD any time, not possible to upgrade laptop processor.

Sure, but you know 90% of the people that will buy this will never upgrade it to ssd.  They see "i7" and think they are getting the fastest experience, when a i3/i5 with ssd will be much faster in most day to day tasks.

Screen resolution is only 1366 x 768. At this price, I would expect 1080p.

1366x768 is all I've seen for 15.6" screens.... 1600x900 and 1920x1080 is on 17.3" I recently bought a Dell 17-7778 for 900, same RAM and HD, 17.3 1920x1080
touchscreen, 2gig discrete video, 2-in-1 format. It didn't last a month, but was a very nice machine while it lasted. Replaced it a Newegg refurb Asus ROG G751JL,
same screen and video card,but quad core I7 and max of 32G RAM.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017