jpessin3 said: If it works with Southwest, it should work with other airlines too.
1) Some airlines don't even seem to sell GC's at their website.
2) You have to make sure the GC is actually sold by the airline and charged to AMEX by the airline and not a 3rd party like cashstar
3) the Southwest GC is an EGC, no fees to ship (another issue) and appears to be sold by them.
4) the only other reason it may not work is, typically "airline tickets" show the passenger name/date, etc on an Amex statement (probably for flight ins. purposes, since many cards offer it free). The GC's may come through as a different coded charge and not trigger the offer. That's why I put at your own risk. cause I can't confirm this.
Someone on sd contacted an Am Ex rep and the rep said buying a gift card should not be a problem. He went ahead and bought one yesterday, so we will see in the next few days if he gets the $50 credit or not. If ti works it would be 16.67% off a $300 gift card plus any loyalty points your Am Ex card offers. Since the gift cards never expire you could put them away until one day you needed to fly somewhere.
MrVietnam said: Someone on sd contacted an Am Ex rep and the rep said buying a gift card should not be a problem. He went ahead and bought one yesterday, so we will see in the next few days if he gets the $50 credit or not. If ti works it would be 16.67% off a $300 gift card plus any loyalty points your Am Ex card offers. Since the gift cards never expire you could put them away until one day you needed to fly somewhere.
Typically, the e-mails that you've used the offer hit pretty quickly. Please keep us posted Mr. V.
The other plus with a gift card is, you spend it down as you choose. Can use it on 2 x $150 fares at different times, versus the ticket option which must be $300+ at charge time.
Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.
Members of our community may attach files to a post in accordance with the User Agreement. FatWallet is not responsible for the content, accuracy, completeness or validity of any information contained in any attached file. Files have *not* been scanned for viruses. Be especially wary of Excel files which may contain malicious content.
Earn Cash Back while you shop - just 3 simple steps.
1. Sign Up so we know who to pay! (It's FREE.)
2. Shop through FatWallet for deals from your favorite stores. Your online purchases earn Cash Back that builds in your FatWallet account.
3. Get Paid by requesting a payment via check or PayPal.
FatWallet coupons help you save more when shopping online. Use our Coupons Search to browse coupons and offers from thousands of stores, gathered into one convenient location.
As part of our FatWallet Community, you can share deals with almost a million shoppers in our forums. Forum content is generated by consumers for consumers. Share deals, money-saving tips, and more. It's FREE, fun, and addicting.
Our customer experience team is here around the clock - real people ready to assist.