In the past, the take home portions were noticeably smaller than the in-restaurant portions. Also you are limited to these four take-home dishes:

Fettuccine Alfredo
Cheese Ravioli with Marinara
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Five Cheese Ziti Al Forno

It's a deal only because you get more food than just the dine-in portion, but this isn't "bring home dinner" unless you don't have much of an appetite.  Should be called "Buy One, Take Less Than One, Limited To 4 Choices".

They had better options to take home in the past...

rsuaver said:   They had better options to take home in the past...
  Yes, I recall Lasagna, and that is when we noticed the much smaller size.

I fail to see the DEAL
surely what you have to buy to get BOGO is priced regularly for 2

yesidonoitall said:   I fail to see the DEAL

No, it's the same price for the one Dish you eat there. But the take home portions are very small and not worth more than a few dollars.

EradicateSpam said:   

No, it's the same price for the one Dish you eat there. But the take home portions are very small and not worth more than a few dollars.

So  the to eat there is from the reglar menu, just not everything is available for the deal.
Is the free take home from a special list?

yesidonoitall said:   
EradicateSpam said:   

No, it's the same price for the one Dish you eat there. But the take home portions are very small and not worth more than a few dollars.

So  the to eat there is from the reglar menu, just not everything is available for the deal.
Is the free take home from a special list?

Answered in literally the very first reply to the original posting hours ago.  -facepalm-

The same options are available to eat there at $12.99, which are also the regular price.

There are a couple of premium dishes for $2-$3 more but you still pick from the same four to take home.

In the past you could easily get two meals with one of the take home. No more..

Is this one coupon per table?

Amazing how people cannot take the effort to go to Olive Garden's website where the offer is clearly stated.

There is no coupon.  Everyone can order one of the specific entries that are included.  Go to Olive Garden's site and read...

Green! This beats paying full price. I bought 20% off gift card from raise and my wife and I filled up with unlimited soup and bread sticks while dining in, bringing home 4 meals. Total cost is $37 including tax and tips, taking the 20% off into account, $30 true cost. Wife upgraded to premium Dish. That equals to $5/meal for 6 meals. It can't beat the cost of home cooked meal, but it works for us. Thanks OP.

EradicateSpam said:   Amazing how people cannot take the effort to go to Olive Garden's website where the offer is clearly stated.

There is no coupon.  Everyone can order one of the specific entries that are included.  Go to Olive Garden's site and read...

Where is the link to their website?

yesidonoitall said:   
EradicateSpam said:   Amazing how people cannot take the effort to go to Olive Garden's website where the offer is clearly stated.

Where is the link to their website?

Apparently you didn't read the OP. 

Whats to keep you from eating both meals while there?

yesidonoitall said:   Whats to keep you from eating both meals while there?
1) They don't bring out the take home meal until you get the check.  Of course, you will ask for the check and take home meal when your eat in meal is brought out.  
2) The take home meal is cold. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017