IMHO this is a VERY good software to automatically optimize your network (RWIN/MTU/etc) settings. 
I have this installed on every PC at home, the software communicate with each other giving priority to which device/protocol need bandwidth the most. Improving VOIP and gaming latency during heavy download.
This software is a lifesaver during my college year because my roommate was a 24/7 torrent junky.

LiNK 

What is Traffic Shaping ? 

FEATURES
Traffic Shaping
Multi-User version
TX and RX-Shaping
RWIN Expansion
L7 Protocol Analysis
Prioritization of Programs
Class Delay Management
RTP/VoIP Detection
Individual rules with filter language

Options
Low-Latency Mode
Auto-MTU optimization

Extras
Skins
Status window on your phone/tablet
Online Budgets
Usage Graph
Overview of connections
Firewall
Data and packet logging
32-Bit and 64-Bit version
32+ languages
More Features... 

Views
2 Comments
Add Comment
Too bad it won't 'shape' items that aren't running it. I guess you put it on your Roommate's computer?

forbin4040 said:   Too bad it won't 'shape' items that aren't running it. I guess you put it on your Roommate's computer?

Yes, all of us have it installed to ensure smooth browsing for everyone. Because of different schedules, while one is downloading, the other might need the bandwidth to play games or research.
Significantly better results compared to 'forced throttling' in some routers.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016