NEW UPDATE Deal has EXPIRED! 
BLT 2 is BACK. New lines for everyone. Upgrades to follow, follow Social for more info

https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/7850/blt-2-free-plan-discussion#latest 

BLT 2 Free Plan  
https://promos.ringplus.net/ 
Opening Times:New Activations:
Friday September 9, 2016 from 7PM until 10PM Pacific
Saturday, September 10 2016 from 7PM unitl 10PM Pacific
and
Upgrades:Saturday, September 10, 2016 from 8-10PM Pacific. $25 upgrade goes towards top off for your use. 

Buyer Beware, recent change in TOS has gone badly but make up your own mind. Risk vs Reward. 
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1525790
 ----------------------------------------------
UPDATE BLT IS BACK TONIGHT!!! https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/7425/blt-free-plan-august-23-2016/p1 
This Flash Promo is open Tuesday 8/23 from 6:30 pm to 9 pm Pacific Time for new line activations. For upgrades it will open on Wednesday 8/24 from 6:30 pm to 9 pm Pacific Time. New line activations will remain available for the entire duration of the flash period. Upgrades may sell out prior to the end of the flash period. 

Will increase each month by 250 units for minutes/texts/MMS/data for first five months, until it reaches 6,000 each of minutes/texts/MMS/data.

Ringplus offers their "BLT Plan" on Sprint 's network for Free every month after a one-time Top Up cost of $38 to get started. 

BLT Plan includes:

Price: $0 per Month (after one-time $38 Top-Up)
4750 Minutes / month. (+250 every month for five months. 6,000 on sixth and all later months.)
4750 SMS Texts / month (+250 every month for five months. 6,000 on sixth and all later months.)
4750 MMS / month (+250 every month for five months. 6,000 on sixth and all later months.)
4750 MB Full Speed LTE Data / month (+250 every month for five months. 6,000 on sixth and all later months.)

Overages are 5¢ per unit of Talk, Text and MMS. Data overages are billed in 1GB increments at $15 per GB. (charged against your Top-Up balance)

Upgrades will be available for both M+ and regular non-M+ members. Upgrades will cost $25 for non-M+ or $10 for M+. The upgrade fee will be credited to your account as a Top Up.

Upgrades will be done from the RingPlus Dashboard.

Tethering will be available for $1.99 per month. Tethering can be turned on and off, at will, and the $1.99/month price will remain available when turning tethering back on. 
NO social requirement .The goal is that after five months you will have access to the allotments of the original Club Sandwich Free Plan of Free/month: 6,000 talk, text, MMS, and MB (full-speed 4G LTE data).

Views
135 Comments
Add Comment
Does this require a member plus membership?

no member+ required, open to all during flash. That's why I bothered a separate thread, this has no social requirement or goofy loops to jump through. Most bang for buck with MMS included and practically unlimited everything. Simple and to the point or I would't be the OP. 

Open to *NEW* subscribers and *LIMITED* number of r+ and non-members; KEY being limited...

depending on new sign ups there should be plenty to go around. (1,350) + the number of new activations

this is the best plan to come along in awhile so upgrades may be in high demand. Karl just answered some questions https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/75604#Comment_75604  on demand tether off CC for example. Killer deal just got better. I still consider it kinda free upgrade since $25 goes to top off for use as needed. 

Understand how to do new line. No clue as to how to upgrade. Currently have one line on Commitment and have $35 balance. So am I paying $3 only?

there is a HUGE UPGRADE BUTTON in your dashboard, can't miss it. Current balance transfers, Upgrade fee with tax from CC will be added to top off. This is becoming the standard, just another revenue stream to keep the doors open. (and some really good PR after a few goofs) 

Hello,

I am a RingPlus newby and have a few questions I was hoping someone would be able to help me with. I am considering porting my home number to this. I currently have
AT&T Uverse for home phone. My wife and I share a Sprint cell phone plan. I would like to use either her phone (Iphone 6 Plus) or mine (Galaxy Note 4) for this.....our 2 year contracts are up soon, and if we can resign a new 2 year contract we will....getting new phones while keeping our existing phones.

I apologize for the brief backstory before asking my questions.

1) Can I port a landline number to RingPlus?
2) Can I subscribe to RingPlus without a phone? (If so, how do I do it.) I attempted to do this a few weeks ago during another promotion I read about, but didn't understand how to do it without a phone. The site I read it on referred to purchasing a 'placeholder' but I didn't understand this.

Thank you,

Adolfo

Hello Adolfo.
I am sure you will get a lot of advice here. Some of it even good.

My advice?
Do NOT port your main number to R+

Random thought: there is no such thing as "free" phones with a contract. You pay for them as part of the package. Try asking them how much the monthly would be if you bring your own device(s). The difference is what you are paying for the free phone.
My advice? Keep your phones. Do not get new ones. Shop around for cheaper plans without contract.

Thank you for your comment serenity22.

I have considered leaving Sprint for Ting, but I sometimes use a decent amount of data. I use 20+GBs last month.

We have a grandfathered plan (1500 Everything Data) that I don't want to walk away from.

I also enjoy the uupgraded phones when we are eligible to do so. I want the Galay Note 7.

Thanks!

Adolfo

Sprint is the worst service in the universe...theyre cheapass swampstompers......

To each their own. For myself and my wife, it works well enough. 

For Regular Upgrades: (via Dashboard and not via classified)

A $25 upgrade fee will be charged to your credit card, and added to your existing Top Up. Afterwards, if, and only if, the Top Up balance reaches $0, another $38 auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.

For Member+ Upgrades:

A $10 upgrade fee will be charged to your credit card, and added to your existing Top Up. Afterwards, if, and only if, the Top Up balance reaches $0, another $38 auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.

Overages:

$0.05 per talk, text MMS $15 per GB

Overages will be drawn from your Top Up balance, plus applicable telecom taxes and fees.

Does the plan have a slower data option for those without LTE?

betsybear said:   Does the plan have a slower data option for those without LTE?
  Not exactly sure what you mean.  Full LTE allotment doesn't mean there is no 3G/2G service included.  It just means you get 4.7gb to 6gb of data every month including unthrottled* data up to LTE spped.  

*Not including Sprint Spark, though, I believe.

jovenis said:   
betsybear said:   Does the plan have a slower data option for those without LTE?
  Not exactly sure what you mean.  Full LTE allotment doesn't mean there is no 3G/2G service included.  It just means you get 4.7gb to 6gb of data every month including unthrottled* data up to LTE spped.  

*Not including Sprint Spark, though, I believe.

I mean that I can't use LTE but need some form of data. I'm afraid that I could buy into this plan and then be stuck with no data at all. Previous plans actually had a line about a lower speed option for those without LTE.

Monkeybiz said:   Too good to pass up, with upgrades going towards top off for the current users. https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/7288/blt-free-plan
  Yes, this is very good. As I mentioned on the R+ forum that the $15 per GB data overage was the deal killer for me as I understand this is now the standard charge in many plans . Another member asked if it's true and nowhere on the now 6 pages of discussion was it addressed, and I couldn't find it doing a search.

Your R+ knowledge is great and maybe you'll know, but my understanding when It was upped to $15 that the extra GB of data doesn't carry over when your plan resets on day 30 making YouTube or Fakebook quite expensive for a few days of use. I'm sure there were many members yelling about this, but I can't find any mention.

Does anyone know if Unlocked Nexus 5X works with Ring+ ?

jagan164 said:   Does anyone know if Unlocked Nexus 5X works with Ring+ ?
  It should.  

ADOLFO said:   Thank you for your comment serenity22.

I have considered leaving Sprint for Ting, but I sometimes use a decent amount of data. I use 20+GBs last month.

We have a grandfathered plan (1500 Everything Data) that I don't want to walk away from.

I also enjoy the uupgraded phones when we are eligible to do so. I want the Galay Note 7.

Thanks!

Adolfo

If you use a huge amount of data then you should look at Att or tmobile.    Also being GSM there are many more unlocked contract free phones available for these carriers.    

I'm not knocking RingPlus here.  It sounds like your needs 20GB of data are best met by keeping your existing Sprint Unlimited Data plan if you are satisfied with your coverage, or moving to Tmobile or AT&T unlimited plans.   RingPlus does not have an inexpensive very high data allotment plan with full speed LTE.   Its not really the market they are after at this time.   

Monkeybiz said:   there is a HUGE UPGRADE BUTTON in your dashboard, can't miss it. Current balance transfers, Upgrade fee with tax from CC will be added to top off. This is becoming the standard, just another revenue stream to keep the doors open. (and some really good PR after a few goofs) 
 doesn't matter how big it is, as I hit that button and was not offered the BLT option last night. I only wish they had customer service when that crap happens. Ive been waiting sometime to upgrade and that happened. Had I known, I would have got a hold of an activatable phone. 

MeIsCheap said:   
Monkeybiz said:   there is a HUGE UPGRADE BUTTON in your dashboard, can't miss it. Current balance transfers, Upgrade fee with tax from CC will be added to top off. This is becoming the standard, just another revenue stream to keep the doors open. (and some really good PR after a few goofs) 
 doesn't matter how big it is, as I hit that button and was not offered the BLT option last night. I only wish they had customer service when that crap happens. Ive been waiting sometime to upgrade and that happened. Had I known, I would have got a hold of an activatable phone. 

Unless you've been running Microsoft's Time Travel beta, you wouldn't have been offered it last night, as the upgrade window is TONIGHT (8/18).

Oy...

it worked enough. thanks OP!

jagan164 said:   Does anyone know if Unlocked Nexus 5X works with Ring+ ?
  I have my unlocked Nexus 5X on Ringplus with a Ting Nano SIM C5.

I'm also new to RingPlus. Can someone explain some things to me, please.

1) Why do they have so many different plans available? I'm very confused with this.

2) Would I be able to use an unlocked phone from either Sprint or any other carrier with them?

3) Someone mentioned above that we should not port our main cell number over to them? Why? Is this a risky company that could go at any time?

TIA!

UKtour said:   
Monkeybiz said:   Too good to pass up, with upgrades going towards top off for the current users. https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/7288/blt-free-plan
  Yes, this is very good. As I mentioned on the R+ forum that the $15 per GB data overage was the deal killer for me as I understand this is now the standard charge in many plans . Another member asked if it's true and nowhere on the now 6 pages of discussion was it addressed, and I couldn't find it doing a search.

Your R+ knowledge is great and maybe you'll know, but my understanding when It was upped to $15 that the extra GB of data doesn't carry over when your plan resets on day 30 making YouTube or Fakebook quite expensive for a few days of use. I'm sure there were many members yelling about this, but I can't find any mention.

Sorry I'm not much help on details, I just don't do the math or dig very deep. I don't do porting and I don't have a problem with overages on most plans. I watch the dashboard carefully and set the phone limiter on data. I learned to loan out only Sailing plan with no overages until family figures out how data allotment and streaming videos work. I need to get back to my fantasy job as the sexy gardener before it get's too hot. Happy happy, good upgrade and Seahawks at same time. 

bhoup said:   I'm also new to RingPlus. Can someone explain some things to me, please.

1) Why do they have so many different plans available? I'm very confused with this.

2) Would I be able to use an unlocked phone from either Sprint or any other carrier with them?

3) Someone mentioned above that we should not port our main cell number over to them? Why? Is this a risky company that could go at any time?

TIA!

1)  So people keep upgrading and pay the company some upgrade fees.  Also to generate the buzz.
  2)  The phone has to support Sprint CDMA - so either Sprint (or Boost/Virgin Mobile) or universal phone.  Cannot be a new Sprint/boost/Virgin Mobile prepaid phone either as those are restricted from switching until used on the provider that they are prepaid with for some time.
  3)  Yes - their revenue model relies mostly on new customer / upgrade fees.  So it is essentially a pyramid scheme.  It is nice while it is going but do not bet on it to continue forever.

darkfallz said:   Sprint is the worst service in the universe...theyre cheapass swampstompers......

That is not accurate, and is an ignorant statement! Your misinformed statement does a disservice to those looking for quality cell service. Sprint has drastically upgraded their system, as was recently disclosed and acknowledged by Leo Laporte "The Tech Guy". Everyone should know that there is not one cell service that is the best nationwide because people live in different locations with distinct coverage variables. For instance where I live in the mountains only Sprint has excellent coverage, none of the others come close until you approach a metro area, in which case every cell service works fairly well. So your statement is very misleading and unfruitful for shoppers enquiring into cell service for their particular needs. Also I believe Ring Plus highly compresses their voice data. I can make a call on my Sprint phone to a given number and have a crisp clear connection, whereas if I call using the Ring Plus service it sounds highly compressed like I am talking through a pipe, but still usable.

just to be clear, R+ uses Sprint cell towers, not VOIP like Freedompop 3G. Full speed LTE is anywhere from 35-60 in my area. Home is up to 15/4 or I'd cut my ISP out completely.

RingPlus has several different means of revenue generation within its business model. They talk about their various offerings in their home page.

They certainly seem to be a beta lab for Sprint, with the IMS model that allows ads to be presented instead of the ringing sound for outgoing calls, they also toyed a bit with adding web ads and one set of plans had variable data throttling.

Another of their offerings is RingPlus, Inc. Research, which is described as the following:

RingPlus, Inc. conducts research in many areas, spanning from telecommunication to consumer psychology. In the photo above, Karl, our CEO, gives an interview with Insider about cognitive research to improve communication.

I personally think that many of their offerings and upgrade offering related to this consumer psychology model. Basically, they are offering us something of value to be a part of their consumer behavior study projects. For example, what offerings generate a certain level of buzz, what motivates consumers to act, what do they tell others about things via social media, etc. Another example is what happens when they offer a lesser plan offering on the heels of a better one. I am sure we provide a treasure trove of information for their analysis....

So as long as these various revenue streams continue, so should the offerings. But since they don't have any real subscription revenue there is always the possibility that they are no longer able to continue this model. That's why most are recommending not porting over your legacy phone number to them. I use GoogleVoice for my cellular number that I give out as I have multiple phones that I use (e.g.,work, personal, play (Ringplus), backup device that I don't care about, etc.).

MeIsCheap said:   

Its starts tonight my dear FWer. Log on and you would see that "HUGE UPRADE BUTTON"

It is fascinating to hear everyone's opinion on how the business model works - a consumer research study, advertising funded, a ponzi scheme requiring new promotions constantly, economizing on their cost of service via spring via some type of voice compression or the lack of customer service. Maybe it is just funded by investor money that will ultimately disappear into dotcom bubble type losses.
No matter what the model is, it has been great fun to have a Ringplus phone. I only experienced one half day where the system was down and the phone not functional this year. I, too, don't use it as my primary phone because the voice quality is sometimes spotty and, as my main line, I can't have it completely disappear one day because they go belly up. But, their online dashboard and the level of control one has over the phone is actually the best I've seen in any carrier. They have built something really good here in terms of the ability to customize and control the phone. If we could ever understand the sustainability of their model, one could conceive using this as their primary phone, but that seems unlikely. It is one of those deals that is too good to be true, but I would recommend jumping on board while it lasts if you have a compatible phone because there is little to lose and it is always fun to get something basically for free.

Starts at 9pm central..zzzzzzzzzzz

The $1.99 tether deal makes this worth the attempt IMHO. All my phones are $20/mo tethering.

speaking of tether, many of the prepaid phones like Tribute and Volt can tether with a slight tweak on the NON rooted stock LG phones. The shortcutmaster app works on Volt and you can find the Kumo method at SD for other models. That two dollar tether can be used as needed or on demand which makes it ideal. The Spark LTE is the best thing going for them.

Let's hope the servers hold up, I think there is some pent up demand by now for a crazy good plan. Data is where it's at, even Sprint is giving in to unlimited. 
http://androidandme.com/2016/08/news/sprint-unveils-unlimited-fr...

Confused gal NON -tech gal here. Do I want to upgrade either of my two of phones with these plans?
1. Infinity Free Plan
Unlimited Talk - Unlimited Text - 500 MB/LTE data and afterwards Unlimited Data 2G speed data
OR
2. Leonardo 4 Free Plan
Free: $0 for Unlimited RingPlus-to-RingPlus Voice & Text + 1400 Voice, 1400 Text and 1200 MB + tethering per month.

I plan to upgrade old Leo 3 free tether over 1.2GB. Has a low balance so upgrade fee might be useful.

Yay! Thanks! It opened at 6:57 PM.

got one upgrade without slightest problems at about 7:05 pm

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017