posted 48 years ago by
Karmabiker
Dismembered Member

I purchased this TV a week ago a $1997, it's a screaming deal at that price and on fire at $1897.  This is the 2014 model that was held over at the flagship for 2015.  The new Sony FALD TVs are $5000ish street price. In my opinion is is a better TV than any of the edge lit displays (ie any Sony below the Z series or the 940D 75").  Original retail on this set was $8000, debate in the owners forum was wether or not they would close out at the $2600 price point or drop below $2500...

Amazon third party seller Video and Audio has a 10 day price guarantee, they did honor it for me with no issues.

Fulfillment  is via Amazon white glove - they bring it in, unpack it and turn it on.  

Happy hunting

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-XBR65X950B-65-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B0...

Views
5 Comments
Add Comment
Karmabiker said:   
Amazon third party seller Video and Audio has a 10 day price guarantee, they did honor it for me with no issues.

What exactly did they honor ie price match or was your set defective?

Set was fine. I paid $1997 a week ago, they dropped the price to $1897 - refunded me the $100 difference.

Thanks, snagged an open-box for $1797

While a nice TV, it's a lot to spend for dated technology.  It is not HDR capable.  Just don't see spending that much for a set that's lacking some desirable features.

Different strokes for different folks. FALD is way further up my list than HDR...

Until the Z series came out the only comprable display in Sony's lineup was the 940d (and wether that or the 950b is a better set is a bit of a religious war).

Undoubtedly the new Z series with the android interface instead of Sony entertainment network app and HDR is a better set, I just don't have $5999 to spend on a 65".

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017