posted 1 month ago by
vinayabc
Ancient Member

Apparently they used to give a credit of $50 for all new customers, but from now until December 31st 2016.
All new customers with a term plan (6 months, 12 months, etc) get 150 off their electricity bill (get it as a credit)

You can first go to www.powertochoose.org and enter your zipcode to see the best plans.
If Reliant is in there, just look at the electricity facts label and call Reliant 1-877-297-3795
Tell them you want to sign up for that plan and tell them you have a coupon in the end. Coupon code I received was JOPIK6E

4 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Did you successfully double dipped on it? Powertochoose.com also has a coupon from their site to lower my plan's rate, So I didn't combine the 2 deals together. Haven't try to call them though...

rated:
Understanding all of the marketing tricks on powertochoose can be a challenge and frustrating. www.EnergyChoiceExperts.com does an apples-to-apples comparison of electricity plans by total annual cost so the electricity companies can't hide behind their marketing tricks.

rated:
Uh looks like this is Texas only

rated:
scott57 said:   Understanding all of the marketing tricks on powertochoose can be a challenge and frustrating. www.EnergyChoiceExperts.com does an apples-to-apples comparison of electricity plans by total annual cost so the electricity companies can't hide behind their marketing tricks.
But it costs $35 just to get this info.  I just create an Excel file each time I need to compare and pull in my usage numbers from smartmetertexas.com.  If you know math and excel it is not that complicated.  The key is know your usage and know what traps are in each plan and how to avoid them.  My current plan has a "donut hole" where rates are dirt cheap, but using my smart meter and adjusting my a/c up or down a few degrees and switching between gas and electric cooking I can hit the sweet spot.  My last months bill was $18 for using over 1500 kwh.  To see these cheap but complicated plans, be sure to check the option to show plans with fees/credits.

As plans vary by the month, location and usage I am not going to reveal my provider of choice as this is something each consumer needs to do their homework on for their circumstances.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016