https://www.groupon.com/deals/shell-nat


CASH BACK AVAILABLE


Promo Code: FLASH20 (YMMV if this works for 20% off)
 

Views
8 Comments
Add Comment
I was not able to get the 20% off extra. Anyone had sucess? Still not a bad deal if you have a vehicle with 20+ gallon tank.

So, these only break even if you buy at least 16 gallons at a time? Big tank.

I guess, if you get the 20% off, then they break even at 13 gallons...

cestmoi123 said:   So, these only break even if you buy at least 16 gallons at a time? Big tank.

I guess, if you get the 20% off, then they break even at 13 gallons...

  

This is a good deal if you have a mega SUV or mega PU truck. for the average sedan with a 16-18 gallon tank, I wouldn't waste my time. not worth it to just break even really.  If you can get the full $28 benefit, it's a nice deal.

Related: TMobile are giving today $0.25/gal off a single refill for free today in their "TMobile Tuesdays".

Price is still too high with the amount of hassle involved, specially since Shell does not typically sell the cheapest gas. Driving the car to near empty before hitting a Shell is potentially risky.

Having said that, I know people who take advantage of these type of discounts by bringing 2 cars to either side of the pump at the same time. Filling 10 gallons in each car gives you full value, and is easier to manage.

serenity22 said:   Price is still too high with the amount of hassle involved, specially since Shell does not typically sell the cheapest gas. Driving the car to near empty before hitting a Shell is potentially risky.

Having said that, I know people who take advantage of these type of discounts by bringing 2 cars to either side of the pump at the same time. Filling 10 gallons in each car gives you full value, and is easier to manage.

  

Serenity, really just depends.

Down south vs up north, Shell is quite competitive. Many newer cars have the "miles to empty" fuel calculator on the dashboard so if you know how many MPG you get, easy to know when your tank will hold 20 gallons (if you have a 22-25 gallon tank).

As I stated earlier, if you have a smaller car with a 15-18 gallon tank, this deal isn't for you. But for some, based on the type of vehicle and geographic location, it can be a nice deal.

The two car thing is indeed a hassle, assuming you can pull it off.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
serenity22 said:   Price is still too high with the amount of hassle involved, specially since Shell does not typically sell the cheapest gas. Driving the car to near empty before hitting a Shell is potentially risky.

Having said that, I know people who take advantage of these type of discounts by bringing 2 cars to either side of the pump at the same time. Filling 10 gallons in each car gives you full value, and is easier to manage.

  

Serenity, really just depends.

Down south vs up north, Shell is quite competitive. Many newer cars have the "miles to empty" fuel calculator on the dashboard so if you know how many MPG you get, easy to know when your tank will hold 20 gallons (if you have a 22-25 gallon tank).

As I stated earlier, if you have a smaller car with a 15-18 gallon tank, this deal isn't for you. But for some, based on the type of vehicle and geographic location, it can be a nice deal.

The two car thing is indeed a hassle, assuming you can pull it off.

I usually carry the 5 gallon tank for lawnmower with me, just to make sure I get the full 20 gallons. Got 3 Shell stations within 2 miles of house and prices very competitive.  

Purchased these. They took forever to arrive. Tried to use one and no luck at the pump. Cashier was clueless how to use them but managed to charge my Visa. Fight with Shell for that refund. Groupon WILL NOT refund these so they are worthless. Filed a dispute with my bank!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017