Avatar
posted 2 months ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 5K


3786 Views
17 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 4, 2016 @ 4:16am
rated:
Thanks OP, picked one up!

rated:
let us know what shape it's in...

rated:
Picked one of these up for my dad last week when they were $99... great condition!
I bought one brand new when they came out 1 year ago... still running strong

rated:
just order one now. let you guys know how it is after

rated:
What makes this Verizon-specific?

Edit:  Ah, I didn't know you can make calls and use data standalone without hooking this up to a phone.

rated:
mercury168 said:   What makes this Verizon-specific?

Edit:  Ah, I didn't know you can make calls and use data standalone without hooking this up to a phone.

  It has that capability, but you don't have to use it for that.  It's $5 more per month to add to a plan, but I choose to use it as standalone and can still make/take calls paired to my phone

rated:
ok..I caved and bought one...was worried it was reseller refurb and missing stuff but the site said manufacturer refurb.
Will report back when I get it as well

rated:
Bought one a few weeks ago from this vendor. This is my 4th smartwatch (OG Gear, Sony SW2, Gear S prior) and I like it the best of all of them.

Waterproof and looks good.

 Good shape for the most part, bezel rotation is a little wonky at times.

Activated it on Pageplus pay as you go for $10.  Recharge lasts 180 days.  $0.10 minute talk, $0.05 text.  Fine for occasional use and a lot cheaper than $5 or $10 per month plus taxes.

rated:
I did the Samsung watches. Switched to the Moto 360 and now the 360 2 and I really like the Android wear over the Samsung os.

rated:
do these smartwatches compare to apple watch at all? i want to buy one but don't want to pay for the apple watch.

rated:
in my experience, these other smartwatches were pretty good. i have not used the apple watch before though.

rated:
vcdburn said:   I did the Samsung watches. Switched to the Moto 360 and now the 360 2 and I really like the Android wear over the Samsung os.
  
Same seller has Moto 360 

Which would you recommend?

rated:
Got the S2 today. Even though it's manufacturer refurb, it doesn't include the two wristbands from the retail version..strap is too long for me

The watch is in like new condition as is the single strap they include. They included an LG charger that connects to the wireless adapter (which takes microusb input) and this should be a Samsung charger.

It's not bad hardware...screen is amoled and nice and contrasty. I turned off mobile mode for now but might try pageplus prepaid. I can't find the Pear Sports app (https://pearsports.com/) anywhere...it'll let you run fitness stuff w/o your phone.

There are a surprisingly large number of watchfaces. Newest version of Android wear coming later this year might be better, but the UI for the S2 works much better than the current version of Androidwear in minimizing the number of swipes/clicks.

rated:
Also be sure your watchband is tight...one of the ends popped off the watch last night at dinner in front of Apple watch owners who promptly suggested getting an Apple watch. Sigh :-P

rated:
kenyee said:   Got the S2 today. Even though it's manufacturer refurb, it doesn't include the two wristbands from the retail version..strap is too long for me

The watch is in like new condition as is the single strap they include. They included an LG charger that connects to the wireless adapter (which takes microusb input) and this should be a Samsung charger.

It's not bad hardware...screen is amoled and nice and contrasty. I turned off mobile mode for now but might try pageplus prepaid. I can't find the Pear Sports app (https://pearsports.com/) anywhere...it'll let you run fitness stuff w/o your phone.

There are a surprisingly large number of watchfaces. Newest version of Android wear coming later this year might be better, but the UI for the S2 works much better than the current version of Androidwear in minimizing the number of swipes/clicks.

  

Same condition for me, looks like new and came with the 1 strap (I would say this would fit about 90% of the adult population perfectly) and charger.  If your looking for a smart watch, hard to go wrong with this one for $85.  Iv'e been wearing mine for a few days and have never had a problem with the strap coming loose/off.

rated:
OOS - 9-20-2016 @ 6:48 EST.

Oh well, I hesitated way too long.

rated:
fixed the strap issue after digging a bit on the net...apparently the screws can become loose. Be sure to tighten them if it's easy to remove the strap as the instructions say...it should be hard to remove.
I'm just glad it landed on carpet

Wish it ran Android Wear but it seems like great hardware. I looked for shorter straps on the net and this apparently is the short one...now I remember why I don't wear watches much :-P

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016