• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I had a mailer from Academy and noticed a rebate on a Remington 870 Express. Price is $289.99 - $50 MIR = $239.99 + tax, which is a great price for a solid shotgun. Academy flier image is attached. I also found the Remington rebates page and note that these rebates are valid for purchases 8/1/16 through 9/30/16. It looks like the rebate is good at any retailer and I saw that Cabelas.com also shows rebates available.

Remington rebates page here: https://www.remington.com/rebates-promotions

Remington Ammo: https://www.remington.com/sites/default/files/rebate/file/reming...

Express XLR & Nitro Steel - $5/box up to $100/person
Core-Lokt - $2.50/box up to $5/person

Remington Firearms: https://www.remington.com/sites/default/files/rebate/file/reming...

• Model 700 BDL/CDL Rifles - $100
  • Versa Max Shotguns - $100
  • Versa Max Sportsman Shotguns - $75
  • Model 700 SPS Rifles - $75
  • Model 11-87 Shotguns - $75
  • Model 870 Express Shotguns - $50
  • Model 700 ADL Rifles - $50
  • Model 783 Rifles - $40

Saw this first and copied from SD! Thanks ~Aggijosh

Moderator Comment: This thread had been placed under moderation to keep thread on topic. — Aug. 11, 2016 @ 7:52am
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Rebates, just another way to track down gun owners ...

rated:
jschuman said:   Rebates, just another way to track down gun owners ...
  As opposed to the federal form you just filled out to purchase the gun?

rated:
Any other stores with good deals on an 870?  $240 AR is pretty hot for this gun, but Academy doesn't sell it online & the nearest store for me is ~ 200 miles.

rated:
ElephantNest said:   

There is a law that prohibits the information on that form from being saved. Of course, the FFL that you purchased from has to record name and serial number anyway, and that information can never be destroyed, is subject to ATF inspection with short notice while the business is still operating under that license. If a business that has an FFL closes or cancels their license, those records are surrendered to the ATF. How else do you think weapons with a serial number are traced back to gun shops after a shooting? All that information is available. 

Besides paying cash to a private party, there's only one way to purchase a firearm LEGALLY without a record of the transaction. There's still a "background check" which is more extensive than going to Academy, so this doesn't apply to criminals. But it is possible to have no purchase or serial numbers recorded if that's what you are concerned with. Luckily, the type of people that go this route aren't criminals and may not even realize this.

rated:
Former gun owners. Unfortunately, mine fell in a river while duck hunting

rated:
my model 783 rifle failed after 20 shots. the extractor pin jammed and on the last shot, venting gas hit me on my face .. something not right.. currently sent it back for repair..

rated:
dealsnmoredeals said:   
ElephantNest said:   

There is a law that prohibits the information on that form from being saved. Of course, the FFL that you purchased from has to record name and serial number anyway, and that information can never be destroyed, is subject to ATF inspection with short notice while the business is still operating under that license. If a business that has an FFL closes or cancels their license, those records are surrendered to the ATF. How else do you think weapons with a serial number are traced back to gun shops after a shooting? All that information is available. 

Besides paying cash to a private party, there's only one way to purchase a firearm LEGALLY without a record of the transaction. There's still a "background check" which is more extensive than going to Academy, so this doesn't apply to criminals. But it is possible to have no purchase or serial numbers recorded if that's what you are concerned with. Luckily, the type of people that go this route aren't criminals and may not even realize this.

Say what?? What's that ONE way besides private party??

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016