Posted with ToGo

T-Mobile: iPhone 7 32GB for $0 or iPhone 7 Plus 32GB for $120 w/ iPhone 6 or newer trade

https://explore.t-mobile.com/apple-iphone-7-and-iphone-7-plus

Advanced new camera systems. The best performance and battery life in an iPhone. Immersive stereo sound. The brightest, most colorful iPhone display. And splash and water resistant.* iPhone 7 dramatically improves the most important aspects of the iPhone experience.

And beginning Friday, September 9, at 12:01am PST, new and existing customers can get iPhone 7 32GB for $0?or iPhone 7 Plus 32GB for just $120?with iPhone 6 or newer trade in. Pre-register now and we?ll send a reminder as soon as it?s available.

Read more at https://explore.t-mobile.com/apple-iphone-7-and-iphone-7-plus#YjV6flPVEAstSmmD.99

94 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 29, 2016 @ 9:53pm
rated:
How is this a hot deal?

rated:
This is the text from the T-Mobile site:
 And beginning Friday, September 9, at 12:01am PST, new and existing customers can get iPhone 7 32GB for $0—or iPhone 7 Plus 32GB for just $120—with iPhone 6 or newer trade in. Pre-register now and we’ll send a reminder as soon as it’s available.

$0 after 24-month finance agreement. If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance at full price is due. For well-qualified customers via bill credits with a 24-month finance agreement and qualifying service; + taxes and fees.

Read more at https://explore.t-mobile.com/apple-iphone-7-and-iphone-7-plus#yKMb2ExPPzEWzpQd.99

so it is free if you stay with them for two years and you traded in your previous iPhone 6 or 6s (and presumably 6+ or 6s+). No mention if you can trade in a relatively new android, so I would presume not. So the value proposition is at most around $300 for an iPhone 6 16GB (and less for other models), if you stay with them for 2 years. Also, not clear to me if the taxes on the phone are credited back or not (which could be over $50 in most states). 

P.S.

This does seem very much like a subsidy with a 2-year contract...un-carrier no more?

rated:
zklopman said:   This does seem very much like a subsidy with a 2-year contract...un-carrier no more?

Yeah, that pretty much went out the window with their latest money grab, er, I mean, new plan. My incentive to stay a T-Mobile customer will be completely gone once they inevitably force me off of my current plan.

rated:
TiredOfTaxes said:   How is this a hot deal?
  It is a free upgrade from an iphone 6 if you are willing to get locked in for 2 years. ATT would charge you 20$ extra a month (well their wording is you lose the 20$ discount / month from bringing your own phone). If I can keep my current unlimited plan and upgrade my phone seems like a decent deal to me considering I'd like to have the dual lens.

rated:
Basically, they're offering a discount equal to (iPhone 7 price) minus (whatever you'd get selling your old iPhone) on the iPhone 7, if you commit to sticking around for two years.

rated:
I wonder if I can keep my current plan - $50 for unlimited LTE.

rated:
Nobody's giving the Iphone 7 away...

rated:
Looks like a pretty solid deal if you own a Iphone 6 16GB. 

rated:
Xnarg1 said:   I wonder if I can keep my current plan - $50 for unlimited LTE.
  Yes, you can.

rated:
Seems like a pretty good deal if the coverage is decent in one's area.

We have 5 lines right now sharing 20GB at AT&T with a bill around $180/mo, all with iPhone 6 or 6 plus.

To move to T-Mobile we will be paying essentially the same (5 lines is $160 as the 4th is free) for Unlimited, which is right around $180 with tax.
Free upgrades on the iPhone 6 to iPhone 7, and $5/month or $120 upfront for the plus, which we will end up with one of.

In my situation, I'm moving to unlimited data and getting the phone upgrade if I switch for 2 years.

The coverage isn't as good, but with their new bands in iPhone 6s / 7 is much better than what I had in the past with the iPhone 5s / 6 when we moved to AT&T.
With their improvements it should be comparable.

rated:
I own a iPhone 6s Plus 64GB.... Looks not worth for trade. Should I buy a iPhone6 16GB on eBay?

rated:
My iphone 6+ has a cracked screen. Does it make sense to get the screen fixed and trade in?

rated:
You can pickup a used 6 for $300 or less, so you do the math...If you plan to stay with T-Mobile, it seems like a solid decision.

rated:
iphone 7 is NOT worth the upgrade. Wait for 7s or 8. imo.

rated:
IPhone sales continue decrease and if that happen to iPhone 7/7+, we will see a lot deals in the up coming holidays.

rated:
You're not committing to stay with them for two years.  It's a financing agreement.  Same as Jump from what it sounds.  If you cancel service, you pay the balance left on the phone, but no ETF?

rated:
It's a good deal. You can return the phone if you leave before 2 years. I wish I have an iphone 6 to trade up. Unfortunately I have a broken screen Iphone 5s that can be fixed but they don't take the 5s...

rated:
dabir said:   iphone 7 is NOT worth the upgrade. Wait for 7s or 8. imo.
  Yes, I agree iPhone 8 is where it will be at, especially if appl puts in a curved screen.

Still, for "free" to get iPhone 7 is tempting.  But then when the iPhone 8 comes out I'll have an obsolete iphone 7.  Probably better to wait < 12 months for the next version.

rated:
mysteryAgain said:   My iphone 6+ has a cracked screen. Does it make sense to get the screen fixed and trade in?

You may want to just spend the $80 to get your screen fixed for the sake of getting your screen fixed... (even cheaper if you do it yourself)

iPhone7 no longer has a mechanical home button.  I prefer the physical buttons.  I hate the non mechanical buttons on the androids.  They are too easy to press accidentally.  Also, you need to carry a dongle for your headphones/earbuds if you plan to use something that doesn't come in their box.  You can't charge and listen through the audio port at the same time (at least not with the dongle they showed).

I don't completely hate the iPhone 7.  I'm likely going to get one.  I'm a bit disappointed with the direction that they are going, though. 

rated:
nguyenkfw said:   It's a good deal. You can return the phone if you leave before 2 years. I wish I have an iphone 6 to trade up. Unfortunately I have a broken screen Iphone 5s that can be fixed but they don't take the 5s...

Not sure you can hand in the phone if you leave early.  According to the website, if you cancel service, you have to pay for the remaining balance on the phone. ("~~If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance at full price is due.")

Essentially, it's a standard "pay 1/24 of the phone price every month for 2 years" contract, but they're covering your monthly payments so long as you keep T-Mobile service.

rated:
jcrandall6 said:   
We have 5 lines right now sharing 20GB at AT&T with a bill around $180/mo, all with iPhone 6 or 6 plus.
In my situation, I'm moving to unlimited data and getting the phone upgrade if I switch for 2 years.

If you already have 20GB, you only get 22GB with AT&T unlimited plan, and its about another $30 to jump to the unlimited plan. 
Although they "say" they may not lower speeds after 22GB, I got lower speeds the majority of time after 22GB, especially during peak hours. YMMV 
Checking email, and simple browsing, but forget about streaming anything.  And you won't be able to get your 20GB plan back, only 15GB,
I found all of this out the hard way.

rated:
robby69 said:   
jcrandall6 said:   

If you already have 20GB, you only get 22GB with AT&T unlimited plan, and its about another $30 to jump to the unlimited plan. 
Although they "say" they may not lower speeds after 22GB, I got lower speeds the majority of time after 22GB, especially during peak hours. YMMV 
Checking email, and simple browsing, but forget about streaming anything.  And you won't be able to get your 20GB plan back, only 15GB,
I found all of this out the hard way.

It's that soft limit 22GB _per line_, not total?

rated:
cestmoi123 said:   
nguyenkfw said:   It's a good deal. You can return the phone if you leave before 2 years. I wish I have an iphone 6 to trade up. Unfortunately I have a broken screen Iphone 5s that can be fixed but they don't take the 5s...

Not sure you can hand in the phone if you leave early.  According to the website, if you cancel service, you have to pay for the remaining balance on the phone. ("~~If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance at full price is due.")

Essentially, it's a standard "pay 1/24 of the phone price every month for 2 years" contract, but they're covering your monthly payments so long as you keep T-Mobile service.

It's on gsmarena.com

http://www.gsmarena.com/deal_tmobile_offering_iphone_7_for_free_...

"... If you want to leave, there is no negative consequence and it’s quite fair: You’d have to pay the remaining balance of the phone off if you want to leave T-Mobile (total cost – credits already applied), or you can just turn it back in..."

Not sure how accurate the statement is.

rated:
Can I get this deal if I'm on a T-Mobile prepaid plan?

rated:
Essentially they're giving you ~$650 discount for an used phone that's worth ~$300. So basically $350 on a two year commitment. Seems much like the "promotions" run by ATT and VZ. The difference is, TM doesn't jack up monthly dues to offset the initial discount like ATT and VZ do.

rated:
Not sure what is the "Excitement" all about - T-Mobile is charging in full for the new iphone 7 (installment wise) and getting the old iphone 6/6s for free! To me this is a lose situation for consumers. I would rather sell my iphone 6/6s and then still get the iphone 7 for zero down and installments if at all iphone 7 is what i want.

rated:
Flamebeknave said:   Not sure what is the "Excitement" all about - T-Mobile is charging in full for the new iphone 7 (installment wise) and getting the old iphone 6/6s for free! To me this is a lose situation for consumers. I would rather sell my iphone 6/6s and then still get the iphone 7 for zero down and installments if at all iphone 7 is what i want.
  They aren't charging for the iPhone 7, that's just the point.

Imagine you have an iPhone 6.  Say it's worth $350. 

Scenario 1: Sell your iPhone 6 on eBay, buy an iPhone 7 from T-Mobile.
Get a 16GB iPhone 7, pay $27/month for 24 months
Total paid for iPhone 7: $650
Total received for iPhone 6: $350
Net cost for upgrade: $300

Scenario 2: Trade in your iPhone 6
Get a 16GB iPhone 7, pay $0/month for 24 months
Total paid for iPhone 7: $0
Total received for iPhone 6: $0
Net cost for upgrade: $0

So, you're saving (650 minus value of your current phone) by trading in.

rated:
Yes, cestmoi123, perfect analysis.

rated:
whammypower788 said:   Can I get this deal if I'm on a T-Mobile prepaid plan?
  No, not available for prepaid accounts.

rated:
Minimum iPhone 7 storage will be 32GB from what I read

rated:
Xnarg1 said:   
dabir said:   iphone 7 is NOT worth the upgrade. Wait for 7s or 8. imo.
  Yes, I agree iPhone 8 is where it will be at, especially if appl puts in a curved screen.

Still, for "free" to get iPhone 7 is tempting.  But then when the iPhone 8 comes out I'll have an obsolete iphone 7.  Probably better to wait < 12 months for the next version.

Or wait 4 yrs for iPhone infini

rated:
You can also get the iPhone 7 for $250 or the iPhone 7 Plus for $370 if you trade in a one of the following devices:

• iPhone 5
  • iPhone 5c 
  • iPhone 5S
  • iPhone SE
  • All trade-in devices must be fully-owned (paid in full) and meet T-Mobile trade-in requirements.

rated:
According to some posts on Reddit (and take this with a grain of salt obviously, because after all, it IS Reddit), Costco is offering a slightly different (perhaps better depending upon how you look at it) deal in store for T-Mobile iPhones: if you get the iPhone 7 and trade in your iPhone 6 (or above), you'll get a $650 prepaid MasterCard and you can avoid the 24 month "contract" to T-Mobile. I have no idea how it all works (or even if it is completely accurate, though it seems T-Mobile is confirming it), but if anybody knows more, that might be the way to go.

Screenshot from Redditor to T-Mobile Help

rated:
jrizzie said:   You're not committing to stay with them for two years.  It's a financing agreement.  Same as Jump from what it sounds.  If you cancel service, you pay the balance left on the phone, but no ETF?
  It's the same thing, when they called it a 2 year contract, the ETF was like paying $20-30/month for the remaining months that you did not fulfill your contract (You did not have to pay anything else).

rated:
And let's not forget, Tmobile will charge you tax on the FULL RETAIL PRICE of the phone, whether you get it free or not.

Personally I like the earbud headphones, even when I'm driving.  Charging and talking at the same time is what I do 90% of the time and needing a dongle for this new phone kills any desire to upgrade.

rated:
Here’s how to get this limited-time offer: 

Trade up from your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s (or any eligible iPhone) and purchase iPhone 7 on an Equipment Installment Plan (EIP), and make your monthly payments. 

Offer credits will appear on your bill once the trade-in has been completed. 

Have more questions? See FAQs here http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/apple-iphone-deals.html  

Limited-time offer; subject to change. For well-qualified customers. Plus taxes & fees; tax on full price due at sale. Get entry model iPhone 7 for $0 (w/ iPhone 6, 6+, 6S or 6S+ trade-in) or $250 (w/ iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, or SE) after bill credits applied in monthly installments with 24-mo. finance agreement. Must be active and in good standing when credit is applied. 1st credit may not appear until 2nd bill cycle and only after trade-up process is complete. May not be combined with other promotional offers.

https://my.t-mobile.com/content/dam/mytmobile/iPhone7Offer/Modal_Image_Desktop1.jpg

rated:
Just an FYI, the TMobile version of the iPhone 7 lacks a CDMA radio so it will never be able to be moved to Verizon/Sprint... However, the Verizon/Sprint version will work on all carriers worldwide.
https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/apples-new-iphone-7/

rated:
peste386 said:   Just an FYI, the TMobile version of the iPhone 7 lacks a CDMA radio so it will never be able to be moved to Verizon/Sprint. .. However, the Verizon/Sprint version will work on all carriers worldwide.
https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/apples-new-iphone-7/

Hey, that is important news... Resale value would be an issue if you get the Tmobile version. Thanks OP for the info.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016