• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Every year on renewal (or new membership) veterans can get a 15 dollar gift card when they renew. They just have to ask & show I.D.
Any kind of membership, biz or personal. O

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Yup.. Worked for me last week!

rated:
Yep, been working for the last couple years.

rated:
Yes, this has been around for quite some time. They used to give out canes on veterans day also. I don't believe we do that any longer. But will do breakfasts around that time.

rated:
Better offer here from prior post Sam's Military Vet Offer good untill 8/31/2016

rated:
Thanks for the info regarding veterans. My husband is retired military and a veteran of the 1st Gulf War.

rated:
Just as an addition to this, AMEX has a card offer to rebate $45 of a membership charge. It should stack. Obviously YMMV, but it was on my Blue Cash card.

rated:
I've wondered about this -- what ID is required? Most vets like me do not have "veteran ID". Do we have to bring in our DD214?

rated:
RedWolfe01 said:   Just as an addition to this, AMEX has a card offer to rebate $45 of a membership charge. It should stack. Obviously YMMV, but it was on my Blue Cash card.
This is for new members only. I was going to use this to renew but not now. Also there is a $35 Gift card on + members that use Mastercard to renew/new membership.

rated:
A few years ago, I renewed my Sam's membership using the Veterans deal and a knowledgeable staff-member added a 'Military' status to my card (after viewing my proof of service) and that now, I didn't have to prove my military/veteran background every year.
It's just a normal card but on the back it states 'Military' printed on it.

Oh, and you receive a $25 gc if you sign-up/renew as a 'Plus member'.

rated:
I looked at the online renewal option, and I was able to verify my veteran status using ID.me linking to my USAA account.

rated:
UncaMikey said:   I've wondered about this -- what ID is required? Most vets like me do not have "veteran ID". Do we have to bring in our DD214?
You and ALL VETS should have an ID card from the VA, which is all you need.

rated:
HotStuff2 said:   
UncaMikey said:   I've wondered about this -- what ID is required? Most vets like me do not have "veteran ID". Do we have to bring in our DD214?
You and ALL VETS should have an ID card from the VA, which is all you need.

I'm sure many vets are like me -- I've never had any dealings with the VA and thus have no ID card. I don't anticipate having any dealings with them in the future, either.

In any event, the link to USAA worked fine to verify my veteran status online.

rated:
Or just get veteran printed on your drivers license. Took less than a few minutes at the VA and a DD214.

rated:
Or just get veteran printed on your drivers license. Took less than a few minutes at the VA and a DD214.

rated:
Thanks. I was unaware of this. My membership was about to expire so I took my DD214 with me and renewed and received the gift card on the spot.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016