Posted with ToGo

BLACK+DECKER LCC140 40V MAX* Lithium Ion String Trimmer and Sweeper Combo Kit

Add Comment
Now it is $178.19.

I have one if these trimmers and it is a mixed bag.  I sure like the battery power instead of using gas, but with a single 0.065" string, it lacks the power of the gas models I have used in the past with dual 0.080" strings.

40V MAX must be TWICE as good as my 20V MAX trimmer and sweeper, right?
Screw it B&D, why don't you just come out with a 120V MAX combo and be done with it? 
Kind of like that 2004 The Onion piece on Gillette coming out with a FIVE BLADE razor...
(I'd link it, but it has a cuss word in the title. Google "The Onion and We're Doing Five Blades")

Wait, I already have that combo!
It just needs an extension cord.

Would have been a great deal for $120. Looks like it's over though.
I also have the trimmer and I have zero complaints. Way better than the several gas units I've been through. Easier, less messy, lighter, no maintenance, no fuel/oil ratios. Battery easily lasts for my 1/3 acre.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to

Thanks for visiting Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016