posted 1 month ago by
Geeky member

I purchased one of these sometime ago from this company and love it. I am sure there is a reason to buy one of these new, but for my purpose (glove box/nightstand) factory reconditioned is fine. Here is the link:†http://tsswarehouse.com/shop/sig-sauer-p229-40-sw-double-single-...
Thanks! Here is a link to the Sig page that explains the reconditioning process: http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/certified-pre-owne...
Here is information from the site:†
$488.87SIG SAUER P229 40 SW Double / Single Action Semi-Auto Pistol, Barrel, Finish Ė SIG SAUER UDE229-40-B1Firearms ship within 3-5 business days after order is placed.PLEASE NOTE: This is a Factory Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Model. CPO models are reconditioned by Sig Sauer to factory specs, and ship with 2 mags. Due to the nature of these firearms, there is no way to determine before-hand the specific configuration of the firearm. Some of them have night sights, some have standard contrast sights, some have rails, and others donít.Manufacturer:†SIG SAUERModel:†P229Caliber:†40 SWAction:†Double / Single ActionType:†Semi-Auto Pistol

Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread had been placed under moderation to keep thread on topic. — Aug. 27, 2016 @ 12:08pm
I want to be interested, but really, what is the history? Are these "like new," or beaters but correct to measures specs, or what?? Not putting down $500 for an unknown. Not should anyone else. This vendor is playing it too close to the vest.

HI, sorry if this posts twice. From my limited experience, these Sig CPOs are like new and are listed that way on most other sites. I bought one about four years ago from Palmetto. It did not have rails and had regular sites. It looked and performed like new. I sold that gun for a little more than I paid to help cover tuition for my kids last year. I replaced it with one from TSS about two months ago for about $60 more than the current sale. It has rails and night sites and seems perfect again. Here is a good link from Sig that explains their process for these guns.†http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/certified-pre-owne...
I will add this link to the original post too. Thanks!

These are "lease turn ins" from Law Enforcement. There will be some minor wear, but they are reconditioned to "like new", by the factory itself, not by some third party that might do a mediocre job. Glock has alot of LEO "turn ins" for sale at very good prices, too, but these are much better quality and of course, avoids the infamous "glock trigger".

There are some 10mm, 45 and some 9mm in various models, also.

Where did you see the other calibers? †I'm not a fan of the snap of the .40

I love my sig 1911 subcompact...sweet shooter.

not current, but they run CPO deals all the time. The sales co-incide with lease turn ins

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016