posted 1 month ago by
Bosoxlancer
Handsome Member

Use code backtoschool
https://www.skydrop.com

8 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
How hard is this to install? I have an old school Rain Bird manual dial one, this would be great. Anyone comment on this?

rated:
It's $157 @ AMZN. Some reviews stating starting to charge app fee as premium features use. Not sure if will apply to all.

rated:
very simple, take a pic of wiring  before you do anything, then unhook and transfer 1 wire at a time.
hook up is same as your old controller.

rated:
FYI, check your local water company for incentives. I installed a wifi/app controlled sprinkler controller, received $120 rebate, making it very inexpensive to upgrade. Now it checks local weather to decide amount of watering my plants need.

rated:
I contacted their customer service and they stated if you get it without a rebate, they don't charge for full features on app. I don't quite buy it because the app on iTunes still says in-app purchases. I don't want to get stuck buying and then have them ask for $6/month to use the app!

rated:
So a tad off topic but I am looking to replace my current Controller with one that atleast has battery backup, so tried of power blinks and bang I have to reprogram everything, so I was looking at the follow for a 4 zone system I have now;  b-hyve Wifi, Rainmachine and the Rachio. I saw some old deals for 95.00 for refurb'd units at Amazon but guess thats long over with, unless someone else knows about a current sale or refurb units?  Any feedback which unit to get?

Dil

rated:
Check with your water supplier before you buy a sprinkler control unit.My water co had an unadvertised free sprinkler controller with a outside water sensor to automatically adjust watering times ,a weather sensor.They also gave away rain bird sprinkler heads up to twenty of them per house.Retail price of the controller was just under $500,they sent a person out after I installed it to verify operation and any settings.Very easy install also it is a wireless system.

rated:
Dilbertic said:   So a tad off topic but I am looking to replace my current Controller with one that atleast has battery backup, so tried of power blinks and bang I have to reprogram everything, so I was looking at the follow for a 4 zone system I have now;  b-hyve Wifi, Rainmachine and the Rachio. I saw some old deals for 95.00 for refurb'd units at Amazon but guess thats long over with, unless someone else knows about a current sale or refurb units?  Any feedback which unit to get?

Dil

I'm happy with my RainMachine mini-8, but can't speak to it relative to others since I haven't tried them out.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016