Avatar
posted 2 months ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 5K

Posted with ToGo

TracFone ZTE Quartz Smartphone + 1200 Minutes/Text/Data
$59.95 w/VISA Checkout
http://www.hsn.com/products/zte-quartz-55-android-tracfone-with-...

$59.95 w/VISA Checkout

4728 Views
34 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Is this One Year of service?

rated:
Would have been a great deal before the recent changes.

rated:
If you plan on unlocking you have to be active for 1 year, and request within 2 months

rated:
marcopolomle said:   Would have been a great deal before the recent changes.
  What recent changes?

rated:
macdough said:   Is this One Year of service?
  Yes. See under bundled goodies: "1200 minutes (400 minutes tripled) with 365 days of service"

rated:
What a screwy site, cant get passed pick color t add it to the bag

rated:
Technogeek said:   
marcopolomle said:   Would have been a great deal before the recent changes.
  What recent changes?

  The pita you need to go through if you want to upgrade to this phone.  It now takes a phone call or chat to transfer service buckets

rated:
The Visa Checkout $20 off also works for other Tracfones. I needed a smaller phone, so I got the LG Sunset.

rated:
The LG Sunset is also 4G LTE, I think the ZTE is 3G. I got the Sunset too, worth it for $20 more. Also fits in a pocket better, when running or working out (I hate those stupid arm band holders).

rated:
Operating System: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean???

Are you kidding me? Who would want something that old?

There are much better deals around. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck...

rated:
I already have a older tracfone from an earlier deal, last time the phone came with a refill card, how would I transfer my existing number and leftover balances to the new phone is it easy ?, I saw no option on the website if anyone has done this and can update here for the benefit of all who will be in same boat like me

rated:
georgetgonzales said:   TracFone ZTE Quartz Smartphone + 1200 Minutes/Text/Data $60 w/ Visa Checkout.
  Yes, we know that, are you answering someones question?

rated:
got it for $60. thanks.

rated:
How new is that change? I got my parents the lg premier from the $120 sale a few weeks ago. My dad transfered both online with no problems combining there minutes and expire times.

rated:
TomN said:   Operating System: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean???

Are you kidding me? Who would want something that old?

There are much better deals around. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck...

  
Please point me in the direction of a better deal than a 5.5" smartphone with a case, a car charger and an entire of year of service, 1200 minutes, 1200 texts, 1200mbs of data for $60. 
Is the phone the latest and greatest top of the line?  Of course not. 
But the year of service + 1200 everything retails for $100 by itself.  Just a year of service (no extra minutes/text/data) retails for $50 from Tracfone.
What are you running that won't work on Jellybean (released July 2013) ?

rated:
jeffmd said:   How new is that change? I got my parents the lg premier from the $120 sale a few weeks ago. My dad transfered both online with no problems combining there minutes and expire times.
  Hmmmm.....maybe it was changed back.  Last time I tried I was given a warning I'd lose my buckets of service doing a transfer.  I ended up sending a couple phones back to hsn because of it.

rated:
liquidy said:   I already have a older tracfone from an earlier deal, last time the phone came with a refill card, how would I transfer my existing number and leftover balances to the new phone is it easy ?, I saw no option on the website if anyone has done this and can update here for the benefit of all who will be in same boat like me
  I also have a current tracphone, and, would enjoy this savings to extend a year service, but.... read this on the site:

To activate and redeem your promotional service, please visit activate.tracfone.com or call 1-800-816-0663 Promotional minutes are not transferable and are only guaranteed on the handset included in the order Upon completion of your TracFone activation, please dial "*22890" from your new handset to complete the over the air programming  

in the past, people say they Easily trasfered, has that changed? I don't know... anybody Done it recently? thanks

rated:
I transferred my wife's service about 4 weeks ago to the Moto E ($20.00 eBaay deal) and had no problems but it took about 2 hours to do the transfer. It transferred all her minutes but I had to transfer her contacts via the Bluetooth method. 

I would transfer the service first and after that is successful then add the airtime that comes with this deal.
The reviews for this phone are pretty bad though.
Activation and reactivation

rated:
Larryslug said:   
jeffmd said:   How new is that change? I got my parents the lg premier from the $120 sale a few weeks ago. My dad transfered both online with no problems combining there minutes and expire times.
  Hmmmm.....maybe it was changed back.  Last time I tried I was given a warning I'd lose my buckets of service doing a transfer.  I ended up sending a couple phones back to hsn because of it.

  RE:  Last time I tried I was given a warning I'd lose my buckets of service doing a transfer

Thats the last I knew according to tracfonefancier

rated:
My order seems to have been canceled (charged Sep 11, refund pending Sep 14 on my card) - is this happening to anyone else?

rated:
Technogeek said:   I transferred my wife's service about 4 weeks ago to the Moto E ($20.00 eBaay deal) and had no problems but it took about 2 hours to do the transfer. It transferred all her minutes but I had to transfer her contacts via the Bluetooth method. 

I would transfer the service first and after that is successful then add the airtime that comes with this deal.
The reviews for this phone are pretty bad though.
Activation and reactivation

  So what is the exact  procedure did you do ? as this phone dose not come with a separate airtime card 

rated:
I did this with a moto e, it had a airtime card.

This has no card??

rated:
Liquidy were you able to transfer service and add the new minutes?

rated:
Git mine today. the car charger is the typical generic  less than a buck if you buy in quantity version
No contacting of tracfone to activate with the 1 year, 1200 minutews
HSN has a site to go to
 

rated:
mactv said:   My order seems to have been canceled (charged Sep 11, refund pending Sep 14 on my card) - is this happening to anyone else?
  I thought mine was, I got a screen message to call them
I got no eMail either confirming the order or cancelling it
and still have not
I said screw it, dont want to sell to me, your loss
However the charge went thru Weds and
it arrived today

They must have had payment authorization issues the one day

rated:
I got mine thursday but it keeps rebooting.

rated:
Technogeek said:   I got mine thursday but it keeps rebooting.
  Take your finger off the off button

But seriously, was this before activation?

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
Technogeek said:   I got mine thursday but it keeps rebooting.
  Take your finger off the off button

But seriously, was this before activation?

  

After activation and after removing my finger.... LOL
I was thinking about sending it back so I did a phone reset and just left it on since the reset and it has not rebooted again yet, about 4 hours.
 

rated:
I tried but was told that I would lose the remaining balance from my old phone, anyone had any luck or tricks they want to share please

rated:
Where can you get a year and no minutes for $50? said:
TomN said:   Operating System: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean???

Are you kidding me? Who would want something that old?

There are much better deals around. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck...

  
Please point me in the direction of a better deal than a 5.5" smartphone with a case, a car charger and an entire of year of service, 1200 minutes, 1200 texts, 1200mbs of data for $60. 
Is the phone the latest and greatest top of the line?  Of course not. 
But the year of service + 1200 everything retails for $100 by itself.  Just a year of service (no extra minutes/text/data) retails for $50 from Tracfone.
What are you running that won't work on Jellybean (released July 2013) ?

  

rated:
jcrystal,

You can get the year with no minutes on the Tracfone site. It is an add on that they show after you put something in your cart.

The cheapest thing is 1000 texts for $5.

So add that to your cart, then after you click next you'll get a screen that asks:

"Do you want to add 365 Service days for $49.99 in addition to the plan you are buying?"

rated:
Thanks!

rated:
I got this for my middle school kid and very disappointed, way too big for a 5.5" and super heavy and slow even on wifi, and it keeps freezing. No wonder it's $60.

Will return and try the LG.

rated:
So anyone has any tricks or suggestions for transferring older service and phone number to the new one without loosing the air time and adding the new air time which came with this phone ?

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016