• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not trying to threadcrap, but only in the Apple eco-system can 2TB for $200 be considered a good deal...  Automatic backups or not.

ChinaRider said:   Not trying to threadcrap, but only in the Apple eco-system can 2TB for $200 be considered a good deal...  Automatic backups or not.

It is also a very good and easy to setup wireless router. The backup is also done wirelessly and can backup multiple computers.

After years of troubleshooting flaky wifi routers, finally got an Apple years ago and it has worked flawlessly. 

can you put a larger drive in? im sure Apple uses some special drive if they have their say, but I'd think about this if it had more space.

well i just saw a 3tb on Staples, also $100 off (down to $299, still grossly overpriced), so maybe upgrades are possible.

Apple likes to sell things like they think we are all living in an airport. step into the real world, and prices become normal again. this is why I don't fly or  buy Apple. heads are up in the clouds, and not in a good way

An opinion from the group maybe?

Could this be an indication that a new series of Airports is coming soon? I'd like to upgrade mine, but, if so, maybe it's not such a good idea to bite just yet? I know I hate to buy something at a fairly good discount, only to find out a few weeks later that there's a newer, more improved version for sale.

I have been looking at getting a Roku, for example, and see that they are on sale now pretty much everywhere, which is great; but then, I see an article like this which gives me pause: http://zatznotfunny.com/2016-08/roku-preps-express-premiere-ultr...

So, maybe waiting is the best policy at this point?

CMart said:   An opinion from the group maybe?

Could this be an indication that a new series of Airports is coming soon? I'd like to upgrade mine, but, if so, maybe it's not such a good idea to bite just yet? I know I hate to buy something at a fairly good discount, only to find out a few weeks later that there's a newer, more improved version for sale.

I have been looking at getting a Roku, for example, and see that they are on sale now pretty much everywhere, which is great; but then, I see an article like this which gives me pause: http://zatznotfunny.com/2016-08/roku-preps-express-premiere-ultr... 

So, maybe waiting is the best policy at this point?

http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/29/12429510/apple-iphone-7-event-...

Apple event happening on Sept 7th.  Perhaps we'll find out about another Time Capsule product then...  Who knows?

phisher4 said:   

Apple event happening on Sept 7th.  Perhaps we'll find out about another Time Capsule product then...  Who knows?

Doubtful...given the number of products that are in the rumor mill to have a high chance of getting released: (iPhone, new Watch, Macbook Pro's). 

respdoc said:   
phisher4 said:   

Doubtful...given the number of products that are in the rumor mill to have a high chance of getting released: (iPhone, new Watch, Macbook Pro's). 

True, but they didn't announce anything a few months back, which, I believe is when they usually announce the new Airports; so either they are holding off announcing til 9/7 or aren't announcing any at all.  I have to think it's the former, since, in its current state, it's technology that competitors have caught up to and surpassed in some cases.  So maybe a quiet little "Oh hey... we have new Airports too" sort of aside on 9/7, or maybe no big promotion of it at all...

Either way, I guess I'll wait. The offer at Staples is good til 9/24 anyway.

CMart said:   
respdoc said:   
phisher4 said:   

True, but they didn't announce anything a few months back, which, I believe is when they usually announce the new Airports; so either they are holding off announcing til 9/7 or aren't announcing any at all.  I have to think it's the former, since, in its current state, it's technology that competitors have caught up to and surpassed in some cases.  So maybe a quiet little "Oh hey... we have new Airports too" sort of aside on 9/7, or maybe no big promotion of it at all...

Either way, I guess I'll wait. The offer at Staples is good til 9/24 anyway.

Huh ?

I was talking about no "chatter" about any new Airport.  Usually there is "something" about any device they are updating or going to be releasing. 
As for tech...it's middle of the road.  I do see them releasing the next step (802.11ax) sometime...but doubtful this Fall. 

thanks OP...bought one 2 weeks ago and Best Buy is matching the price.

I praised (and used) Airport equipment for years...then got a TP-Link Archer C9 (and new Moto 6190 32x8 channel modem). I'm blown away. Didn't know what I was missing. Far better than the Apple gear, for sure. Apple is in dire need to update these routers for sure. They are old now. I had the most current Airport and Airport Time Capsule (yes, both in bridge mode). The C9 blows away dead spots in my home and property with ease.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016