posted 19 days ago by
anticlawson
Deal Hunter

Posted with ToGo

3M Headlight Restoration Kit
$4.15
https://www.amazon.com/3M-39084-Headlight-Restoration-Kit/dp/B006VB8JTQ 

Amazon has the 3M Headlight Restoration Kit on sale for $10.76 - 15% using Subscribe & Save - $5.00 Mail-in Rebate = $4.15 with free shipping.

• Use on Headlights, Taillights, Fog, and Directional Lights
  • Includes Sanding Discs and Polishing Pads
  • No Power Tools Needed

4.2/5 stars based on 267 customer reviews.
The next lowest price from a rated seller on Google Products is $18.38 shipped.

13 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
OP, please add "after mail-in rebate" to your title. The $4.15 price is deceptive without that info, and isn't accurate since you need to add postage for the rebate.
You have to jump through a bunch of hoops, just to get that $5 off.

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   OP, please add "after mail-in rebate" to your title. The $4.15 price is deceptive without that info, and ins't accurate since you need to add postage for the rabate.
You have to jump through a bunch of hoops, just to get that $5 off.

Thanks! I'll add it in!

rated:
Is this effective?

rated:
It works great. Worth it at the discounted price. You could also find tutorials on YouTube if you already have a lot of different grades of sandpaper.

rated:
yoshistatue said:   Is this effective?
  If you follow the instructions and take your time the results are stunning. I couldn't believe the difference, like night and day.

rated:
I liked the older version better. The one that came with an attachment for your drill. This one does not and its a PITA compared to the drill. On the other hand $4.15 for a hand-version is ok I guess.

rated:
No ding on the deal, but moreover wanted a share a preference on doing the work. I busted this out earlier this summer on my girlfriend's car, but used the kit (like $16 on Amazon) that comes with a drill attachment. THE RESULTS WERE AMAZING, but I can't imagine doing this by hand (without the drill) as I spent about an hour in the garage carefully progressing through each step. If anything, I'll buy this to get a cheap refill on the sanding pads and rubbing compound.

rated:
pantelones said:   No ding on the deal, but moreover wanted a share a preference on doing the work. I busted this out earlier this summer on my girlfriend's car, but used the kit (like $16 on Amazon ) that comes with a drill attachment. THE RESULTS WERE AMAZING, but I can't imagine doing this by hand (without the drill) as I spent about an hour in the garage carefully progressing through each step. If anything, I'll buy this to get a cheap refill on the sanding pads and rubbing compound.
  Do you mind linking to the one with the drill attachment? Thank you.

rated:
skunker said:     Do you mind linking to the one with the drill attachment? Thank you.
  https://www.amazon.com/3M-39008-Headlight-Restoration-System/dp/...

rated:
Here you go:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AIZ5HY

$10.76 w/coupon (check box, no code) and definitely the way to go!

Moderator Comment: Edited to clean link. — Sep. 10, 2016 @ 5:17pm
rated:
Technogeek said:   
skunker said:     Do you mind linking to the one with the drill attachment? Thank you.
  https://www.amazon.com/3M-39008-Headlight-Restoration-System/dp/B001AIZ5HY/ref=pd_sbs_263_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TZ0FW53088RPR0CCZ5SH

That's a good price and should have it's own thread. Shows $13.36 w/ S&S and a $4 coupon. Takes it down near historic low from nearly 4 yrs ago according to 3 Camels

rated:
Thanks!!!

rated:
It works great. It's a bit of labor, though. After doing it myself, I've realized that it's also worth it to just pay the $15-$25 when it's offered at the car wash or wherever.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016