Views
58 Comments
Add Comment
MISTERCHEAP said:   

• Add $50 of Jeans. I added 4 pairs of $14.99 Jeans
  • Earned $85 in points
  • Clip coupon $5 off $25 Apparel
  • Total = $54.96 Get back $85 back in SYWR points

Did you have an offer for the additional SYWR points?  I can only see the number of points I am spending being credited back.

Do the points roll?

I ordered a pair of $22 Signature by Levi jeans and got back $35.22 in points, shipped for free.  The funny thing is they were in my cart from the other day when the $15 back on $15 was going on, but I never pulled the trigger.  There also are $17.99 jeans which qualify for $25 back, but they are not available for shipping or in store pickup for me.  What's even funnier is I had some points expiring last week and on that day I spent all $9.99 of them on a pair of their Basic Editions jeans, free out the door, no sales tax.

$65 in jeans is giving me $150 in points.

I'm seeing the following offers apply. I'm not sure if some are YMMV or not.

QB--Members get $10 back in points (10,000 points) for every $10 spent on men's clearance at Kmart. Points issued next day, expire 14 days from receipt. Max 100,000 points per member

QB--Members get $10 (10,000) back in points when you spend $35 or more on Back to School items at Kmart 7/24 - 9/10. Pts to be awarded in 1 day and expire in 14 days.

QB--Members get $15 back in points (15,000 points) when you spend $15 on Men's Denim at Kmart. Points issued next day, expire 14 days from receipt. Max 50,000 points per member.

QB--Members get $10 back in points (10,000 pts) on qualifying purchase of $30 more at Sears or Kmart. (Online only). Bonus pts earned on this offer expire 90 Days from dte of receipt. Max 1 per mbr.

QB--SYWMAX Members get $20 back in points (20,000 points) when you spend $50 or more on qualifying Kmart Apparel ONLINE. Points to award the next day, and expire in 14 days. Max 20,000 pts per member.

I did not use the $5 off coupon. That was a net loss since it dropped me to $135 points.

I bought :
2 pairs of Wrangler Men's Regular Fit Jeans
http://www.kmart.com/wrangler-men-s-regular-fit-jeans/p-046VA563...
1 pair of Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. Men's Slim Straight Jeans
http://www.kmart.com/signature-by-levi-strauss-co-men-s-slim-str...

Must be going fast.  "Shipping not available" "No store pickup within 50 miles" for my size & color Wrangler or Signature.

Ordered 4 Wranglers for $79.96 + tax
http://www.kmart.com/wrangler-men-s-regular-fit-jeans/p-046VA563...
Checkout screen and confirmation email promise: "You earned $183.80 in points(183800 points) on this order".
Hmmm...I wonder.

got 151.xx in points for a 56 dollar purchase. One of the SYWR points offers required a footwear purchase along with clothes, so i added a pair of 2 dollar flip flips, and it worked. Thanks, OP

Note that some of the people are getting bigger discounts due to the 20 off 50 SYW MAX discount. It took me a while to figure that out. You have to sign up for MAX to get that discount, but there is a 90 day trial.

I was able to get 95.47 back from a 21.99 Levi and 24.99 Levi without MAX.

The new business model for Kmart/Sears: "We'll sell our products for a loss and we'll make it up on volume."

Random thought: It would be helpful if every sywr deal mentioned whether points were rolling or not. Not necessarily by OP, but by anybody as soon as they find out. Takes the angst away.

For the jeans, anything over $50 may be paid with points without sacrificing much. The first up to $50 need to be OOP.

Get 15% off select items up to $49.99 or 20% off purchases $50 or more. Use code:BTSSTYLE

Ordered 4 Wranglers for $79.96 + tax
Checkout screen and confirmation email promised: "You earned $183.80 in points(183800 points) on this order".
Unreal...they added 184,800 points with 140,000 expiring August 21.

I got my points already and when I logged on they have a note I was awarded $10 in bonus points that expire Aug 13.

i order two jeans for $34.xx and got back $60 in points.

Is this dead? It showed the bonus points for me yesterday. I went to checkout today, and no $15 bonus points for denim. I even emptied my cart, and tried again, no luck.

ratdog49640 said:   Is this dead? It showed the bonus points for me yesterday. I went to checkout today, and no $15 bonus points for denim. I even emptied my cart, and tried again, no luck.

I still see it.    THe offer for $15 back on jeans is : 

"Plus, Members get $15 back in points with $15 purchase of Men's Denim Sold by Kmart hide details 
Expires on 09/10/2016
Points are awarded the next day and expire in 14 days. CAP of 50,000 points per member. INSTORE and ONLINE. Offer Valid for Shop Your Way members only. Must be a Shop Your Way member logged in at Kmart.com to receive this special offer. By accepting Shop Your Way member benefits and offers, you agree to the Shop Your Way terms and conditions, available at www.shopyourway.com/terms."

Note you do have to be a SYW member.

jws1 said:   Note that some of the people are getting bigger discounts due to the 20 off 50 SYW MAX discount. It took me a while to figure that out. You have to sign up for MAX to get that discount, but there is a 90 day trial.

You can only get the 90 day free trial of MAX once. If you had the trial before you cannot get it again on the same SYW account.

What happens when you are done with the trial?

MrVietnam said:   
jws1 said:   Note that some of the people are getting bigger discounts due to the 20 off 50 SYW MAX discount. It took me a while to figure that out. You have to sign up for MAX to get that discount, but there is a 90 day trial.

You can only get the 90 day free trial of MAX once. If you had the trial before you cannot get it again on the same SYW account.

I've done it twice on the same account and now they keep extending it every 90 days.
Free for almost a year now.

begunn said:   
MrVietnam said:   

I've done it twice on the same account and now they keep extending it every 90 days.
Free for almost a year now.

Green for you!  Thanks for the tip. I had a 90 day free Max trial a couple years ago and they extended it for a while, but when I went back to try to sign up for another trial it wouldn't let me saying I already had a free trial, but that was then, this is now. After reading your post I went back and tried again and it let me sign up for a second 90 day free trial through November 7, 2016. I hope they extend it for at least one month after expiration, so I can be a member of Max during Black Friday.

I am unable to replicate some of these huuuge $100 MM you guys are getting, even when I add to my cart exactly what you guys bought to get that huge MM.. The best MM I could get (even with a MAX membership) is along the lines the OP got -- about a $30 MM after tax. My three pairs of jeans after tax come to $58.29 and I will get back $88.54 in points. You have to be vigilant about the points you get from this offer. Some expire in 14 days, others in 30 days, and still others in 90 days. I did not add the coupon as the OP mentioned because by doing so it actually dropped my MM from $30 to about $10. Go figure.

By the way, you can go here to get your free 90 day trial of Shop Your Way Max: http://www.kmart.com/en_us/dap/shop-your-way-max.html 

By adding a $2 pair of Joe Boxer flip flops to my 3 pairs of jeans order, it increased my MM from $30 after tax to $38 after tax.

serenity22 said:   What happens when you are done with the trial?
 Serenity, what will happen after your free trial ends is they ill probably extend it for a while for free and then there will come a time when they will just cancel it and it will be over. You don't have to use a credit card for the free trial, so you don't have to worry about them charging your credit card.

I realize I will lose the free shipping.
I'm not sure, but I think I will not lose my points.
Will I then not be able to get "bonus" points?

The offer applies to boy's jeans?

echecoparcarter said:   The offer applies to boy's jeans?
  The offer does not apply to any jeans anymore.

serenity22 said:   

Just put 4 pair in my cart, $99.96 with $100 back in points.

That's strange. Not happening on my accounts.

Well, I kind of got screwed on a couple of levels. First of all when I check my point balance it shows that I have exactly 75,000 points less than I should have in my Shop Your Way account. I know that for two reasons. First, I keep careful running records of my point balance and expiration dates. Second, and luckily for me, I kept a recent receipt from 9 days ago showing on it that I have 75,000 more points than my Shop Your Way balance shows now. I called SYW customer service and the rep said that even though the last transaction (jeans) is showing in the history of my SYW account and it looks like the running balance is correct (addition and subtraction for my purchases is correct), the balance will automatically adjust to the correct amount of points within 24 hours since I placed my order.

I also lost out on the $10 extra in SYW points for buying shoes ($2 flip flops) with my jeans. I got an e-mail from my local K-Mart saying that the flip flops were out of stock (even though they showed as in stock when I placed my order). I told that to the customer service rep too but he was unwilling to do anything for me. I thought they would credit me the $10 in points that I would have received from the flip flop purchase because it was their screw up not mine, but no offer was made.

I asked to talk to a supervisor to discuss the two issues, but he said he was in a meeting and not available and that his supervisor would call me back tomorrow morning to follow-up.

I remember reading on some K-Mart or Shop Your Way thread relatively recently that disappearing points was an issue some people have had. Am I doing the right thing to reinstate the points? $75 in points is a lot to lose. This is the first time I have had banked points just vanish. I am so lucky I kept my recent receipts or I would have had no proof,

Thanks Kaymart, now I get a nice new mattress for $60.

ordered 4 pairs, got a shipping confirmation notice 17 minutes later for 2 out of the 4 on the free slow shipping.

MrVietnam said:   Well, I kind of got screwed on a couple of levels. First of all when I check my point balance it shows that I have exactly 75,000 points less than I should have in my Shop Your Way account. I know that for two reasons. First, I keep careful running records of my point balance and expiration dates. Second, and luckily for me, I kept a recent receipt from 9 days ago showing on it that I have 75,000 more points than my Shop Your Way balance shows now. I called SYW customer service and the rep said that even though the last transaction (jeans) is showing in the history of my SYW account and it looks like the running balance is correct (addition and subtraction for my purchases is correct), the balance will automatically adjust to the correct amount of points within 24 hours since I placed my order.

I also lost out on the $10 extra in SYW points for buying shoes ($2 flip flops) with my jeans. I got an e-mail from my local K-Mart saying that the flip flops were out of stock (even though they showed as in stock when I placed my order). I told that to the customer service rep too but he was unwilling to do anything for me. I thought they would credit me the $10 in points that I would have received from the flip flop purchase because it was their screw up not mine, but no offer was made.

I asked to talk to a supervisor to discuss the two issues, but he said he was in a meeting and not available and that his supervisor would call me back tomorrow morning to follow-up.

I remember reading on some K-Mart or Shop Your Way thread relatively recently that disappearing points was an issue some people have had. Am I doing the right thing to reinstate the points? $75 in points is a lot to lose. This is the first time I have had banked points just vanish. I am so lucky I kept my recent receipts or I would have had no proof,

Can't help you with the $75 points issue, but maybe with the flip flops.  My store called me and told me they didn't have the size I ordered.  I told them that I had points invested, etc and if they would substitute ANY size and they did, so I was ok there. 

CouponClippen said:   
serenity22 said:   

The earlier deals were giving much more than a $3 profit.  The $15 back shows as a current offer, but does not show when you add the jeans to your cart.  They're decided that many jeans are on "clearance" and they're just doing the $10 back on clearance deal. 

sportsfan64 said:   
  said:  
Can't help you with the $75 points issue, but maybe with the flip flops.  My store called me and told me they didn't have the size I ordered.  I told them that I had points invested, etc and if they would substitute ANY size and they did, so I was ok there. 

Thanks for the advice. I called as you suggested but the cheapest men's flip flop the store carries is for $9.99. They don't have any of the $2 Joe Boxer flip flops anymore, regardless of color or size. So I guess you cannot necessarily trust the online system even if it says something is in stock at a certain store. Kind of makes ordering online a crap shoot.

sportsfan64 said:   
CouponClippen said:   
serenity22 said:   

The earlier deals were giving much more than a $3 profit.  The $15 back shows as a current offer, but does not show when you add the jeans to your cart.  They're decided that many jeans are on "clearance" and they're just doing the $10 back on clearance deal. 

Someone said it was not. Profits were based on varying coupons that not everyone had.

The only thing I could get to work was I purchased 6 pairs of jeans for $89, used the $10 off $75 coupon and somehow got back 60,798 in points. So not a moneymaker but my husband needed jeans for work anyways and now I have $60 to spend on something else he needs for work. Wish I could have gotten the awesome deal others got but this will do. Thanks OP!

Sears $25 SYWR offer
Disclaimer
Trying to figure out and/or duplicate what others have done with SYWR deals is maddening. I couldn't re-create any of the similar high $ deals to what many others posted here either.

Check your offers/email, I got an email today from Searz for 100% back in points ($25 max) today on all clothing.

I contacted a sympathetic SYW customer service rep. I told her my story about it showing the flip flops were in stock only to have them out of stock and I wasn't able to use the $10 in points coupon for buying shoes and jeans at the same time. She said flip flops are not considered shoes, but as a courtesy she awarded me the $10 in SYW points I lost from the flip flops part of my order being canceled and for K-Mart's inventory error. As for my missing 75,000 in points she said that some of my points were awarded now, but the lion's share won't be awarded until 24 hours after the purchase, so if I don't see the pints in my account by late tonight or early tomorrow morning for me to call back.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017