posted 48 years ago by
ctgolfer
Star of the Week

www.americanexpress.com 

Details
Get a one-time $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $300 or more on purchases made directly with any airline by 10/31/16. See terms and conditions for details and exclusions.

Offer valid only to eligible US Card Members for purchases made directly with passenger airlines. The following do not count as qualifying purchases and are excluded from the offer: (i) Charter flights and private jet flights; (ii) any flight purchased as part of a vacation package or though a third party (including agents for travel suppliers); (iii) Sky Mall purchases and (iv) Boingo wireless internet purchases. When you make a qualifying purchase in a foreign currency, the applicable statement credit will be credited in your local currency using the exchange rate at the date the statement credit is applied. Enrollment limited. Offer is non-transferable. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 10/31/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CCJX:0001 Offer valid only to eligible US Card Members for purchases made directly with passenger airlines. The following do not count as qualifying purchases and are excluded from the offer: (i) Charter flights and private jet flights; (ii) any flight purchased as part of a vacation package or though a third party (including agents for travel suppliers); (iii) Sky Mall purchases and (iv) Boingo wireless internet purchases. When you make a qualifying purchase in a foreign currency, the applicable statement credit will be credited in your local currency using the exchange rate at the date the statement credit is applied. Enrollment limited. Offer is non-transferable. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 10/31/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer.

Other Amex Offers:

Hilton Garden Inn - Spend $175, Get $35

Details
Get a 1X $35 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $175+ on room rate and room charges when you pay for your stay with Hilton Garden Inn® from 8/8/16-10/31/16. Book direct with Hilton Garden Inn. Advance purchase & other brands excluded.

Views
23 Comments
Add Comment
I have the AMEX Plat and haven't used the $200 airline spend reimbursement benefit yet. I signed up with Southwest as my preferred airline. I understand that a gift card might be reimburseable under that benefit (i.e. AMEX doesn't distinguish). If that's the case, does anyone know if I can get $300 in SWA Gift cards, use the $50 offer, and still get reimbursed for $200 of the remainder (net $50 for $300 in gift cards)?

May have asked too quickly, looks like I didn't get the offer. Still interested if anyone has gotten the $200 credit for buying SWA gift cards direct from SWA (and did you have to buy 2 $100s)?

thanks op. picked up a pair of tickets on jetblue for annual visit to in-laws for this upcoming xmas. already got the email from amex.

ctgolfer said:   Other Amex Offers:

Details
Get a 1X $35 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $175+ on room rate and room charges when you pay for your stay with Hilton Garden Inn® from 8/8/16-10/31/16. Book direct with Hilton Garden Inn. Advance purchase & other brands excluded.

"Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates"

Does anyone know how the exclusions re: Advance Purchase & Non-Refundable rates are enforced?  Thanks.

DeGlass said:   

Details

"Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates"

Does anyone know how the exclusions re: Advance Purchase & Non-Refundable rates are enforced?  Thanks.

I assume the Advance Purchase is coded to Hilton Corporate... as far as non-refundable, who knows.

I wonder if Airline gift cards would count?

View said:   I wonder if Airline gift cards would count?
Looking at T&Cs no restrictions.  It just has to be directly purchase with airline.

Thanks for the heads up!

As usual, I never have ANY of the offers that people post here. Amex has very targeted promo's.

not sure what card you have, but for the Premiers Gold, it doesn't look like Gift card is allowed.

Consumer $100 Airline Fee Credit 
Benefit is available to Premier Rewards Gold Card Members only. To receive statement credits of up to $100 per calendar year toward incidental air travel fees, Card Member must select a qualifying airline athttp://www.americanexpress.com/selectafc. Only the Basic Card Member or Authorized Account Manager(s) on the Card Account can select the qualifying airline. Card Members who have not chosen a qualifying airline will be able to do so at any time. Card Members who have already selected a qualifying airline will be able to change their choice one time each year in January at http://www.americanexpress.com/selectafc or by calling the number on the back of the Card. Card Members who do not change their airline selection will remain with their current airline. Statement Credits: Incidental air travel fees must be charged to the Card Member on the eligible Card Account for the benefit to apply. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $100 per calendar year in statement credits across all Cards on the Account. Incidental air travel fees must be separate charges from airline ticket charges. Fees not charged by the Card Member's airline of choice (e.g. wireless internet and fees incurred with airline alliance partners) do not qualify for statement credits. Incidental air travel fees charged prior to selection of a qualifying airline are not eligible for statement credits. Airline tickets, upgrades, mileage points purchases, mileage points transfer fees, gift cards, duty free purchases, and award tickets are not deemed to be incidental fees. The airline must submit the charge under the appropriate merchant code, industry code, or required service or product identifier for the charge to be recognized as an incidental air travel fee. Please allow 2-4 weeks after the qualifying incidental air travel fee is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. We rely on airlines to submit the correct information on airline transactions, so please call the number on the back of the Card if statement credits have not posted after 4 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges. To be eligible for this benefit, Card Account(s) must be active and not in default at the time of statement credit fulfillment. If a charge for any incidental air travel fee is included in a Pay Over Time feature balance on your Card Account (for example, Sign & Travel), the statement credit associated with that charge may not be applied to that Pay Over Time feature balance. Instead, the statement credit may be applied to your Pay In Full balance. For additional information about this benefit, call the number on the back of your Card. 

OOrochiimaru said:   not sure what card you have, but for the Premiers Gold, it doesn't look like Gift card is allowed.

Benefit is available to Premier Rewards Gold Card Members only. To receive statement credits of up to $100 per calendar year toward incidental air travel fees, Card Member must select a qualifying airline athttp://www.americanexpress.com/selectafc. Only the Basic Card Member or Authorized Account Manager(s) on the Card Account can select the qualifying airline. Card Members who have not chosen a qualifying airline will be able to do so at any time. Card Members who have already selected a qualifying airline will be able to change their choice one time each year in January at http://www.americanexpress.com/selectafc or by calling the number on the back of the Card. Card Members who do not change their airline selection will remain with their current airline. Statement Credits: Incidental air travel fees must be charged to the Card Member on the eligible Card Account for the benefit to apply. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $100 per calendar year in statement credits across all Cards on the Account. Incidental air travel fees must be separate charges from airline ticket charges. Fees not charged by the Card Member's airline of choice (e.g. wireless internet and fees incurred with airline alliance partners) do not qualify for statement credits. Incidental air travel fees charged prior to selection of a qualifying airline are not eligible for statement credits. Airline tickets, upgrades, mileage points purchases, mileage points transfer fees, gift cards, duty free purchases, and award tickets are not deemed to be incidental fees. The airline must submit the charge under the appropriate merchant code, industry code, or required service or product identifier for the charge to be recognized as an incidental air travel fee. Please allow 2-4 weeks after the qualifying incidental air travel fee is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. We rely on airlines to submit the correct information on airline transactions, so please call the number on the back of the Card if statement credits have not posted after 4 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges. To be eligible for this benefit, Card Account(s) must be active and not in default at the time of statement credit fulfillment. If a charge for any incidental air travel fee is included in a Pay Over Time feature balance on your Card Account (for example, Sign & Travel), the statement credit associated with that charge may not be applied to that Pay Over Time feature balance. Instead, the statement credit may be applied to your Pay In Full balance. For additional information about this benefit, call the number on the back of your Card. 

This is not the same offer the OP posted.  This is a benefit from your Gold card and there are ways around it.  The $50 off $300 Amex Offer the OP posted does not seem to exclude gift cards.

OOrochiimaru said:   not sure what card you have, but for the Premiers Gold, it doesn't look like Gift card is allowed.

Benefit is available to Premier Rewards Gold Card Members only. To receive statement credits of up to $100 per calendar year toward incidental air travel fees, Card Member must select a qualifying airline athttp://www.americanexpress.com/selectafc. Only the Basic Card Member or Authorized Account Manager(s) on the Card Account can select the qualifying airline. Card Members who have not chosen a qualifying airline will be able to do so at any time. Card Members who have already selected a qualifying airline will be able to change their choice one time each year in January at http://www.americanexpress.com/selectafc or by calling the number on the back of the Card. Card Members who do not change their airline selection will remain with their current airline. Statement Credits: Incidental air travel fees must be charged to the Card Member on the eligible Card Account for the benefit to apply. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $100 per calendar year in statement credits across all Cards on the Account. Incidental air travel fees must be separate charges from airline ticket charges. Fees not charged by the Card Member's airline of choice (e.g. wireless internet and fees incurred with airline alliance partners) do not qualify for statement credits. Incidental air travel fees charged prior to selection of a qualifying airline are not eligible for statement credits. Airline tickets, upgrades, mileage points purchases, mileage points transfer fees, gift cards, duty free purchases, and award tickets are not deemed to be incidental fees. The airline must submit the charge under the appropriate merchant code, industry code, or required service or product identifier for the charge to be recognized as an incidental air travel fee. Please allow 2-4 weeks after the qualifying incidental air travel fee is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. We rely on airlines to submit the correct information on airline transactions, so please call the number on the back of the Card if statement credits have not posted after 4 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges. To be eligible for this benefit, Card Account(s) must be active and not in default at the time of statement credit fulfillment. If a charge for any incidental air travel fee is included in a Pay Over Time feature balance on your Card Account (for example, Sign & Travel), the statement credit associated with that charge may not be applied to that Pay Over Time feature balance. Instead, the statement credit may be applied to your Pay In Full balance. For additional information about this benefit, call the number on the back of your Card. 

This thread is NOT referring to what you posted.  Your T&C is the standard airline credit benefit for the PRG AMEX which is different than the AmexOffers of spend $300 get $50 back that this thread is in reference to.

Furthermore, despite the T&Cs on the $100 airline credit, certain airline gfit cards do trigger the credit (look at flyertalk forums)

How do I know if 'm eligible?

seawolf21 said:   
Looking at T&Cs no restrictions.  It just has to be directly purchase with airline.

I think this could work very well if GCs count. 300 off a $900 flight is very sweet. As to the airline credit thing, I had it on AMEX plat. Per T&C GCs are excluded but somehow it worked with my $50 and $100 GC purchases...that could be very YMMV.

Again - how do I know if I'm eligible for this? Thanks!

veritas91 said:   Again - how do I know if I'm eligible for this? Thanks!
  Log into your account and look at your offers.  You have to specifically select the offer to be eligible.

Thanks - unfortunately it doesnt show up in my list of offers. 

seawolf21 said:   

Has anyone tried getting American Airlines gift cards with this offer yet? 

Purchased an American Airlines e-gift card and the credit posted to my account four days later. It seems to take AA three days to process the gift card and make it available for access online.

Can confirm that I got the confirmation email with the purchase of a 300.00 Southwest Airlines Gift Card

stanolshefski said:   
DeGlass said:   

Details

I assume the Advance Purchase is coded to Hilton Corporate... as far as non-refundable, who knows.

Has  any brave soul tried Advance Purchases?
On my Citi Costco card, my Advance Purchase (non-refundable) bookings simply showed up as
"HILTON GARDEN INN (CITY) (STATE)"
Category = "LodgingHILTON GARDEN INN"

Don't know about Adv Purchase, but the 35/175 worked fine on my corporate rate booking.

Also got deal on my Hilton Amex thru Twitter sync; tweet "#AmexHGI" and wait for confirmation from @amexsync before using Amex card @HGI

Thank you OP. Got the $300 Southwest Airlines gift card with the $50 Am/Ex discount.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017