• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Just checked it is the same MS 300 as this one.
What part did they say needed to be replaced? Any Autozone will read your... (more)

brusbrother (Aug. 31, 2016 @ 11:07a) |

Thanks OP, been needing one of these. Good thing to use my savings catcher money on.

MrOzio (Aug. 31, 2016 @ 2:05p) |

Great little device.

katek84 (Nov. 02, 2016 @ 3:27a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Thanks but an alternative is Elm327 scanner at Amazon for about $10-15 used in conjuction with Torque Pro $5.
Torque Pro is the best app for this scanners. I dont think it can be loaded onto the Oxford.

rated:
At this price why not !

rated:
Yes, you *can* get a generic adapter and Torque app for the same cost...

However, that requires a phone to run the app and some skills not everyone possesses or wants to. I agree, Torque is great and more functional than this but if you have or are someone who wants to just read and reset codes this is the way to go.

I have a phone with Torque, one of these and a several hundred dollar semi-pro scanner. This is the one I loan out. I also have several friends/relatives keep these in their cars so when/if the light comes on when they call me they already have the info I was going to need to answer "should I stop driving"?

rated:
anyone recommend a good OBDII scanner that can clear codes for BMW and benz ?

rated:
Looks like the lowest its been on camelcamelcamel is $6.79, and that was just last month (3rd party). 

rated:
I used to have a scanner tha worked with my PC but it was a pain to keep the software updated. For $15 this is a good simple item to reset the check engine light on my wife's car.

rated:
I used to have a scanner tha worked with my PC but it was a pain to keep the software updated. For $15 this is a good simple item to reset the check engine light on my wife's car.

rated:
I've had this model for years, does all I need
Tells me what's wrong and the and interwebz tells me(most of the time) how to repair
Also useful for clearing codes to see if just a one-of or if comes back

If you don't have a scanner, get one

rated:
Same price at Amazon

rated:
barbeque said:   Same price at https://www.amazon.com/Oxgord-Scanner-Engine-Diagnostics-Direct/dp/B011Q18D14

Beware, reviews in exchange for the item.

rated:
LorenPechtel said:   
barbeque said:   Same price at https://www.amazon.com/Oxgord-Scanner-Engine-Diagnostics-Direct/dp/B011Q18D14

bought this many years ago for around $20. served me well. read and erase codes. great for passing inspection for those pesky intermittent codes.

rated:
LorenPechtel said:   

FakeSpot: D 50.9%

rated:
only a hot deal for people that can't use the internet, cause the same model is the same price or cheaper all the time online.
eBay $13.95 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBDII-Scanner-Code-Reader-CAN-OxGord-MS3... 
Just sad that so many people give it a green rating without a clue or double checking.
flyboyz said:   anyone recommend a good OBDII scanner that can clear codes for BMW and benz ?
  Most any one should be able to.  We have a ~$5 bluetooth ELM327 clone from eBay and it worked fine to clear a code on my dads 2003 530i.  Just need to pair it with a smartphone with an app like Torque installed (free version works fine).
Here's one that looks similar to the one I bought (never can tell though) for $3.83 shipped from China (2-3 weeks). 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mini-ELM327-V2-1-OBD2-II-Bluetooth-D...
Just give a cheap one a go and if that doesn't work look for something better.

rated:
I got a bluetooth elm327 clone from eBay that didn't connect to shit for apps. Would like to know an appropriate name branded one to buy at least that is also well priced. Atleast if the WalMart reader doesn't work, you can take it back to WalMart. ^^

rated:
People left comments saying this can't erase the code on Subaru models. Can any subaru owner give a suggestion on a scanner which can clear the code out?

rated:
I have an earlier model of the Mirascan and it indeed erases codes on my two Subaru Outbacks. I have the intermittent p0420 and have been passing it for inspection for the past 3-4 years. I will check the exact model later and edit this post but it was a similarly priced unit 3-4 years ago.

rated:
Like stated above, the ELM bluetooth adapter with Torque is light Years Ahead of these units. Not worth your time!!

Yet, if you own a car, you should always have one of these in the glovebox!

rated:
jolapo said:   People left comments saying this can't erase the code on Subaru models. Can any subaru owner give a suggestion on a scanner which can clear the code out?
  I own MaxiScan Ms300 for few years.  It has no problem scan and reset error code for 2001 Subaru Forester.  

rated:
How can this be a good price when it was recently $10 on Amazon?

rated:
Available on eBay, OBDII Scanner Code Reader CAN OxGord MS300 OBD2 Scan Tool Diagnostic for $13.95 with free shipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400961411186?rmvSB=true

rated:
Some of the blue tooth adapters only connect to certain vehicles depending on the communication protocol used by the vehicle manufacturer. You have to get the adapter that your vehicle uses. use this link to determine what protocol you vehicle uses before getting a bluetooth device.

rated:
brusbrother said:   I have an earlier model of the Mirascan and it indeed erases codes on my two Subaru Outbacks. I have the intermittent p0420 and have been passing it for inspection for the past 3-4 years. I will check the exact model later and edit this post but it was a similarly priced unit 3-4 years ago.
  I have a Subaru Outback and the check engine light stays on. Checked by the dealor and then I was told that some electronic part needs to be replaced BUT the replacement won't guarantee to fix the engine light problem. Please post the model number. That'd be very helpful to me!

rated:
jolapo said:   
brusbrother said:   I have an earlier model of the Mirascan and it indeed erases codes on my two Subaru Outbacks. I have the intermittent p0420 and have been passing it for inspection for the past 3-4 years. I will check the exact model later and edit this post but it was a similarly priced unit 3-4 years ago.
  I have a Subaru Outback and the check engine light stays on. Checked by the dealor and then I was told that some electronic part needs to be replaced BUT the replacement won't guarantee to fix the engine light problem. Please post the model number. That'd be very helpful to me!

Just checked it is the same MS 300 as this one.
What part did they say needed to be replaced? Any Autozone will read your code for free. What code did the dealer report?
If you want a great site with Subaru enthusiasts to help noodle your problem, google Ultimate Subaru Message Board.

rated:
Thanks OP, been needing one of these. Good thing to use my savings catcher money on.

rated:
Great little device.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016