• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
WalMart has the Pennzoil 10w30 Synthetic 6 qts for $22.47 or 5w30 for $24.97. Hi mileage 5w20 6qts for 22.47. Order online and pickup in store. Combine with Pennzoil $2/qt rebate, cost drops to $10.47 and $12.97

https://www.walmart.com/nco/Pennzoil-Synthetic-5-Quart-Plus-BONUS-Quart/54246121 
https://www.walmart.com/nco/Pennzoil-5W-20-Synthetic-High-Mileage-5-Quart-Plus-BONUS-Quart/54263247 
https://www.walmart.com/nco/Pennzoil-5W-30-Synthetic-5-Quart-Plus-BONUS-Quart/54263244 
https://offers.pennzoil.com/rebate 

Member Summary

oil (29.53kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I ordered two of this back in Sept and got $24. I ordered two ($48 is the limit) more in Oct since this item was availab... (more)

FatWKing (Nov. 08, 2016 @ 8:00a) |

They finally processed my $24 rebate after 45 days of rejecting it in-correctly. Talk about poor management. I had to ma... (more)

FatWKing (Dec. 09, 2016 @ 5:00p) |

If you belong to Costco or Sam's it seems like Mobil 1 is always on sale in club for around $27.00  at one of the two, n... (more)

freakinout (Dec. 09, 2016 @ 5:55p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Anyone has a view on which one is better? Mobil 1 versus Quaker State versus Pennzoil Platinum? (Full Synthetic Oil)

rated:
any foreseeable issues with WalMart not showing up as a participating location?

"Offer valid at participating locations only. Please visit www.pennzoil.com/rebate for the list of participating locations"

rated:
They honored it for me last time.  The rebate wasn't as fast as the Mobile one, but they did honor it before.  Just select 'Other'.

rated:
Mobile 1 formulation has changed, it's not what it used to be by a wide margin. Engines with roller bearings benefitted from the older formulation, but not so sure this translated to the newer version.

Quaker State is a low-end brand now owned by Pennzoil or in common with it, I forget. I would use it in my lawnmower. But that's just me, cause I remember scraping non-synthetic QS sludge out of an engine with a spatula many years ago. It's probably just fine.

Pennzoil synthetic is top end. Penn Ultra, when you can get it, is as good as more exotic brands. Either will be outstanding. My Blackstone results for Ultra were so good at 6,000 miles, I quit changing at 3K. Very hard habit to break, but the results were amazing and showed I'd been wasting my time and money. Should have been changing coolant more, it turns out, lol.

rated:
stinkin rebates

rated:
This offer is better than the Mobil-1 one. I'll have enough oil to last several years, which isn't too shabby.

rated:
lexcurat said:   Mobile 1 formulation has changed, it's not what it used to be by a wide margin. Engines with roller bearings benefitted from the older formulation, but not so sure this translated to the newer version.

Quaker State is a low-end brand now owned by Pennzoil or in common with it, I forget. I would use it in my lawnmower. But that's just me, cause I remember scraping non-synthetic QS sludge out of an engine with a spatula many years ago. It's probably just fine.

Pennzoil synthetic is top end. Penn Ultra, when you can get it, is as good as more exotic brands. Either will be outstanding. My Blackstone results for Ultra were so good at 6,000 miles, I quit changing at 3K. Very hard habit to break, but the results were amazing and showed I'd been wasting my time and money. Should have been changing coolant more, it turns out, lol.

Apparently Mobil 1 is "real" synthetic while Mobil Super Synthetic is not.  Mobil says Mobil 1 is better:  comparison link 

Quaker State is owned by Pennzoil which are owned by Shell.  I don't know how sleazy Quaker State is or was, but they used to advertise "4x4" engine oil for 4WD vehicles, and they bought the scammy Slick 50 oil additive company.

I don't see how any of these synthetics can be that bad, all being API certified SN quality.

rated:
tgersinthewhhouse said:   stinkin rebates
  Mobil paid my last one in less than 2 weeks.  I submitted online:  link

rated:
Rebate form said "The total maximum rebate possible is $48 per person". So I can get 4 pcs 5qts bottles?

rated:
Thanks OP! In 4 2

rated:
Meijer has a $5 off 30 coupon on the front of their auto flyer, available on the kiosk in the front of store.

Auto Flyer

good through 9/10/16

Yes, they have Pennzoil Platinum.

rated:
antikennyl said:   Rebate form said "The total maximum rebate possible is $48 per person". So I can get 4 pcs 5qts bottles?
Yes.  You should also be able to get 5 x 5 qt bottles to max out the rebate -- you'd only buy one quart that wouldn't be rebated.

rated:
When you buy four 5 qt jugs, and 4 bonus single quarts, the receipt splits the cost at $16.71 for each 5qt jug and $5.76 for each bonus quart, so you can submit for the $48 rebate.since you bought 24 quarts.

rated:
Does the bundle price work in WalMart Stores or just online?

rated:
I haven't seen them in any WalMart near me, but you can order online and pick up in store or if you spend more than $50 you get free shipping.

rated:
The bundles are online only. I was about to post that they're all OOS, but looks like the 10W-30 (first link in OP) is back in stock today.

rated:
love this deal

rated:
Love the deal also, just can't get the scanned receipt to upload. I only get a blank page after I select to upload.

Addendum:  Doesn't matter after all.  WalMart charged me for the 5 qt. + 1qt. at regular pricing.  Took receipt back with printout of online ad and was told by CSR mgr. that they "don't match our online prices".  Me:  "It says available for in-store pickup and your system is down as you can see from the printout because it shows a a data error when checking in-store stock."  Her:  "It doesn't matter."  

OK, I guess it doesn't matter, I brought it all back and got a credit, including the oil drip pan.

rated:
Just got my rebate check for $48.00.

rated:
Ordered 2 High Mileage 5w-20 bundle.

rated:

rated:
Just uploaded email receipt from WalMart for the rebate. The item will be ready to be picked up in a week. Hope that is ok from the rebate perspective.

rated:
submitted my rebate on 9/12 and received the rebate check today 9/26. that's fast!

rated:
pcfriendly said:   submitted my rebate on 9/12 and received the rebate check today 9/26. that's fast!
  For those that ordered online and got paid, what did you upload as the receipt?  I did ship to store and did not get a receipt or printed invoice. 

rated:
jroros said:   When you buy four 5 qt jugs, and 4 bonus single quarts, the receipt splits the cost at $16.71 for each 5qt jug and $5.76 for each bonus quart, so you can submit for the $48 rebate.since you bought 24 quarts.

Thank you. Just got the four  5qt jugs with bonus attached to them from WalMart as instore pickup.  Do I just upload the order confirmation for the rebate ?  

rated:
FatWKing said:   Just uploaded email receipt from WalMart for the rebate. The item will be ready to be picked up in a week. Hope that is ok from the rebate perspective.
  did that work for you ? 

rated:
http://pqiamerica.com/March2013PCMO/Marchsyntheticsallfinal.html

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

And blackstones tests

Tops
Amisol
Valvoline
Quaker state
Pennzoil
Mobil 1

That said, unless you are using your car as a taxi , racing, or heavy duty needs, changing ~5000 miles with even regular oils will generally allow 100000+ miles engine life without an issue.

Replace the lubricant Before it doesn't work!

That said, used the last four on the list above, car doesn't care. Runs the same.

Trying to shift from 5w-30 to 0w-30 mobil 1 fuel savings - my engine didn't like it, ran with an odd sound. Swapped it out asap back and it's fine. So just stick with recommended.

What's key is getting a clean change. If you do an oil change, pull up the dip stick and it's anything but pure, light yellow clean engine oil, you haven't done a good job and the junk from the old oil is still in the system.

If you're nuts, blackstone engine oil analysis. Only way to tell for certain.

https://dtsc.ca.gov/TechnologyDevelopment/OPPTD_FLY_High-Efficiency-Oil-Filters.cfm

CA has already tested extended change intervals and found in general, modern oils and filters canbe changed at extended intervals safely.

That said, Blackstone is the only sure way to test your use, car and oil combo.

rated:
gocint said:   
FatWKing said:   Just uploaded email receipt from WalMart for the rebate. The item will be ready to be picked up in a week. Hope that is ok from the rebate perspective.
  did that work for you ? 

Yes it did. Just got my check yesterday

rated:
comprx said:   
pcfriendly said:   submitted my rebate on 9/12 and received the rebate check today 9/26. that's fast!
  For those that ordered online and got paid, what did you upload as the receipt?  I did ship to store and did not get a receipt or printed invoice. 

I just uploaded the email receipt. That's it. I got the check yesterday

rated:
Thanks King.  I picked up my oil today. Will upload receipt later today or tomorrow. 

rated:
Thax.I likeit

rated:
Purchased it at Wal-Mart and got a check!

rated:
FatWKing said:   
gocint said:   
  did that work for you ? 

I ordered two of this back in Sept and got $24. I ordered two ($48 is the limit) more in Oct since this item was available on/off @WalMart.com and submitted the rebate for $24. Was marked invalid due to max amt exceeded. I will have to call them to correct this.

rated:
FatWKing said:   
FatWKing said:   
gocint said:   
  did that work for you ? 

I ordered two of this back in Sept and got $24. I ordered two ($48 is the limit) more in Oct since this item was available on/off @WalMart. com and submitted the rebate for $24. Was marked invalid due to max amt exceeded. I will have to call them to correct this.

They finally processed my $24 rebate after 45 days of rejecting it in-correctly. Talk about poor management. I had to make 6 phone calls during this time.
In that regards, Chevron is much better. One email and they corrected the denied rebate immediately.

rated:
tgersinthewhhouse said:   stinkin rebates
  If you belong to Costco or Sam's it seems like Mobil 1 is always on sale in club for around $27.00  at one of the two, not as good a deal as the OP, but no rebates required (other than instant rebate at register)..  This month it's Costco

http://www.costco.com/Mobil-1-Advanced-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-... 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017