• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Seagate Expansion 5TB USB 3.0 3.5" Desktop External Hard Drive STEB5000100 Black $109.99 at ebay.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Seagate Expansion 5TB USB 3.0 3.5" Desktop External Hard Drive STEB5000100 Black
$129.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seagate-Expansion-5TB-USB-3-0-3-5-Desktop-External-Hard-Drive-STEB5000100-Black-/291842292217 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

same price at https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-STEB5000100/dp/B00TKFEEBW!
edit: I bought one from Amazon and it also included the message "Congratulations. Your purchase qualifies for a free 8x11 Shutterfly Photo Book. You will receive instructions via email after check out."

Are seagates reliable these days? 5tb is great if there's good quality.

rendition said:   Are seagates reliable these days? 5tb is great if there's good quality.
  lots of failure reviews on Newegg. if you get this, have a backup

rendition said:   Are seagates reliable these days? 5tb is great if there's good quality.
  If you're going to use the drive heavily, do yourself a favor and pull it out of the case and put it in something with better ventilation.  These things fail because people try to push a pant-load of data onto the drive all at once, and the case has no fan or anything else to try to keep the drive cool.

I'll probably pick up several and throw them in a NAS with plenty of airflow.

I plan to use it for my Xbox One so even if it fails, I can just re-download the game. No biggie.

Well shoot... I was just about to purchase as a place to store all my backup data, but not after reading the Newegg reviews.

Would be very wary in storing 5tbs of data on seagate drives. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016