posted 47 years ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 5K

​Frontier Airlines: One-Way Flights to Select Cities from $20 (Travel 8/20/2016 to 2/18/2017)

Views
27 Comments
Add Comment
With $30 baggage check fees / per trip, so add'l $60 per trip / per person.

Taking bags are not required.
Plus most airlines have baggage fees.

KayK said:   Taking bags are not required.

SouthWest....

mostsleek said:   

SouthWest....

Key word is:  most airlines have baggage fees. 

Monkeys extra?

the ultra-fashionable double post...

They seem to be charging me $30 for each carry on bag and $25 for each checked bag. Kills the deal for me

nothin saying you can't wear all the clothes you want to take

Charges for carryons and checked baggage that increase as you move from online -> check-in -> gate.  Absolutely no service items without charge (water, etc).  

Only one way? Maybe I'll send my wife.

FYI: 1 personal size bag is allowed at no cost. Have flown several times using this bag size and can pack for 7 days with all clothes and necessities. YMMV As far as fees for services, etc., most all ULCC (ultra low cost carriers) follow the same type rules. Not for everyone, but great deals for the right traveler(IMO).
Info per Frontier's website:
Personal Item Sizes Must fit under the seat in front of you Make sure your bag fits...
8” Depth 18” Width 14” Long 1 Personal Item Included

The answer to the $30 fee: Jacket

I would say the real deal here is the credit card offer.  40,000 point after spending $500.  It does have a small fee, but should work for good getaway with the mrs.

So have a question b about these domestic airlines. I almost always fly international. Those airlines allow for carry-on along with a computer/camera bag. Would this airline allow for that?

zippythechicken said:   nothin saying you can't wear all the clothes you want to take
  Just ask for seat belt extender. But for $20 you can buy a second seat for your bag and come out ahead of the baggage fee and have room to spread out.

Samsonite Mightlight Fro Vertical Shopper, Black, One Size
Disclaimer
After many months of searching for the perfect personal item to use on frontier, I found this 

External 17.5 x 14 x 8 inches and just under the 18 x 14 x 8 Frontier limit. 

The 8" limit was the killer to find.

Sites like Expedia /Priceline should offer these when you book a Frontier flight.

ahmedboomer said:   So have a question b about these domestic airlines. I almost always fly international. Those airlines allow for carry-on along with a computer/camera bag. Would this airline allow for that?
  Legacy carriers (United, Delta, AA etc) allows laptop bag and one additional carry on item.  I think Southwest allows both of these plus one free checked bag.  Low cost carriers (Frontiner, Spirit etc) allow one personal item such as laptop bag or small backpack for free and then charge for everything else. 

good idea!

http://makeagif.com/S6nXRT

friends

the one where joey wears all of chandlers clothes

ahmedboomer said:   So have a question b about these domestic airlines. I almost always fly international. Those airlines allow for carry-on along with a computer/camera bag. Would this airline allow for that?
  Yes, they allow. All airlines allow that. 

Some charge extra for it and some don't. 

HappyGuy said:   The answer to the $30 fee: Jacket

If that doesn't get you molested by TSA, nothing will.  It has suicide vest written all over it.

bigfatscaryguy said:   
HappyGuy said:   The answer to the $30 fee: Jacket

If that doesn't get you molested by TSA, nothing will.  It has suicide vest written all over it.

You carry this as a piece of luggage and than switch it to a jacket as you board the plane and than switch back to luggage as you make it past the evil check point.  I'm sure you will get looks and a closer inspection than anyone else as you past.

Carryon are also charged here... Most airlines don't have carryon fees...

Most don't charge for carry-ons.

None of these flights actually seem to be available. I looked at Atl-> Denver in the timeframe given, and the cheapest flight was $69 (one way).
No return flights at this price either, so how are you supposed to get back?

Total cost for the two-way flight would actually be $140+carryon fees=$210. No better than any other airline.

It seems to be a marketing scam to get publicity, and it certainly worked since it got a bunch of people looking.

canoeguy1 said:   None of these flights actually seem to be available. I looked at Atl-> Denver in the timeframe given, and the cheapest flight was $69 (one way).
No return flights at this price either, so how are you supposed to get back?

Total cost for the two-way flight would actually be $140+carryon fees=$210. No better than any other airline.

It seems to be a marketing scam to get publicity, and it certainly worked since it got a bunch of people looking.

Not really, you needed to book by Aug 12.  I've noticed that they charge sale pricing at about 10 PM central time.

Flying my daughter round trip from LAX-DENVER-ST.LOUIS took some figuring, but got it for about $140 total. Round trip from St. Louis to Denver is $38. Thanks, OP!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016