posted 19 days ago by
audeltech

West Leathers Men's 100% Genuine Leather Belts -80% Off Sale $9.99

http://www.westleathers.com/sale/west-leathers-men-s-leather-bel...

13 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Is there anyone that's had one of these for a bit of time that can chime in on the quality? Specifically, how do they hold up over the course of a year or two of 'a few times a week' use?

rated:
FYI, Largest size is a 46 and as of 5:49am PDT there are only 38 left at the 9.99 price.

rated:
i need a size 34, but there is not size 34,so i have to choose size 36

rated:
i have find a deal priced $4.99, but it is expired , is there any one bought this belt ?

rated:
Its bonded leather..... not what I'd want in a belt but if price is your main criteria then its a decent price. It is not a quality built belt.

rated:
it say it is a Genuine Leather Belts . and i have see a Full Grain leather belt,i want to choose from one of these two belt

rated:
These are also sold on Amazon.com.  Lots of reviews (155, I believe), and it looks like the majority of them are very recent and not very good.  Many were posted due to receiving the item free or at a discount.  Not for me.

rated:
Yes, it is leather. Its bonded leather which means its a bunch of small leather pieces glued together. It is not cut from one piece of leather.

I'm not debating if this is a good buy or not. As I said the first time if price is your main criteria then this may very well be the belt for you.

rated:
For anyone's information, some belts can easily be shortened by unscrewing and removing The Buckle part, cutting the belt shorter, and screwing it back in - we do it all the time. There are some belts that cannot be shortened. Look to see if The Buckle is a one piece item with screws on the back. this particular belt looks like one that can easily be shortened

rated:
Allofus123 said:   Yes, it is leather. Its bonded leather which means its a bunch of small leather pieces glued together. It is not cut from one piece of leather.

I'm not debating if this is a good buy or not. As I said the first time if price is your main criteria then this may very well be the belt for you.

Actually, that isn't quite right. that is not what bonded leather is.

The leather industry has gotten pretty bad about labeling. Very confusing.

• 100% leather just means 100% leather fiber. can be ground up fiber in a binder, pieced, whatever.
  • Top grain leather means the outside layer of the leather. can be very thin, but it is the top slice. Can be backed (lined) with other materials (read labels carefully)
  • Full grain leather should be full thickness leather
  • "bonded leather" is NOT leather. It is PLASTIC, with some tiny amount of ground up leather fiber in the backing material. The surface the consumer touches is 100A% plastic.  (If you look at a lot of vinyl, it has a fabric backer. Think of that fabric with a sprinkle of leather fiber mixed in).

If it is ground up leather, the industry will confuse consumers by calling it "100% leather". If it is plastic with a sprinkling of leather fiber in the backer, the industry will mislead consumers by calling it "bonded leather."

rated:
"80% off"... New member, spamming with crap. See also:

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1525941

rated:
any body have bought it ? and is there any boday received the belt ?

rated:
oybevvyvcsxx said:   any body have bought it ? and is there any boday received the belt ?
Created an account just to ask this?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016