• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
1.  Go to bank and get 5 rolls of quarters
2.  Go to Giant Coinstar and put money in
3.  Choose cash or a gift card worth $50 * (Cash back will only be $45 due to fees)
4.   Print out receipt will include a coupon for $10 off at Giant, Martins or Stop & Shop 

link:https://www.coinstar.com/specialoffershttps://www.coinstar.com/giftcards

Member Summary

Coinstar (7.99kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Offer available 8/19/16-8/25/16. Coupon may be used through 09/01/16.

you can use cash instead of coins.

the coupon is for $10 off a minimum $10 purchase.

rated:
I tried to put bills into the coinstar machine.  But, it wouldn't accept.
Are you supposed to press the button for "gift cards" or "buy gift cards?"  Or what's the procedure of how to get it to accept bills instead of coins?

rated:
Thanks OP. You said there is a $5 fee. But that should not be applicable for no fee GCs, correct?. You put in 50 bucks in coins, should get a $50 eGC voucher plus the bonus?

rated:
^-- correct

rated:
Although this ends today, some datapoints, FWIW, all based on use at Giant in No. Va. --

+  Redemption of COINS for fee-free Amazon gift e-card works, generates grocery coupon.
+  Using paper bills to buy AMZN e-card DOES NOT generate grocery coupon.
+  Coin machine accepts dollar coins, so if you're going to the bank for coins, suggest getting two $25 rolls of dollars, vs. 5 rolls of quarters.
+  I threw in a couple of nickles extra each time, so the total would be just over $50.

Thanks, OP!

rated:
tuphat said:   Although this ends today, some datapoints, FWIW, all based on use at Giant in No. Va. --

+  Redemption of COINS for fee-free Amazon gift e-card works, generates grocery coupon.
+  Coin machine accepts dollar coins, so if you're going to the bank for coins, suggest getting two $25 rolls of dollars, vs. 5 rolls of quarters.
+  I threw in a couple of nickles extra each time, so the total would be just over $50.

Thanks, OP!

did you try a mix of coins and cash?  just curious.

rated:
psxzombie said:   
tuphat said:   Although this ends today, some datapoints, FWIW, all based on use at Giant in No. Va. --

+  Redemption of COINS for fee-free Amazon gift e-card works, generates grocery coupon.

Thanks, OP!

did you try a mix of coins and cash?  just curious.

One of the initial screens asked "Cash or Coins," I couldn't figure out a way to supplement coins with bills.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016