Office Depot Rewards: Duracell AA/AAA battery 16 packs, Pay $13.99 Get back $13.98 in rewards, limit 2 (08/28/2016 - 09/03/2016)

Duracell® Alkaline AA/AAA 16-PK Batteries
Pay $13.99 Get back $13.98 in rewards
08/28/2016 - 09/03/2016
Limit 2 offers per member (2 total not 2 per SKU)
Valid in-store and online

Office Depot Rewards Offer page: http://www.officedepot.com/a/content/loyalty/rewardsoffers/ 

Product Link: http://www.officedepot.com/catalog/search.do?items=651674+242237 

Online version of in-store ad: http://akimages.shoplocal.com/dyn_rppi/1500.0.80.0/OfficeDepot/l... 

Note 1: This is a fixed rewards offer with a separate payout. The Rewards Certificate from separate payout offers are generally made available about a week after the offer ends.

Note 2: Per the terms of the program, Rewards earned -- and hence Rewards payouts -- are reduced to the extent the rewards purchase is paid for with Rewards, coupons or Merchandise Cards.

TERMS: Limit 2 offers per member. Batteries: Valid in-store, online, by phone or fax from 8/28/16 – 9/3/16 11:59 PM ET or while supplies last, whichever occurs first. Limit 2 offers per member. This offer cannot be combined with other Bonus Reward offers on the same or similar products and services. Allow up to 5 weeks after the promotion ends for Rewards to become available in your account. These rewards will be issued as a separate reward certificate from your Program reward certificate.

19 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Office Depot coupon thread.
rated:
Isn't there some crazy rule with their reward redemption in that you have to have a certain dollar amount of spending before being able to use a reward certificate or  spending reward dollars earned?

Or am I thinking of redemption of rewards earned with recycling of ink cartridges?

rated:
ljderm said:   Isn't there some crazy rule with their reward redemption in that you have to have a certain dollar amount of spending before being able to use a reward certificate or  spending reward dollars earned?

Or am I thinking of redemption of rewards earned with recycling of ink cartridges?

You are probably thinking of qualifying to recycle which requires $10 or more in qualified purchases in the month or rewards offers that earn points which payout in $10 increments. This is not a points offer. It is a fixed offer that will payout to the penny.

rated:
Gee, only a penny + tax on $13.99 + rebate rigamarole, for GTL* Duracell Batteries!

GTL = GUARANTEED TO LEAK

rated:
$10 recycling rewards minimum spend for August and September!

rated:
ljderm said:   Isn't there some crazy rule with their reward redemption in that you have to have a certain dollar amount of spending before being able to use a reward certificate or  spending reward dollars earned?

Can't be sure of what you're thinking of but regular reward point are earned in $10 increment (1000 points).  Anything less than 1000 points is lost when the cycle changes quarterly.

Unless you're thinking of the recycling rewards like bpvh suggested.  Then you need to spend $10 minimum in the same month you recycle, whether you recycled 1 or 10 carts, in purchase(s) tied to your rewards account.  Only then do those rewards earned (by recycling) become valid to be issued the following month.

rated:
OP updated.

rated:
Okay. They are on sale today for $12.59 each so is this a money maker or will they cancel the rewards or order?

rated:
MDAlfordastic said:   Okay. They are on sale today for $12.59 each so is this a money maker or will they cancel the rewards or order?
Possibly a MM. Neither the order nor the rewards will be cancelled because of the sale price on the batteries.

rated:
How is spending real money to get Monopoly money a MM?

rated:
MDAlfordastic said:   Okay. They are on sale today for $12.59 each so is this a money maker or will they cancel the rewards or order?  
My 16 ct AAA batteries rang up for $13.99 today (Monday). How did you get them for $12.59?

rated:
MrVietnam said:   

My 16 ct AAA batteries rang up for $13.99 today (Monday). How did you get them for $12.59?

The online price on Sunday was $12.59. In-store price is $13.99.

rated:
bpvh said:   MrVietnam said:   

Was that a Sunday only price? I guess it was as now online the batteries are $13.99. Bummer. I wish I would have known the online price was cheaper. It will be interesting to see if those who bought at the cheaper price get only what they paid back or if they get $13.98 back.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   
bpvh said:   
MrVietnam said:   

Was that a Sunday only price? I guess it was as now online the batteries are $13.99. Bummer. I wish I would have known the online price was cheaper. It will be interesting to see if those who bought at the cheaper price get only what they paid back or if they get $13.98 back.

I do not know when the online price went from $12.59 to $13.99. There is a sale this week on select Duracell batteries at least online. I presume that the batteries in this deal were initially tagged with a sale price, incorrectly, and at some point that was discovered and corrected.

rated:
Can I use my reward certificate money to purchase the batteries and still receive full value in new rewards? In short, do the rewards roll?

rated:
GiggleGreen said:   Can I use my reward certificate money to purchase the batteries and still receive full value in new rewards? In short, do the rewards roll?  
In short, no.

rated:
Does anyone know if giftcard purchase is counted towards the $10 spending for ink recycling purpose? TIA!

rated:
niniss said:   Does anyone know if giftcard purchase is counted towards the $10 spending for ink recycling purpose? TIA!
Gift card purchases do NOT count the purchase requirement to qualify to recycle for the month:

Ink Recycling
Members can earn 200 points (= $2 in rewards) for every cartridge recycled in-store, up to 10 per month. Minimum qualifying in-store or online purchase totaling at least $10 or more each month is required to earn monthly rewards for recycling. Qualifying purchases exclude taxes; delivery fees; postage stamps; gift and prepaid cards; and purchases made with Office Depot or OfficeMax Rewards and Merchandise Cards/Certificates. Additional cartridges can be recycled, but rewards will only be earned on the monthly limit of 10.
-- http://www.officedepot.com/a/content/loyalty/rewardtermsandcondi...

rated:
Yeah, i thought so too. But it got me confused when last week i was reviewing my purchase/receipts detail online, the visa gift card purchase amount was listed as eligible purchase amount.

rated:
niniss said:   Yeah, i thought so too. But it got me confused when last week i was reviewing my purchase/receipts detail online, the visa gift card purchase amount was listed as eligible purchase amount.
If you mean the "Qualified Purchase" amount for the transaction in the "Purchase Details" of the Reward Account's "Purchase History", the "Qualified Purchase" amount only relates to the amount paid excluding "tax and payments made with Reward Certificates or Merchandise Cards".

Two separate qualifications have to be met to qualify to recycle:

• The items purchased have to be qualifying (aka excluding tax, delivery fees, purchases of all gift and prepaid gift cards, postage stamps).
  • The payments of $10 more have to be qualifying (aka not purchases made with Office Depot ® OfficeMax ® Rewards and Merchandise Cards/Certificates).

You meet the second but not the first.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016