• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Redesigned Inspiron Desktop | Dell
Disclaimer

Redesigned Inspiron Desktop | Dell
Disclaimer
http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/inspiron-3252-small-desktop/pd... 

Coupon is

SAVE$30

Intel Celeron Processor N3050 (2M Cache, up to 2.16 GHz)
Operating System (Dell recommends Windows 10 Pro.)
Windows 10 Home 64bit EnglishMemory 4GB, 1600MHz, DDR3L; up to 8GB (additional memory sold separately)
Memory 4GB, 1600MHz, DDR3L; up to 8GB 
Hard Drive 500GB 3.5inch Serial ATA (7200 Rpm) Hard Drive
Graphics Card Intel HD Integrated GraphicsOptical Drive DVDRW Optical drive
Warranty 1 Year Ltd Hware Warranty: Mail-in; Customer supplies box, Dell pays shipping
Ports Rear 4 USB 2.0, VGA, HDMI Front 2 USB 3.0Slots5:1 Micro Card Reader

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Dell
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good enough for office work. Im on the fence on whether this could run Windows 10 efficiently.

ayearaway said:   Good enough for office work. Im on the fence on whether this could run Windows 10 efficiently.
  I have a 9 year old Dell Insprion 1325 laptop with 3GB of ram and a dual core cpu running Windows 10 and MS Office 365, without issues. Kids watch movies, browser web, play Minecraft, and Roblox on it too.

How powerful is an intel celeron processor?

Hate to say it, Win 10 does run really well. Microsoft produces a good os every other time they release. Win 3.1, Win XP, Win 7, Win 10

There's a mismatch between the OP title and the details in the OP. There are both Celeron and Pentium systems at $279. The Pentium N3700 with Win 7 Pro (other specs the same) looks to be the better deal unless you must have Win 10.

The Pentium box comes with Win10 Pro license, so I think you can upgrade it yourself if you really need/want Win10.

Seems to be a good deal and could work for a home office

available said:   The Pentium box comes with Win10 Pro license, so I think you can upgrade it yourself if you really need/want Win10.
  Oh, duh ... yeah.  No brainer then.

Title says Pentium, description says Celeron.
CPU benchmark for the Intel Celeron Processor N3050 with turbo is 907... if this is the case, I have a cheapo tablet with Atom processor that has more zip!

Before you jump on this, maybe consider a used computer from eBay. They're a dime a dozen since many are coming off lease. I got a 3rd gen i5 with 8 gb RAM, 1 TB HDD and Win 7 & 10 for $128 (incl shipping) back in June. It doesn't have a scratch on it, and is much faster than this Celeron system, at half the price.
The electrons don't slow down with old age. A used system is just as fast as a new one.

got it about a week ago. works great for me. thanks.

canoeguy1 said:   Before you jump on this, maybe consider a used computer from eBay. They're a dime a dozen since many are coming off lease. I got a 3rd gen i5 with 8 gb RAM, 1 TB HDD and Win 7 & 10 for $128 (incl shipping) back in June. It doesn't have a scratch on it, and is much faster than this Celeron system, at half the price.
The electrons don't slow down with old age. A used system is just as fast as a new one.

now that seems like a sweet deal. please post link.

brusbrother said:   
canoeguy1 said:   Before you jump on this, maybe consider a used computer from eBay. They're a dime a dozen since many are coming off lease. I got a 3rd gen i5 with 8 gb RAM, 1 TB HDD and Win 7 & 10 for $128 (incl shipping) back in June. It doesn't have a scratch on it, and is much faster than this Celeron system, at half the price.

now that seems like a sweet deal. please post link.

No such luck! 
You have to find your own deal on eBay, and constantly check back. Did you really think a hot deal from June would still be alive?

A good deal lasts maybe 2 hours before its gone. All the stuff on eBay that's been sitting for days is generally not a hot deal (that's why nobody's snapped it up).
That's not to say that the used systems sitting for several days on eBay are a bad deal. They still beat the "new" prices by a mile. 

If, for some reason, you just want to see the deal I got, here's the link (BTW I bargained them down another $10):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/272275253832?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l264...

jschuman said:   Hate to say it, Win 10 does run really well. Microsoft produces a good os every other time they release. Win 3.1, Win XP, Win 7, Win 10
  It's like the Star Trek movie franchise.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017