Posted with ToGo

Seagate - Backup Plus Hub 8TB External USB 3.0 Desktop Hard Drive - Black
$199.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/seagate-backup-plus-hub-8tb-external-usb-3-0-desktop-hard-drive-black/5450025.p?id=bb5450025&skuId=5450025

Protect your pictures, music and video files easily with this Seagate Backup Plus hub. It provides 8TB of storage capacity, so you can hang on to thousands of family memories or create an enormous library of digital music files. This Seagate Backup Plus hub is an all-in-one backup solution that makes data backup simple across multiple platforms.

Views
8 Comments
Add Comment
Amazon has it for the same price. Currently Discover card has 5% CB on Amazon, potentially a better deal
linky

ctgolfer said:   Seagate - Backup Plus Hub 8TB External USB 3.0 Desktop Hard Drive - Black
$199.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/seagate-backup-plus-hub-8tb-external-usb-3-0-desktop-hard-drive-black/5450025.p?id=bb5450025&skuId=5450025 

Protect your pictures, music and video files easily with this Seagate Backup Plus hub. It provides 8TB of storage capacity, so you can hang on to thousands of family memories or create an enormous library of digital music files. This Seagate Backup Plus hub is an all-in-one backup solution that makes data backup simple across multiple platforms.

Good reviews on Amazon

Kinda wary to put 8tbs of data on a seagate drive.

yoshistatue said:   Kinda wary to put 8tbs of data on a seagate drive.
  If you're not backing up, you're doing it wrong.

What if this is the backup? And I know, make a backup of the backup so use a WD drive for that? How about eliminating the middle man and just use WD to begin with? I'm at 100% failure rate with Seagate drives, all within 6 months of ownership.

I've had this drive for about 6 months now without issues. I use it for storage and back up only. Not suitable for your C:/ drive or any other use that does a lot of read/writes
I'm unsure what the issue is with people and Seagate drives. I've used them for decade or more. Never had one fail. They outlive their usefulness (I needed a larger dive) long before any issues most of the time.
Though I do have one  2 GiG Seagate that is going strong after 5 years of use

I use aronis true image to do whole disk backups. It takes about 6 hours to backup 3tb of data...for 8tb it may take 16+ hours....but this may be a good backup device for multiple 2,3tb drives...

Dead? $229.99 at Best Buy and $245.27 at Amazon

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017