• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Amazon Prime Pantry free ship until 09/30 if you buy 5 selected items (again - seems to be every few months)
Qualifying items listed at:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/pantry/info/pantrypromotion 

Amazon has been giving out lots of 5.99 prime pantry credits lately for slower shipping. This can be a good way to use them up.
Credits and free shipping stack!
Nice way to send stuff to students away from home.

Note that it will let you add items to your cart that are OOS, then complain when you try to check out. Be sure it says "you qualify for free shipping" when you start check out.

Member Summary

Amazon Prime Pantry (8.68kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I just don't get it. I have placed 15 different "Prime Pantry qualifying items" in my shopping cart and Amzn shows: Prime Pantry box: 82.4% full. On the Review your order page, it still shows $5.99 Prime Pantry delivery fee being charged. Do you have to reach 100% full PRIOR TO receiving the $5.99 credit? My cart (before delivery fee) total is $17.96. Can someone shed some light on this?

rated:
You have to buy qualifying items any old prime pantry doesn't work.

rated:
Do you try to fill it up as close to 100%, or have you just did a Pantry order for a lot less?

rated:
It will show the 5.99 charge in the cart page, but will show the charge and an offsetting credit at checkout.
Look at the upper left in the cart - it should say something like "you qualify for free shipping" or "add one more qualifying item for free shipping"

rated:
Thank you OP.

If you are applying no rush credit, make sure the total is greater than 12-13, otherwise it will only apply portion of $5.99. Also, you can only apply one No Rush credit per Pantry order. I had two No Rush credits; placed two separate orders. With free shipping promotion, I saved $12 on the cost of the products. Usually, you just get free shipping for the pantry box due to 1 No Rush credit per Pantry order limitation.

rated:
To be clear to those with questions:

You have to add at least 5 items from the qualifying list From the link in the OP. You can't just add any ol' 5 Pantry items.

You can just check out with those 5 items. Or you can continue adding items until your box is full -- those additional items can be any Pantry items. Either way, you should see a $5.99 shipping credit on the final checkout page.

rated:
Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) [September 30, 2016

rated:
Would be nice if they had a "Show all qualifiying XYZ items" for each category. It's very annoying to have to page through 15 sections in stead of seeing a list of 50+ items to scan.

rated:
Okay, I added 5 "selected" items to the cart and proceeded to checkout.  The $5.99 Prime Pantry fee was there along with 2 $5.99 credits, 1 for the promotion and 1 from a no rush shipping credit.  So they are paying me $5.99 to ship the order!

You do not have to fill the box, and multiple items count to the 5 items, ie  5  of a single item gets the promo.

rated:
HuNan said:   Okay, I added 5 "selected" items to the cart and proceeded to checkout.  The $5.99 Prime Pantry fee was there along with 2 $5.99 credits, 1 for the promotion and 1 from a no rush shipping credit.  So they are paying me $5.99 to ship the order!

You do not have to fill the box, and multiple items count to the 5 items, ie  5  of a single item gets the promo.

What did you get?

rated:
apologies in advance as i've nvr done prime pantry before.. what's the advantages of buying from this category besides not driving to my local grocery store? the prices doesnt seem that cheap.

rated:
DaRealPencil said:   apologies in advance as i've nvr done prime pantry before.. what's the advantages of buying from this category besides not driving to my local grocery store? the prices doesnt seem that cheap.

Not much if you can get the same prices for the same things. Key is that you may be able to get a big discount.
If you have been getting 5.99 prime pantry credits from Amazon because you accepted slower shipping, you can use those credits. Like a 5.99 coupon on your order. That plus free shipping can make things come out cheaper than many local grocery stores. As always, YMMV.
Example - I got a box with  dental floss (wife needs the woven kind), and a shampoo. Total price (before discount) was $12. After the credit, it was $6, with free shipping, so half off.

-Most of the prime pantry orders I do are for my son who is off at college or the one working in Colorado with migrants as a volunteer missionary.  I can order stuff for free delivery to them. Nice for them to get a "care package" when I send goodies, also good to be sure they are getting things they need (floss, toothpaste, shampoo). Takes them a while to realize that  stuff - it doesn't spontaneously appear in their bathroom like it does at home.

rated:
Amazon sometimes surprises me with their shipping choices.
I ordered a prime pantry box last night. Probably about 9 pm (?). Nothing special - floss and shampoo. Total price $6 shipped.
This morning at 9 am, I found the package on my doorstep.

I usually can't even get that kind of fast delivery if I am willing to pay for one day shipping (ordering that late at night).

I have noticed that in the last few months, I have been seeing vans with Amazon logo on them making deliveries in the neighborhood (SF bay area). Might have something to do with it.

Another odd shipping thing - I ordered a plumbing part with no rush shipping (got my 5.99 prime pantry credit) on Tuesday. Delivery scheduled for late next week.
Ordered a case for my son's phone with regular 2-day shipping on Wednesday. Got the shipping notice yesterday that both items are shipping together and will arrive today. So (1) Amazon is getting smarter about combining shipping (although they will make a second delivery to me today, so they could have done better if thy had combined with my prime pantry box) and (2) I got my 5.99 credit AND didn't really have to wait for my part.

Not complaining about anything- just find it interesting.

rated:
thanks yahoot

rated:
If you do not have a $5.99 credit order something else you were going to anyway to get the credit when it ships. This is valid for almost three more weeks so it should be possilbe to order something and get the $5.99 credit to use on this Prime Pantry purchase

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016