posted 47 years ago by
webdoctors
Senior Member - 1K

Awesome price for a great card. Maybe even cheaper if there's a rebate from the class action settlement.

Link 

$229.99 

•  
  • Save: 23%
  • $199.99 after $30.00 rebate card
  •  

Views
12 Comments
Add Comment
I paid $30 more when it was a best deal a little while back and have been extremely impressed it runs everything I can toss at it at 60fps including Doom (2016) running Vulkan. Rock Solid. And yes, Newegg told me yesterday they are in talks with Nivida on a final amount to reimburse those who purchased it something for the misleading marketing that over stated the memory for the card resulting in the settlement so it might even be cheaper. If you aren't obsessed with having a bleeding edge card this still has a good amount of life in it especially for the money and it's still ranked highly here: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html it's the most graphics horsepower at the lowest price point I've ever found.

Nah, Imma gonna wait for the first 1060 deal...

1060 was $230 this past Weds on the egg, probably have it on sale again soon http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487261 but it's not tremendously more powerful than a 970 can't go wrong with either one for these prices.

Sound great. Will order soon. TY OP

rklamato said:   I paid $30 more when it was a best deal a little while back and have been extremely impressed it runs everything I can toss at it at 60fps including Doom (2016) running Vulkan. Rock Solid. And yes, Newegg told me yesterday they are in talks with Nivida on a final amount to reimburse those who purchased it something for the misleading marketing that over stated the memory for the card resulting in the settlement so it might even be cheaper. If you aren't obsessed with having a bleeding edge card this still has a good amount of life in it especially for the money and it's still ranked highly here: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html it's the most graphics horsepower at the lowest price point I've ever found.
  Does the geforce experience software actually have Vulkan as the recommended setting for you with Doom?  I've got a 970 and it has it set to OpenGl or whatever the other one was, and never bothered to try Vulkan since it said the optimized version was the other one.  It runs fine but it does have quite a few things moved down to the low settings.

You can easily overclock the gtx 970 to gtx 980 performance levels, which according to many sources is better than or at the very least comparable to the gtx 1060. If you collect on the likely class action lawsuit (~$30), and you plan to overclock this is a smoking deal!

Seems like a fair amount of reviewers complained about fan noise / coil whine - can anyone comment on that in particular?

My old card was a Radeon 5970 with dual fans, it sounded like a hurricane. To me the 970 can be heard but is not bad at all and only loud when it has to be the gpu tweak allows you to adjust fan speed and even has a quiet mode I have not played around with those settings. I never checked to see if vulkan was recommended by my GeForce experience software but it looks much better than OpenGL on my display with all settings on ultra to boot. 

I paid more when i purchased

Would love to buy this card, but, budget constraints force me to wait till the price drops
to around $100-120 range. 
Hoping maybe black friday or holiday sales.

Tacoma99 said:   Would love to buy this card, but, budget constraints force me to wait till the price drops
to around $100-120 range. 
Hoping maybe black friday or holiday sales.

Obviously I don't have inside information, but aren't the 970 series cards no longer manufactured? Isn't everything moved to Pascal 16nm 1070 series?

I don't think videocards drop in price like that, my older GTX660 never dropped below $150 when the MSRP is $200 (except for a brief sale on Zotac boards AR).

would this get the $30 rebate?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017