posted 48 years ago by
anticlawson
I am usually on vacation.

Posted with ToGo

Free 1-yr. Newegg Premier for Students a/c

http://promotions.newegg.com/nepro/16-3191/index.html 

Newegg is offering a Free Newegg Premier Membership for Students using coupon code "COLLEGETOUR".

• Must Have A Valid .edu Email Address
  • Newegg ID Needs to Be Set As .edu Email Address if Already a Member
  • 1 Year Membership Offers Free Shipping, Returns & Exclusive Deals

Views
7 Comments
Add Comment
This code is a part of Newegg 's College Tour promotion. You can read about College Tour here. 
Florida, New York, and Rhode Island excluded for sweepstakes.

Event minisite: www.newegg.com/collegetour 

Offers expire 10/31/2016 at 11:59 P.M. PT.

Just my two cents, but if you want to exploit this promotion for all it's worth I would sign up the day before it ends. The later signup is done, the more wiggleroom for next year.  Unless you need premier now, I guess. 

BIG YMMV on this deal.

if memory servers me correctly, last year this promo was just for select universities-- if your school didn't have an agreement, Premier wasn't free-- but instead students could get a year of Premier for $29.99.

Thus, I didn't sign up.

So I bit on the promo listed above, and guess what?

Using the promo code COLLEGETOUR, and my .edu address, it said I wasn't eligible, but instead was offered a discount on Premier for $29.99--- the same price break Newegg made last year to students of colleges and universities that didn't have a purchasing agreement with Newegg. 

MidwestUSDealGuy said:   BIG YMMV on this deal.

if memory servers me correctly, last year this promo was just for select universities-- if your school didn't have an agreement, Premier wasn't free-- but instead students could get a year of Premier for $29.99.

Thus, I didn't sign up.

Using the promo code COLLEGETOUR, and my .edu address, it said I wasn't eligible, but instead was offered a discount on Premier for $29.99--- the same price break Newegg made last year to students of colleges and universities that didn't have a purchasing agreement with Newegg. 

The only thing I was offered for $29.99 was a 3 month Premier membership. So it did not seem to recognize my .edu address either.

newegg code works
Disclaimer
ljderm said:   
MidwestUSDealGuy said:   BIG YMMV on this deal.

Thus, I didn't sign up.

The only thing I was offered for $29.99 was a 3 month Premier membership. So it did not seem to recognize my .edu address either.

The code works

For those that it is not working for, are you making sure that your Newegg ID is the .edu email address? You can't just change the address on the account it has to be the Newegg ID or it won't work.

To clarify for those having issues:

There may be two different emails in your DASHBOARD

"Newegg ID" needs to be .edu to work with COLLEGETOUR.

Having "Student email" alone as edu may not work. Verifying is NOT necessary if done before.

SO make your Newegg ID the same as the student email address. THEN apply COLLEGETOUR.

Confirmed it will extend an existing membership.

It appears new members get free 30 day membership first. Them 12 month student free after that. When in student mode, you can also add up too 4 free friends and family to premier. So we are actually getting 13 months. And adding 4 free friends and family after initial 30 day. Got it?

Where do you enter the promo code?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017