• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
You buy whatever length you need using drop down menu.  Price will change accordingly.  Use this with your Android 'phone.  Allow two to three weeks for delivery from HK (China).  Nice little portable endoscope is waterproof.  Seller accepts PayPal only.  No sales tax.  Endoscopes are new.

Android endoscope - lengths vary 

Member Summary

Android endoscope (14.72kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
There are some benefits, though, for not using the base 10 system. With a base 12 system, it's easy to divide into a thi... (more)

riznick (Sep. 17, 2016 @ 3:38p) |

But then there's weights and fluids, based on 16...

I wonder if the lumber industry could continue scamming us (e.g. a 2x... (more)

knickdigger (Sep. 18, 2016 @ 12:39a) |

I have the same questions. In addition, all the eBay listing for these say the 2m has 6 LEDs, but the 5m has 4 LEDs. Is ... (more)

chrispitude (Sep. 18, 2016 @ 4:50a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Also currently being featured at Amazon, where you can read reviews and check prices:

Amazon has these, too. 

rated:
This deserves more green. Think of all the savings...colonoscopies for life for just the price of half a co-pay!

rated:
I have one of these (something similar for my laptop) -- and it cost me more, so this is a great price.  It has multiple uses but I'd like one that is even thinner.  Unfortunately, the thinner ones are more expensive.

rated:
If the ones on eBay are from china might as well order direct from Meritline, banggood, or DX

rated:
In the picture there are some objects that look like tweezers and two cylinders. Can somebody tell me what those are?

rated:
The cylinders are mirrors that slip over the lens for side viewing.

rated:
The tweezers things hook on the end of the camera and allow you to try and pick something up. For example, if you drop a bolt while working on your car, you can use the camera and the tweezer thing to pick it up.

rated:
Hmmm...wonder where they ever got the name end-o-scope?

rated:
I really want to buy this but I am afraid this will just be another useless thing sitting around collecting dust.
What are some real world uses for this?

rated:
I actually use mine as a borescope for my firearms. You can really see the condition of the barrel. Also, there are very small stampings that I try to see, and it is difficult with my old eyes - I just hold this up to the markings and read it on my screen.

I can think of situations where you might be working on a car and need to look into crevasses that are not able to see in the engine compartment...or under the dashboard.

rated:
You can use it to inspect a clogged drain.

rated:
The ones on Amazon are 7MM these are thinner at 5.5mm but AMZ has loner ones.

I love the sellers "finger photos." Wonder if s/he is a proctologist. Gonna order a 5M one just so I can tease some family members and maybe examine my drain. Hopefully it will work with my USB-C OTG.

rated:
ArmchairArchitect said:   You can use it to inspect a clogged drain.

Hmmm, water isn't going down, let me stick this gizmo down to see the clog. check, there is a clog, this gizmos job is done (confirming the water not going anywhere). Seems like this is something that might wear the life of your USB port down. 

rated:
wear the life of your USB port?
That makes 0 sense.

This uses same port as the phone charger does.

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   
ArmchairArchitect said:   You can use it to inspect a clogged drain.

Hmmm, water isn't going down, let me stick this gizmo down to see the clog. check, there is a clog, this gizmos job is done (confirming the water not going anywhere). Seems like this is something that might wear the life of your USB port down. 

Well, you can determine if the clog is organic matter or a small toy that your kid was trying bathe so you can decide if you just use Drano or have to take the pipes apart.  It's kind of gross but I wonder if you can use this on a slow draining toilet.  I always suspected that my kid flushed a toy down hers.  

rated:
I've been wondering what's going on in the vent pipes or where to go during electrical wire fishing. This seems helping. Thanks OP.

rated:
Got one. Damn you guys.

rated:
The USB one "can be used with computers".

Wish I had one of these when I had bees in my walls. Wouldn't have solved the problem, but it would have been cool to see them.

rated:
These are very useful for inspecting joist cavities for rot, checking where the clog is in your sewer pipe, doing an inspection of your hemorrhoids, or checking your tonsils to see if they're swollen. Although not necessarily in that order....

One thing to note: The wire that comes with these is flexible. You'll need something to push the camera down a pipe. Electrical fish tape is an option for long distances. For short lengths, a 12 ga solid copper wire will do.

rated:
IrishBrewer said:   Hmmm...wonder where they ever got the name end-o-scope?
It's endo-scope, not end-o-scope
Originated from Greek/Latin. endo = internal (ecto = external) + scope = see/view

rated:
KayK said:   wear the life of your USB port?
That makes 0 sense.

This uses same port as the phone charger does.

"The standard and mini USB connectors have a design lifetime of 1,500 insertion-removal cycles, the improved Mini-B connectors increased this to 5,000. The micro connectors were designed with frequent charging of portable devices in mind, so have a design life of 10,000 cycles."

Yes, so after a while, your phone won't charge or it will charge but the computer can't see it; or vice versa or other strange things since the not all the 'pins' contact properly due to wear. 

rated:
Mine is somewhere in transit I hope. Lots of vendors seem to sell these (probably manufactured in the same factory in China). Yuu Tube had some sparse reviews and it seems not every phone will work. Needs to be able to run OTG (On The Go).

Kind of in a hurry as I'm adding engine oil to the Yukon each week because the leak is on top of the engine next to the firewall where only a small child or endoscope can see what's leaking (so says the mechanic). In fact they're so cheap I bought a short length ($10) for the engine that I'll just give to the repair shop and a longer one for the slow drain that's probably been crushed by a tree root. Hopefully it's only one blockage that will save me from digging up about 30 feet of drain pipe.

rated:
All of these are metric endoscopes. I'll wait for a standard measurement endoscope Hot Deal unless someone can point me to a converter.

rated:
Can someone point me to a USB-C version? Trying to see if I can futureproof this purchase.

rated:
The micro usb to usb-c adapter is only $0.79. I got one for my endoscope to use with my android phone.  Too bad, it only works with my OnePlus One phone.  No go, with my Samsung On5 or Blu Vivo Xl phones.

rated:
ArbitraryChicken said:   All of these are metric endoscopes. I'll wait for a standard measurement endoscope Hot Deal unless someone can point me to a converter.
  The US is Ass backwards with the "Standard system"  I just love dividing fractions vs dealing with whole numbers.  

rated:
Good deal in for 1 x 5 meter, never know when you gotta check for raccoons in the attic...

rated:
Anyone actually try giving themselves either colonoscopies or inspecting their esophagus?

rated:
txelcheepo said:   Anyone actually try giving themselves either colonoscopies or inspecting their esophagus?
That's a sure way for ER staff to have fun on your behalf.
You will be the talk of the hospital(s) and the material for a case report.

rated:
txelcheepo said:   Anyone actually try giving themselves either colonoscopies or inspecting their esophagus?
In that order? 

rated:
you da man.

rated:
Has anyone used it to explore the sink clog up yet? Will it fit to travel down or up the 1.5" diameter pipe?

rated:
All of these are metric endoscopes.
Serious question, is there some aspect of using these where metric vs imperial makes a difference? I would assume even if there's an app with a size gauge displayed, it would likely be able to change units. I can't really think in metric but it's Handy for calculations. For the length of these things, just think of it in yards and add 10%.

I'm thinking I want one of these but not sure if I should invest in 5m. It's not that much more money but like with network cables, at some point the extra slack gets in the way. If I'm using it as a portable magnifier I probably don't want 5m.

My specific possible use is that I want to move my thermostat about 4" left on the wall. Stud finder says it's clear but banging in finishing nails says there's an obstruction 3" over. If there's a stud there I'll have to drill a new hole in the (unfinished) basement ceiling and rerun the cable in the wall. This endoscope could potentially tell me (a) if there really is a stud in the wall there, and (b) if there's an obstruction after I drill the new hole. At least I think that's how this thing works.

I note the Amazon ones are much more expensive but eligible for Prime, so the 5m is U$10 on eBay or U$23 on Amazon. If I needed it on Sunday or Monday, the latter would still be a deal.

[ADDED: I don't think those are tweezers, from the long description I think they're two separate attachments, one a hook and the other magnet. Challenge with using the magnet to get the bolt while working on the car (example upthread) is the magnet sticking to things on the way down. I had a similar challenge using a Harbor Freight magnet-on-a-stick (really an extensible pointer) for a similar purpose a few years ago but the stick was rigid enough that I could just thread it through; I assume this one would jump to the first thing it sees.[

Green for OP!
=aw

rated:
How do you install the app for this?
Enclosed QR Codes don't scan.

rated:
The Amazon listing upthread says to install CameraFi. Mixed reviews on the Play Store but maybe that?

=aw

rated:
KayK said:   I really want to buy this but I am afraid this will just be another useless thing sitting around collecting dust.

I do data cabling and this would be great to look up  (or down) into a wall to see what might be obstruction cables from moving through the walls especially if there would be some way to attach this to the end of my fish sticks as they go into the wall!!
 ​The thing I'm most concerned about is ONLY the 2M one mentions LED lights at the end - but all the pictures seem to show LEDs - 2M is probably sufficient but since we usually work in multiple man teams one could be "out of the way" looking at the device while one maneuvers this into the wall to get an idea

rated:
I just ordered the 3.5m and the description says 2m but then mentions 5 different lengths. It seems like the only difference would be the length though I can't say for sure. It would be pretty useless without lights but that's not proof.

I noticed the listing had a separate cheaper 2m option but that seems to be regular USB with no extras.

=aw

rated:
lemonhead said:   
KayK said:   I really want to buy this but I am afraid this will just be another useless thing sitting around collecting dust.

I do data cabling and this would be great to look up  (or down) into a wall to see what might be obstruction cables from moving through the walls especially if there would be some way to attach this to the end of my fish sticks as they go into the wall!!
 ​The thing I'm most concerned about is ONLY the 2M one mentions LED lights at the end - but all the pictures seem to show LEDs - 2M is probably sufficient but since we usually work in multiple man teams one could be "out of the way" looking at the device while one maneuvers this into the wall to get an idea

I got the 5m one, just arrived a few days ago.  Has LED lights, works well.  Only complaints are that the light could be brighter and a focusing option for really close inspections would be nice.  But for this price those are weak complaints.

Skipping 7 Messages...
rated:
Hi_Buster said:   Other than width, what is the difference between 7mm and 5.5mm endoscopes? Is there a resolution difference or do they both use the same camera, just in a different width package?
I have the same questions. In addition, all the eBay listing for these say the 2m has 6 LEDs, but the 5m has 4 LEDs. Is this true for all of these?

I need a 5m (for scoping down the full height of a wall, plus reaching the tablet). I'm wondering if any of these no-name 5m scopes are better than others, or if they're all the same.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016