ctgolfer
Star of the Week

Posted with ToGo

Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor - U2412M + $125 G/C
$275.49
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=210-AGSS

GIFT CARD ADDED TO CART AUTOMATICALLY

Pros:
Nice normal color gamut monitor. If you get a wide color gamut monitor, movie colors look a bit odd and you need to compensate by creating color profiles (one of the cases where more is not better). This is perfect for video and photo editing in Adobe RGB colorspace. Also the 1920x1200 resolution gives you a better view of web pages or photos you are editing (compared to 1920x1080).
The display has excellent contrast and shows colors far superior and more accurate than any TN (cheap)
...(read more)
Pros:
Nice normal color gamut monitor. If you get a wide color gamut monitor, movie colors look a bit odd and you need to compensate by creating color profiles (one of the cases where more is not better). This is perfect for video and photo editing in Adobe RGB colorspace. Also the 1920x1200 resolution gives you a better view of web pages or photos you are editing (compared to 1920x1080).
The display has excellent contrast and shows colors far superior and more accurate than any TN (cheap) screen can, or any HD tvs you may have.
The stand is very versatile, and it is very easy to adjust height, swing left and right and tilt. Feels very high quality.
Very low input lag, and quick response. No noticeable lag or slow reaction that I could see while I played games or watched movies.
The screen has an amazing field of view, and colors are consistent whether you look directly in front or move to the sides of the screen. Great for watching Blue Ray movies!
Cons:
The monitor is so big, when I sit close to it I feel dizzy when I game, or if the video isn't high quality (like youtube) you can see the individual frames of video when the scene has motion. You'll want to put a little distance between you and the monitor if you are going to watch moving pictures on it.
Basically, the monitor is so good it reveals the flaws in your computer and media (bad video card, bad picture, low quality video, etc, you will notice them because the monitor makes them obvious).
Conclusion:
A very high quality monitor that stays in Adobe RGB colorspace so you don't need to mess with profiles if you video edit or do photo editing for the web. I'm very pleased with it.
(hide)

Views
5 Comments
Add Comment
Showing 289.99 for me.

Still working here on Chrome

I purchased my 2415 and 2413 for 129 each a couple of months ago. This is another way to do it ... if available. Oh yeah, the 2415 was brand new even though it was an outlet. The 2413 is wide gamut but oh my my screensavers catch my eye with the 3d ness that my 2415 does not. Both are calibrated with the 149 dollar xrite1pro from bhphoto.

Wide gamut is fun to play with. Movies do NOT look odd.

TowHead said:   I purchased my 2415 and 2413 for 129 each a couple of months ago. This is another way to do it ... if available. Oh yeah, the 2415 was brand new even though it was an outlet. The 2413 is wide gamut but oh my my screensavers catch my eye with the 3d ness that my 2415 does not. Both are calibrated with the 149 dollar xrite1pro from bhphoto.

Wide gamut is fun to play with. Movies do NOT look odd.

Looking for a deal on 2x 2415 - I wish i had come across the deal you got !    Keeping eyes peeled.

This sounds a good deal!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017