posted 48 years ago by
wtjc
Senior Member - 1K

Lowes  Kobalt 250-Piece Mechanic’s Tool set  about 75% off   $49.95  YMMV   Here      Prices online range from low of $49.95 to $199.00 About 1/3rd of stores have it for $49.95 and the others somewhere in between.  Other stores might be dropping too – not sure.  Most stores have it in stock but not all

UPDATE  Stores seem to be starting to dump these.  Prices are falling nationwide - lowest seen $12.00 but it's on a store to store basis.  Watch your closest stores you might snag a fantastic deal   This is for a set that once sold for $199.00

These stores just lowered their price  Weds 9/14 posted 4:30 PM PT.  
. Seattle, WA 7 $17.91  
Clearwater, FL 3 $19.90  

Hicksville, NY 1 $25.00  
Rockledge, FL 1 $29.85  
Dublin, OH 1 $34.83  
Central Tampa, FL 8 $34.83  

Views
101 Comments
Add Comment
I posted this deal when it was $75. Very good deal at $50. Remember to add a filler so you can use a $15 off $50 coupon, bringing the price down to $35. This originally was $199

a good filler - http://www.lowes.com/pd/Stanley-National-Hardware-2-in-W-x-3-in-...

Where is a 15 off 50, none work for me.

justjeff said:   Where is a 15 off 50, none work for me.
  I manually just guessed one, took 10 mins.  I dont know this sites policy on posting coupons so i wont post, but if you google search you can probably find one.

Showing $99.50 for me. Dead?

you have to check different stores, they all have different prices

I did find one for that price near me but when I saw that it doesn't have a case, I stopped. I know I'd lose something.

+1 though

Slick29832 said:   
justjeff said:   Where is a 15 off 50, none work for me.
  I manually just guessed one, took 10 mins.  I dont know this sites policy on posting coupons so i wont post, but if you google search you can probably find one.

went through every site that I could find and nothing. this suggestion sucks.  

always helps to have an extra set of tools. awesome deal.

ordinaryhuman said:   you have to check different stores, they all have different prices

Updated Nationwide Inventory List as of  Wed  4:30 am PT   Inventories are prone to mistakes YMMV    
132 stores show stock at $49.95  -  Other stores have stock ranging up to full price of $199.00  (4 stores)
New updated list found near end of posts  Fri evenng 9/2/16

I bought this..any tool bag any of you recommend to put all the tools as it comes in a cardboard box?

how do you generate the lists of which stores have the sale and the price at each?

Anyone have a theory as to why they dropped the price so low on this?  Is it just not a very popular number of pieces for people to want?

Thanks OP!

Can you go to a store and get them to match the price ? None anywhere here in El Paso TX . There never is , we are never on the list , at least good lists .

the last 5/5 online orders i placed with Lowes have been cancelled. They still show 15 in stock, but tell me they have 0.

Thanks! Used one of those codes where you replace the letters with random numbers. Took a few tries but finally found one that worked.

Thanks OP. Scheduled to pick up one in Tukila in WA for $49.75

Dang!!! Those sold out fast in my area! Columbus Ohio area had 18+ at $49.75, now 0 available, drug my feet trying to find a $15 off $50, wish i would have just pulled the trigger. Thanks OP!

I probably would have went out of my way to pick this up but just realized that this does not have its own case. I have enough extras right now anyway. It's a great deal though

Wow - That's a great price for 134 sockets at 37 cents a piece (that's usually how I compare these), but man, I don't know how I'd ever use a set like that without a case.  Gonna have to pass and stick with the black friday clamshell sets that always pop up.  They are so much more useful in the cases; I've got a set in every vehicle.

scottvm said:   the last 5/5 online orders i placed with Lowes have been cancelled. They still show 15 in stock, but tell me they have 0.
  If I was a betting person I would bet that the runner that was sent to pull the order off the shelf quit looking when it wasn't in the designated spot.  People that work the tool area know where alternate storage locations are.  The item is big and heavy and most have to be stored elsewhere.  This has happened to me more than once.  Different story if inventory only shows 1 in stock (could easily be human caused inventory error)

I bet everything would fit in one of the Sears tool bags that are often $3.

Unfortunately they're all $200 and $150 around me.

Thanks, OP. Bought $15 off $50 coupon for $1.35 on eBay from this seller http://www.ebay.com/itm/272356961382 

Don't waste time replacing X or R in the coupon code.

4.5% CB from Ebates and 5% CB from Discover (Home Improvement Stores)

Used the eBay coupon, $38 w/ tax, took < 5 mins start to finish

Just picked up one of my orders. The cashier said they sold all their inventory this morning, its a hot seller. When he saw I used a coupon he said they probably lost a lot of money on this, which was a dick thing to say.

I placed several orders at different Lowes, that way if one order "disappears" the other stores will have it.

Slick29832 said:   Just picked up one of my orders. The cashier said they sold all their inventory this morning, its a hot seller. When he saw I used a coupon he said they probably lost a lot of money on this, which was a dick thing to say.

I placed several orders at different http://www.lowes.com, that way if one order "disappears" the other stores will have it.

I can't imagine why they sold out of their inventory 

Slick29832 said:   Just picked up one of my orders. The cashier said they sold all their inventory this morning, its a hot seller. When he saw I used a coupon he said they probably lost a lot of money on this, which was a dick thing to say.

I placed several orders at different Lowes, that way if one order "disappears" the other stores will have it.

A cashier saying that the store probably lost money on the item is essentially the cashier telling you that you got a great deal. Why do you take it as a dick thing to say?

I picked one up from the West Summerlin, NV location. Note that the computer says they are in aisle 60, bay 1 but in reality you have to walk around the rack. It's bay 2, I don't know the aisle number. There are still plenty to be had.

meade18 said:   

I placed several orders at different Lowes, that way if one order "disappears" the other stores will have it.

A cashier saying that the store probably lost money on the item is essentially the cashier telling you that you got a great deal. Why do you take it as a dick thing to say?

I think its pretty obvious if a cashier says in a rude tone that they lost money on you that thats very unprofessional.

Why does the cashier care, not their problem.

This is a really great deal.

Those $15 off coupons on eBay are good for buying anything:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112120740863

Since my store was still showing inventory, I placed another order. This time I took a ride to the store. Went down the tool aisle, and BOOM, pulled my order myself.

Um, I should start selling the codes on eBay...there's a free online coupon generator...people are profiting off of that? Ok.

coolbreeze said:   there's a free online coupon generator...people are profiting off of that? Ok.
  I think reno... has been shut down. If there's another, please share.

250 pieces? I probably use around 10 pieces max
Don't know how good it is but for less than $40, heck, just pulled the trigger.
Thanks OP, the refiller and the link for coupon.

What? Do not include case.
That's bad. Might have to return it.

So how do people plan to organize these? Mainly the sockets...

Super hot. I was eyeing this at $100, but the HF mechanics tool set (301pc) at $160 after coupon was still a better deal IMO. At $40 after tax, this is pretty hot, assuming my store has them in stock. HF sells socket rails for $1.

wilked said:   So how do people plan to organize these? Mainly the sockets...
  Rails work well depending on your needs
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Vim-Products-Soc-Holder-Rail-Set-3Pc/...

I just posted an updated Inventory list above in the posts  (9 down from the top).  

EDIT   --   Updated Current Nationwide Inventory List as of  Wed  4:30 am PT   Inventories are prone to mistakes YMMV    
132 stores show stock at $49.95  -  Other stores have stock ranging up to full price of $199.00  (4 stores)  
  some stores seem to replenishing  their stock

pianoCM said:   250 pieces? I probably use around 10 pieces max
Don't know how good it is but for less than $40, heck, just pulled the trigger.
Thanks OP, the refiller and the link for coupon.

What? Do not include case.
That's bad. Might have to return it.

At least we have the  option  -  I purchased 5 of them  --  Do I need all of them?     NO - but they were so cheappppp
Lowes returns are easy  (I brought two back when I purchased these)    Original two were purchased at higher price

A little bump for one of my favorite Lowes deals from Slick29832       Here   Lowes online pictures don't do the set justice.  It's a nice Handy set  and hey even got a case with it.
About 60 stores still have it @ $14.00 and lower.    I just picked up 4 more.   Naturally used a coupon and was even able to stack another discount with it.  Pd little over $10 ea.  Mods say deal has expired.  NOT TRUE when 60 stores still have it available 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017