• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
THIS STARTS 8/14/2016.

This is listed in next week's online Staples circular - page 11 to be exact.  Printed circulars don't include all sale items, only a subset.

In store only per the ad.  It says store stock, or "order in store for fast and free delivery".  Not sure this will be online but we won't know till Sunday.

$299 for 16GB WIFI model.
$399 for 64GB WIFI model.

I know Target and Best Buy have had these deals/prices recently and even this week.  Bought mine at Target and am returning.  Probably discounted due to upcoming new releases.

For those that have rewards and/or ink rewards - which JUST GOT ISSUED, this is a better deal cause you can partly (fully) pay with your rewards.  If you pay with cash you still get 2 to 5% back with Staples Rewards which matches somewhat to the Target Card (5% discount).

To make it one better, buy it this week in store, and price match to Target.  Staples offers a 110% price match guarantee on the difference.  That's another $10 in savings.

More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Oct. 28, 2016 @ 2:03pm
Member Summary

ipad (5.90kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks for in one. I have good experience on it. Really a good product. Thanks op for finding a good deals.

Looks like in store only. Prices not discounted online. Just checked.

Goofy4Deals said:   
I know Target and Best Buy have had these deals/prices recently and even this week.  Bought mine at Target and am returning.  Probably discounted due to upcoming new releases.

They (including other retail stores) have had it this for $299 many times.  There's no "new" model coming out for this since the successor to this (iPad Pro 9.7'') has already came out.   They have even had those on sale already.

$299 should be the maximum anyone here would pay and just normal FW price. 

These are very hard to find, at this price! I was the first one in Staples today. (11am Sun) I asked the Mgr if she had any, and she said no. She called another store, and they only had one. So I told her that by the time I would go there, they would be out of it. So she went into the stockroom, to look for it, and they only had one in Silver. I took it very gladly!

Aside from it was time to upgrade for us, one of the biggest attractors is TouchID. Touch ID on the iPhone is amazing. It's the perfect blend of security and usability.

Will Staples price match to Targets 5% CC?

Staples usually matches to a price. The 5% is a credit card thing. You may be able to convince a manager give you 5% off as a courtesy but I think this is highly YMMV. Haven't seen anyone else try this before. Why not just buy at Target unless you have Staples rewards that you want to spend.

GoofyForDeals said:    Haven't seen anyone else try this before. 
  That's because it's not even in the realm of reality.  Staples (or any retail store I've ever heard of) have or would...match particular credit card perks. 

aznboi64 said:   Will Staples price match to Targets 5% CC?
  What planet are you from?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016