• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
$5.99 UNLIMITED SOUP, SALAD AND BREADSTICKS
COUPON CODE: 42   VALID: 8/22/16 – 8/26/16
Valid Monday – Friday in US Only
This coupon may be used to purchase one (1) Unlimited Soup, Salad & Breadsticks Lunch Combo for $5.99 (excludes children's menu items, tax and gratuity). Valid Monday – Friday until 4 p.m. Limit one (1) $5.99 Unlimited Soup, Salad & Breadsticks Lunch Combo per coupon, per check. Coupon may not be redeemed for cash or combined with any other offers or promotions. Dine in only. Cash redemption value 1/20 of one cent. Coupon may not be reproduced, sold, transferred or traded. Sales tax paid by the bearer. Valid at any Olive Garden location in the U.S. Visit olivegarden.com. © 2016 Darden Concepts, Inc.

JUST PRINT OR SHOW THIS EMAIL TO YOUR SERVER

Member Summary

Olive Garden
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Limit one per table... really??

rsuaver said:   Limit one per table... really??
  Yep, ridiculous....last year we asked for 2 checks and the waitress made a stink

Yeah. Would have been such a good deal.

My comment exactly
No deal for me

next time i go as a party of 2, i will ask for separate tables.
They did make a fuss last time i went and asked for separate checks. Mgr gets involved, and gets all bent outta shape.

Also, don't forget to combine this with the Samsung pay promo going on at OG.
I was there yday and got $5 off for using Samsung Pay.

yacheapbastard said:   
  Yep, ridiculous....last year we asked for 2 checks and the waitress made a stink

I'd make a stink when it came time to leave a tip. What a ridiculous coupon to even issue. 

It's good to be frugal. It's bad to be cheap.

The one per table is because it's dollar cost averaging the price of the meal.
it's really crummy food any ways, but at 5.99 you don't have to do the dishes.

As far as not tipping the waitress, it's not her fault. The manager is gonna set which rules get put aside, not the waitress. The manager is gonna see a report of the sales vs tables. She can get fired.
Ask the manager nicely, they might do it, especially if you're a regular at full price. (although why any one would eat Olive Garbage at full price is beyond me).

But if you are a jerk, you might get it once, but not likely the next time, and you're going to ruin it for other people

so separate bills at Olive Garden and pay with Samsung pay for an extra $5 off a $10 or more purchase...Of course separate bills are only good if you have two people that have Samsung pay.

harrisonh said:   It's good to be frugal. It's bad to be cheap.

The one per table is because it's dollar cost averaging the price of the meal.
it's really crummy food any ways, but at 5.99 you don't have to do the dishes.

As far as not tipping the waitress, it's not her fault. The manager is gonna set which rules get put aside, not the waitress. The manager is gonna see a report of the sales vs tables. She can get fired.
Ask the manager nicely, they might do it, especially if you're a regular at full price. (although why any one would eat Olive Garbage at full price is beyond me).

But if you are a jerk, you might get it once, but not likely the next time, and you're going to ruin it for other people

if the waitress is  a jerk about it, which according to the other poster, she was.....well her attitude isn't called for simply cause you can't use the coupon. She could be nice and say "I'd love to help you out, but the manager has strict rules about the use of this".

Please, spare me the lecture on tipping. simply asking if you can use two coupons with separate checks does not warrant a rude response from anyone.  I dine out for a pleasant experience, not to be treated like I'm in 2nd grade.

the waitress doesn't set policy. It's a corporate policy which the manager can choose to override, and who often does.

harrisonh said:   the waitress doesn't set policy. It's a corporate policy which the manager can choose to override, and who often does.

Did you bother to read what I wrote?  I didn't say she set the policy, but she is in charge of her attitude. And I am in charge of my red votes and have given you red.

yacheapbastard said:   

yacheapbastard! Just give your dining companion $6, yacheapbastard. Or, just shout them lunch yacheapbastard! It's terrible food anyway yacheapbastard.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
 And I am in charge of my red votes and have given you red.

That'l show him.

frog01 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
 And I am in charge of my red votes and have given you red.

That'l show him.

Epic Mistercheap response!

Ok, batter up, batter up. STRIKE ONE, Monday thru Friday only. STRIKE TWO, valid for only one person per table. STRIKE THREE, Olive Garden doesn't have a great fare to begin with. I would much prefer a family style Italian meal, not some corporate fare. Production line food, no personnel touch.

Olive Garden is stupid. They should have done, one coupon per table. If the whole family decides to sit on different tables, well they get it for $5.99.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016